Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Easy Phoenix AOS interview - Passed. :P

Easy Phoenix AOS interview - Passed. :P

Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:58 pm
USCIS Victim

YtsejaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Easy Phoenix AOS interview - Passed. :P

I'm happy to report that yesterday afternoon my dear wife and I went for her AOS interview and it was the easiest thing we've done so far, immigration-wise.

We found all the guards, employees, and our officer to be courteous and nice and willing to joke around. Our interview was recorded, and the officer told us that from the start as if it were just routine. He asked a bunch of questions (most of them from the I-485) and listened to my wife's long story of how we met, then asked for documents proving joint assets. Once this was all done, he approved us and stamped my wife's passport with the I-551 (valid for 4 months) and told us the PR card would be sent out within one week and we'd get it within 3. 10 minutes. Piece of cake.

After we left we realized the officer forgot to ask for our medical exam envelope! But as we all know, it's futile to try to go back and say "hey, you forgot this!" Can you imagine calling the 800 number and asking them "yes our officer forgot our medical exam envelope, how can we get it to him?" If they ever need it in the future we'll have it for them -- seal and all.

But for now we are both happy to have this episode behind us. We are definately moving on with our lives and we hope to spend as little time as possible thinking about immigration applications and the USCIS.

Congrats to all the others who just got approved, and best of luck to everyone else.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:10 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Phoenix AOS interview - Passed. :P

Originally Posted by YtsejaM
the PR card would be sent out within one week and we'd get it within 3. 10 minutes.
Congratulations, but I think the 3-10 minutes thing is a bit of wishful thinking.....

~SecretGarden