Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Eleonor and Denise are in the Building!

Eleonor and Denise are in the Building!

Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eleonor and Denise are in the Building!

For some reason that I can not imagine, I did not get to sleep Fridaynight until 4AM or so. Then I kind of lingered on the couch until 10:30 AM.

Their flight from Manila arrived in Detroit on Saturady at 10:05 AM..25 mintues early. Eleonor said they have no problem with Immigtation. The inspector took the brown envelope, opened it, and asked her the following questions:

1. What is the purpose of your trip to the United States
2. Who petitioned you?
3. Where does he live?
4. What is his birthdate?
5. What day were you married on?
6. How long have you known each other total?

After she answered those questions, he smiled and told them, "Welcome to the United States!" and on she went. I guess it took a long time for her bags to come up from the plane and she made it to the connection with just enough time. She arrived in Memphis on time and then in Florida at 4:31 PM....15 mintues ahead of time.

I had my two boys with me at the airport....they were surprised as well as they did not think she would be arriving until Wednesday so it was a wonderful reunion!! After a stop at Sbarro pizza (that is my daughter's favorite pizza in Cebu)..we finally arrived home where we are in the process of getting the kids into bed! After they are asleep, we will have some time for ourselves!!!

It is almost surreal for me now.....the woman whom I love more than anything else in the world is no longer at the other end of the keyboard, or the other end of the phone, or the other end of a Fed Ex package! She is just in the other room taking a shower and here with me for the rest of our lives. I certainly dont expect everyting to be perfect 100% of the time, but to me, this is what family is supposed to be about....just being together and going through the ups and downs of every day living having each other there....IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER.

Many thanks to all who have offered support, words of encouragement and everything else as we have gone through this first part of the journey.

Mom and Dad of 3

Last edited by Dad of 3; Feb 8th 2004 at 1:43 am.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:40 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eleonor and Denise are in the Building!

Many congrats. How long was it since you'd last seen each other? Had the kids met each other before?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sibsie
Many congrats. How long was it since you'd last seen each other? Had the kids met each other before?

Thank you so much Sibsie. From the day I left Cebu until her arrival was exactly six calendar months. They children had never met each other and so far they are doing gret together. When Mom of 3 and I were listening to them from the other room yesterday, we could hear the giggling and playing. Music to our ears.

Mom and Dad of 3

Last edited by Dad of 3; Feb 8th 2004 at 2:12 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Than you so much Sibsie. From the day I left Cebu until her arrival was exactly six calendar months. They children had never met each other and so far they are doing pretty well together. When Mom of 3 and I were listening to them from the other room yesterday, we could hear the giggling and playing. Music to our ears.

Mom and Dad of 3

Congratulations

Just curious you continually call your wife's daughter, "your" daughter or "my" daughter. Is she your biological child and if so does she now have US citizenship through you. Or if she is your stepdaughter, do you have plans to adopt her in the near future? And is your new wife free to adopt your sons?

Rete
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

BIG congratulations, Mom and Dad of 3 Enjoy life!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Congratulations

Just curious you continually call your wife's daughter, "your" daughter or "my" daughter. Is she your biological child and if so does she now have US citizenship through you. Or if she is your stepdaughter, do you have plans to adopt her in the near future? And is your new wife free to adopt your sons?

Rete

Rete:

Good question! Denise is NOT my biological daughter and we do have plans for me to adopt her at sometime in the future. The best way to describe Denise's sperm donor, who lives in the same town as she did, is a deadbeat dad. He refused to ever acknowlege existance of Denise let alone paternity. He arranged to meet her on one occasion four years ago and spent all of 3 minutes in the same room as the child. He is currently married and has another biological child with that woman. It is my personal belief that when one marries someone who has children, one also accepts a certain amount of responsibility for the person's minor children if there are any. In this case, Denise has never had a father.....and when Eleonor and I decided to spend our lives together, I also very willingly agreed to become Denise's father. There has never been a difference between being a father and a step father in my mind.....the only difference as it relates to Denise I will be her first DAD, where as my boys have gained a second mom since their mom is very much a part of their lives.

Thanks for asking...

Mom and Dad of 3
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Denise is a lucky little lady ;-)

We differ only in the one area and it is a personal one. To me, since Denise has not yet lived in your household for more than one day you have not yet been anything more than a distant figure to her as someone her mother married and who was going to take her away from her present living environment and place her in another. As perhaps someone who has sent money and presents. The role of parent and the right to be called mom or dad comes not with the act of marriage but with the act of being a parent. This includes love, disclipine, interest, sacrifice, emotional and physical displays that only time can offer. I'm sure that you will, as you have already seemed to have shown, that Denise will be as much your child as your sons.

Again, Denise is a lucky little lady as are you for having her in your life.

Rete

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Rete:

Good question! Denise is NOT my biological daughter and we do have plans for me to adopt her at sometime in the future. The best way to describe Denise's sperm donor, who lives in the same town as she did, is a deadbeat dad. He refused to ever acknowlege existance of Denise let alone paternity. He arranged to meet her on one occasion four years ago and spent all of 3 minutes in the same room as the child. He is currently married and has another biological child with that woman. It is my personal belief that when one marries someone who has children, one also accepts a certain amount of responsibility for the person's minor children if there are any. In this case, Denise has never had a father.....and when Eleonor and I decided to spend our lives together, I also very willingly agreed to become Denise's father. There has never been a difference between being a father and a step father in my mind.....the only difference as it relates to Denise I will be her first DAD, where as my boys have gained a second mom since their mom is very much a part of their lives.

Thanks for asking...

Mom and Dad of 3
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

May you, Mom of 3 & the kids will have a wonderful & happy life together!!!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Denise is a lucky little lady ;-)

We differ only in the one area and it is a personal one. To me, since Denise has not yet lived in your household for more than one day you have not yet been anything more than a distant figure to her as someone her mother married and who was going to take her away from her present living environment and place her in another. As perhaps someone who has sent money and presents. The role of parent and the right to be called mom or dad comes not with the act of marriage but with the act of being a parent. This includes love, disclipine, interest, sacrifice, emotional and physical displays that only time can offer. I'm sure that you will, as you have already seemed to have shown, that Denise will be as much your child as your sons.

Again, Denise is a lucky little lady as are you for having her in your life.

Rete

Rete:

I think we do not differ much at all. You are 100% correct in what you say. In her eyes I am probably exactly as you say. Over time, I hope Denise will decide for herself that I am her "daddy. In my eyes and heart, to me she is my daughter and the rest, as you wrote, will evolve over time.

Thanks Rete for your kind words

Dad and Mom of 3
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dad and Mom,

Excellent and thrilling and fabulous and brilliant. More wonderful news from the early class of 2004!

Congratulations and good luck with everything.

Leslie