Englishtart

Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Englishtart

Originally Posted by Englishtart2
Hi everyone.
This is Kim, had to re-register as I couldn't remember my password and had changed emails.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and your messages of support, Jay, Nathan and I really appreciate them.

Obviously we are still trying to deal with this sudden and tragic loss, Our Son Matthew was a gift to us all and we are trying to be grateful for the time we had him with us and remember how lucky we are to have had him for even the short 19 years, right now we are just trying to get through the minutes of the days and try to come to some sort of understanding, it is difficult but maybe in time we will get there.

Everyone has been so supportive and sweet, it's amazing to read his memorial page and see how many people he touched in such a short time, his college (Coker) had a memorial service for him last week, which was tough to get through, but healing in it's way. So hard to drive away without Matthew sitting in the back seat, but Nathan our oldest was there and was such a big help to us.

We are going to spend the Holidays with Jays parents in CA, then Jay goes off on deployment on Jan 02, I will not be alone (He won't let me be) My best friend Tina (Woodstock that posted earlier) is coming on New yrs eve for two weeks and after that I will be going to stay with her in Canada and then going home to my Sisters in the UK for a few weeks.

Thank you again to you all, I will try and come back more often and stay in touch.
Love Kim and Jay XX
Hugs to you, Kim and your family, too.

So very sorry for your loss.

Jim.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:48 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry to learn of your loss. Hoping that your memories bring you joy despite your sorrow; sending you love and wishing you strength.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 8:31 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.
This is Kim, had to re-register as I couldn't remember my password and had changed emails.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and your messages of support, Jay, Nathan and I really appreciate them.

Obviously we are still trying to deal with this sudden and tragic loss, Our Son Matthew was a gift to us all and we are trying to be grateful for the time we had him with us and remember how lucky we are to have had him for even the short 19 years, right now we are just trying to get through the minutes of the days and try to come to some sort of understanding, it is difficult but maybe in time we will get there.

Everyone has been so supportive and sweet, it's amazing to read his memorial page and see how many people he touched in such a short time, his college (Coker) had a memorial service for him last week, which was tough to get through, but healing in it's way. So hard to drive away without Matthew sitting in the back seat, but Nathan our oldest was there and was such a big help to us.

We are going to spend the Holidays with Jays parents in CA, then Jay goes off on deployment on Jan 02, I will not be alone (He won't let me be) My best friend Tina (Woodstock that posted earlier) is coming on New yrs eve for two weeks and after that I will be going to stay with her in Canada and then going home to my Sisters in the UK for a few weeks.

Thank you again to you all, I will try and come back more often and stay in touch.
Love Kim and Jay XX
Oh, I am absolutely heartbroken for you. I hope things get a little easier to cope with over time, even though I know it will always be hard. What a lovely young man he was.

Hugs to you and Jay xx
Old Dec 7th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

You have my utmost sympathy. I know what it is like, as we lost our eldest son 6 years ago, 10 years after his wife, our daughter in law, passed away. It affects the whole family, and I hope and trust that you get all the support and love that you need at this difficult time. I will keep you and your family in our prayers.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:47 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

im so sorry to hear this - thinking of you all.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Lean on those around you for support and comfort in the days and weeks ahead and know that there are many people thinking about you and sending you love and prayers. As said before, we're always here for you.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much guys, it means so much to see all these messages and to know that so many friends have been kind enough to show their support.

Most of you know that Matthew had type 1 diabetes and had been dealing with it since he was 7 yrs old. He never complained nor asked "why me?" He thought that and his red hair made him special

We got a call from his college at around 5:30am on Nov 18th, they just told us that Matthew had been found by his room mate at 2am slumped over his laptop and unresponsive. Paramedics were called but could not revive him. The circumstances are still unclear to us, we have been told that he had Keto Acidosis and was dehydrated, his kidneys could not keep up and his heart just stopped! It's all so hard for us to understand as Matthew always had such great control over his blood sugars etc, he had been home for his Birthday just 5 weeks earlier and had been fine, no health issues at all.

We will eventually come to terms with this, it's hard that things around us seem so normal, Jay says the roof should be gone, or the sky purple, but life goes on around us and that is how it should be.

We have Matthew at home with us, we didn't want to leave him here in SC when we move on, so we will be taking him with us until we settle somewhere eventually.

There are still so many unanswered questions, Matthew's roommate has yet to be able to talk to us about it, we are not going to push him, he has to come to terms with this too and he and Matthew were good friends. The local police still have Matthew's personal things and all his med supplies, we are hoping to get those back next week.

Thank you all once again, for being here! Love n huggies Kim xx
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

positive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to all

Hi everyone.

