Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

emigrating on k3 with conviction

emigrating on k3 with conviction

Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Andymalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a cimt want to emigrate to USA

I have a conviction for theft from when i was 18. It was for theft and i was so bloody nieve. Im now 36 and never been in trouble ever apart from that one incident. Im marrying my girlfriend in florida in 6 weeks and am so worried i wont get a visa to go there for good, to be with here. I love her very much and shes the best thing to happen in my life i carnt sleep and just need to know wether there is still a possability im a good citizen from the uk who would pay my wages for the next ten years if i get her at the end thanks guys.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a cimt want to emigrate to USA

Originally Posted by Andymalia
I have a conviction for theft from when i was 18. It was for theft and i was so bloody nieve. Im now 36 and never been in trouble ever apart from that one incident. Im marrying my girlfriend in florida in 6 weeks and am so worried i wont get a visa to go there for good, to be with here. I love her very much and shes the best thing to happen in my life i carnt sleep and just need to know wether there is still a possability im a good citizen from the uk who would pay my wages for the next ten years if i get her at the end thanks guys.
Have you already travelled to the US on a VWP?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Have you already travelled to the US on a VWP?
yes twice but didnt know what morale turpitude was
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:40 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

yes twice but didnt know what morale turpitude was
So you have the first offense, and then maybe the subsequent ones of lying on the I-94W to compound it. Lawyer time: www.FongandChun.com.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So you have the first offense, and then maybe the subsequent ones of lying on the I-94W to compound it. Lawyer time: www.FongandChun.com.
Thanks for the support
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the support
Andy,

You already have this thread going...just keep it all in here. No need to post a new thread on the topic.

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:55 pm
Septicity

Thanks for the support
Surprisingly enough, the original offense was so long ago it probably wouldn't have been much of a hiccup if declared in your immigration dealings. With the other stuff though, I'd say you now need a professional for damage control.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Im marrying my girlfriend in florida in 6 weeks and am so worried i wont get a visa to go there for good, to be with here.
So were you just planning on going to Florida on the visa waiver, marrying her and staying?!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
So were you just planning on going to Florida on the visa waiver, marrying her and staying?!
YES I AM DOING THAT IN MARCH WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR SEVEN MONTHS IM SO WORRIED I DONT WANT TO PUT HER THROUGH THIS IF ITS GOING TO BE A DEFINATE NO THANKS.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

YES I AM DOING THAT IN MARCH WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR SEVEN MONTHS IM SO WORRIED I DONT WANT TO PUT HER THROUGH THIS IF ITS GOING TO BE A DEFINATE NO THANKS.
SORRY DIDNT READ PROPERLY IM GOING THERE MARRYING HER THEN COMING BACK TO UK TO WORK WHILE IT ALL GOES THROUGH
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:19 pm
Septicity

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/bbbot/train_wreck.jpg

Last edited by meauxna; Jan 16th 2009 at 6:01 pm. Reason: not necessary and 15 minutes too late
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Judging by the new thread this could be the way it's going....
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the new thread this could be the way it's going....
Andy! Please do not start new threads on the same topic you have going on already. Thank you.

And also please follow proper netiquette and type in lower case. Thank you again.

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

In answer to the question you posted in the other thread though as everyone on here will tell you...it is illegal to enter the US on a visa waiver with the intention of marrying a USC and staying.

You don't have enough time now (seeming you say you are getting married in 6 weeks) to apply for a fiance visa so what you will have to do is get married, you then return to the UK and the USC petitions to bring her foreign spouse over.

You should prob contact an immigration lawyer pronto though to sort out your visa waiver/CIMT questions.

Sophie
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.