Reload this Page >

Embassy send me passport back

Wikiposts

Embassy send me passport back

Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:00 am
ARMANI KHAN

sea_breezeboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Embassy send me passport back

How much the immigration attorney will coast us???
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy send me passport back

Originally Posted by sea_breezeboy
How much the immigration attorney will coast us???
A consultation will cost between $100 - $200. Each attorney sets his own fees for service, so no way to give a total quote if you hire him. She should call around and get quotes.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:04 am
ARMANI KHAN

its mean that the immigration attorney will totally coast us 500$????
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I did;t show any joint things bz i never being in USA....
OK, this is probably one major reason for the denial. You had absolutely nothing to show that you guys are in an ongoing, joint, marriage. You probably only had a marriage certificate and maybe some pictures together?

How often have you visited each other? How long have you spent in real life together? How long have you known each other? Is your wife of Pakistani heritage?

You don't need to have been in the USA in order to have joint things together. My American friend who married a man from Egypt was able to add him to her health insurance plan before he came to the USA. It's very easy to add an authorized user to a credit card. It's very easy to put another name on the utility bills. I added my husband as a non-driver on my car insurance. None of those things need you to physically be in the USA. Even in Pakistan, there must have been some way of adding her name to some of your things there...your home, your bank account, etc.

You could have included any cards/gifts/notes you or she got saying congratulations on your marriage, from friends and family. You could have provided written statements (affidavits) from people who know you as a couple and have spent time with you guys together....your friends and family in Pakistan, if that's where she spent time with you.

There were many things you guys could have done to provide proof of your married life together.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:11 am

its mean that the immigration attorney will totally coast us 500$????
What? No. Your wife should first call around and find an attorney who has experience with an Immigrant Visa denial. Then, she should have a 1-time consultation with him, which will probably cost around $100 to $200. If she thinks the attorney can help solve this denial problem, she can hire the attorney to take on the case. I don't know what the attorney will charge for his work on the case, IF she wants to hire him, but it will be more than $500, I am sure.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:15 am
ARMANI KHAN

Arrow Re: Embassy send me passport back

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What? No. Your wife should first call around and find an attorney who has experience with an Immigrant Visa denial. Then, she should have a 1-time consultation with him, which will probably cost around $100 to $200. If she thinks the attorney can help solve this denial problem, she can hire the attorney to take on the case. I don't know what the attorney will charge for his work on the case, IF she wants to hire him, but it will be more than $500, I am sure.

Rene
ok thanks the embassy told me that tell to ur wife that she need to contact wd NVC for further instructions.... we r just waiting to NVC to received our case...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:21 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

He has an approved I-130. And he's submitted a visa application and supporting materials to the NVC. If he didn't he would not have gotten as far as having a visa interview with a consular officer.

The consulate apparently does not believe that the marriage is bona fide (or perhaps does not believe that there even is a marriage) and is returning the approved petition to USCIS, via the NVC, with a recommendation to revoke the approval.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Good - now you must demonstrate to US Immigration that you have an approved I-130. It's entirely possible that they don't know there is an approved I-130. You need an attorney!

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks the embassy told me that tell to ur wife that she need to contact wd NVC for further instructions.... we r just waiting to NVC to received our case...
The consulate investigated and they think you are not married and that you were trying to come to the US for some other reason.

Is your wife also Pakistani heritage? Can she also post here?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:35 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not forget #1 on the top 10 list - joint tax returns!

My wife and I had a joint bank account and a joint tax return, and that was it. (But she wasn't a male from Pakistan, which probably makes things harder.)

Regards, JEff

Seabreezy, what kind of proof of your marriage did you provide at the interview? Joint banking? Joint property ownership? Joint credit cards? Joint insurance? Anything?

What proof did you show?

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:38 am
ARMANI KHAN

Originally Posted by meauxna
The consulate investigated and they think you are not married and that you were trying to come to the US for some other reason.

Is your wife also Pakistani heritage? Can she also post here?
Sorry dear i don't know that wats mean by heritage?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:44 am

Is your wife originally from Pakistan? Or is she American?

Can your wife join the forum, too?

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Let's not forget #1 on the top 10 list - joint tax returns!
Ohhhh yeah!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:47 am
ARMANI KHAN

Is your wife originally from Pakistan? Or is she American?

Can your wife join the forum, too?

Rene
OK i understand that wat r u talking about. she is white American and now a days she is in America...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:50 am
ARMANI KHAN

i m really tens and so much worried... i don;t know wat to do???? after long AP five months later of interview they took decision about our case...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Is your wife born in Pakistan? Her mother born there? Her father born there? Where is her family from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.