Love Kim and Jay XX
Hi Kim, I just wanted to add my condolences to all the others that have been posted here. Unfortunately I do know exactly what you are going through as I lost my son when he was seventeen years old. And all I will say is it takes time and in a way gets easier, but there is never a day when at some point you dont stop and think of him or shed a tear. And that first time you laugh again, you will feel guilty but you will get through it. I send my thoughts and love to you and if you do ever need someone to just listen or rant or whatever, please please feel free to pm me or e-mail. I will understand.
United through sadness.
Pam xx.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much guys, it means so much to see all these messages and to know that so many friends have been kind enough to show their support.

Most of you know that Matthew had type 1 diabetes and had been dealing with it since he was 7 yrs old. He never complained nor asked "why me?" He thought that and his red hair made him special

We got a call from his college at around 5:30am on Nov 18th, they just told us that Matthew had been found by his room mate at 2am slumped over his laptop and unresponsive. Paramedics were called but could not revive him. The circumstances are still unclear to us, we have been told that he had Keto Acidosis and was dehydrated, his kidneys could not keep up and his heart just stopped! It's all so hard for us to understand as Matthew always had such great control over his blood sugars etc, he had been home for his Birthday just 5 weeks earlier and had been fine, no health issues at all.

We will eventually come to terms with this, it's hard that things around us seem so normal, Jay says the roof should be gone, or the sky purple, but life goes on around us and that is how it should be.

We have Matthew at home with us, we didn't want to leave him here in SC when we move on, so we will be taking him with us until we settle somewhere eventually.

There are still so many unanswered questions, Matthew's roommate has yet to be able to talk to us about it, we are not going to push him, he has to come to terms with this too and he and Matthew were good friends. The local police still have Matthew's personal things and all his med supplies, we are hoping to get those back next week.

Thank you all once again, for being here! Love n huggies Kim xx

Bless you Kim...love and huggies back to you honey. xxxxx
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by positive pam
Hi Kim, I just wanted to add my condolences to all the others that have been posted here. Unfortunately I do know exactly what you are going through as I lost my son when he was seventeen years old. And all I will say is it takes time and in a way gets easier, but there is never a day when at some point you dont stop and think of him or shed a tear. And that first time you laugh again, you will feel guilty but you will get through it. I send my thoughts and love to you and if you do ever need someone to just listen or rant or whatever, please please feel free to pm me or e-mail. I will understand.
United through sadness.
Pam xx.

That's a wonderful gesture... I hope Kim takes you up on the offer, it may help guide her through some tough times.

You're a star xxx
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Have to add our own message of sympathy and condolences,many,many hugs to you and your family,Kim
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear this, children should never die before their parents. Condolences to you all.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

positive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
That's a wonderful gesture... I hope Kim takes you up on the offer, it may help guide her through some tough times.

You're a star xxx
Thank you Sugarmooma for your reply. If I can be of any help to Kim and her family I will be, and as you said there will be tough times coming. I truly meant what I said, cos sometimes you just want to shout, rant or talk about it because as someone else said, our kids shouldn't die before us. It's going to be really hard this Christmas and probably many more, but I am sure they will have huge support from friends, family and of course all of us at BE.
I wish I could put my arms around you all and just give you a big hug, sometimes I'm afraid that's all we can do.
Love Pam xx.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by positive pam
Thank you Sugarmooma for your reply. If I can be of any help to Kim and her family I will be, and as you said there will be tough times coming. I truly meant what I said, cos sometimes you just want to shout, rant or talk about it because as someone else said, our kids shouldn't die before us. It's going to be really hard this Christmas and probably many more, but I am sure they will have huge support from friends, family and of course all of us at BE.
I wish I could put my arms around you all and just give you a big hug, sometimes I'm afraid that's all we can do.
Love Pam xx.
Thank you Pam,
that is very kind of you and I am sure that you have had a hard time getting to where you are now, i'm sure we will get there too.

I appreciate the offer to get in touch privately, I will take you up on that one day For now I am doing ok, Jay is the best support any wife could have and our family and friends are just wonderful too. It's true what they say...at times like these we are blessed by having them. You all have been a big part of that too and I cannot express how much we appreciate it.

Jays family have been so generous, not just with their emotional support, but financial too, we had used up pretty much all our savings on Matthew's college expenses and we were wondering how we could manage all the extra expenses, his parents have helped out and even bought us tickets to fly to CA to them for the holidays, just to get us away from here, they are both retired so it has been a very generous gift from them.

We are still trying to come to terms with how fast everything happened, it's tough to see someone so young and healthy and happy, then 6 weeks later get that horrible call. I have to make myself believe that he is in a good place and is no longer a diabetic suffering all those shots every day. If I couldn't convince myself of that, I would be so much more pissed at the loss of him.

Wishing you all the best of the season, hug your families and let them know how much they mean to you, luckily Matthew always knew how much we loved him, we never ended a call or text without saying those words. It's definitely a comfort to us.

Thank you all and thank you Pam...huggies Kim xx

PS. We have a lot of school supplies just sitting around here, if someone could PM me with an address to send them too, I will be happy to send them to someone that needs them.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Very sad news, condolences to you and your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.