EAD timelines....

Old May 25th 2004, 7:40 pm
roi
EAD Seeker!

roi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new approvals for 24 MAY

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I think they mean you can't use that to go in or out of the country like you would a green card.

Kate. xxx
oh i see some light, funny how one thinks negative , n they just think of the negative, part, of it, hehe

so I think than what they mean is, if i go back to home, overseas, and when i want to come back....I cant use that card as to proof i can come back, as I have to show my passport visa however huh?

are you sure about this kate?
Old May 25th 2004, 7:59 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Congrats, Roi!

I'm off to France, gotta catch my plane in about 2 hours. Hopefully when I get back in 3 weeks, my EAD card will be waiting for me! *crossing fingers!*

Talk to you soon, guys! Be good!

Carole

Bon Voyage!!!!and COME BACK please!!!
I will miss you French Toast
Old May 25th 2004, 8:01 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by roi
hey folks, ok i got my ead card today, approved yesterday, got it today well thats great...but....says not valid for reentry to US? damm does that mean If I go back to my country and when i come back i gotta apply for it again???????? gee that so huh...
CONGRATS!!!
I think it means you can't use it as a green card
Old May 25th 2004, 8:11 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by roi
oh i see some light, funny how one thinks negative , n they just think of the negative, part, of it, hehe

so I think than what they mean is, if i go back to home, overseas, and when i want to come back....I cant use that card as to proof i can come back, as I have to show my passport visa however huh?

are you sure about this kate?
Positive. It wouldn't make sense to have to keep applying for an EAD whenever you return from overseas. If you tried to use just that on it's own to get back into the US instead of your Advance Parole or green card, I think the immigration officer would be amazed. I don't doubt that some people might've tried this, either!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 25th 2004, 8:17 pm

Positive. It wouldn't make sense to have to keep applying for an EAD whenever you return from overseas. If you tried to use just that on it's own to get back into the US instead of your Advance Parole or green card, I think the immigration officer would be amazed. I don't doubt that some people might've tried this, either!!!

Kate. xxxxx

I can't believe they make such "clarification" on the card...
When are you gonna get your EAD Kate? It is about time!
I am scared to know when I'll get my EAD approval, I bet it is ages away!
By the way girl, I signed up for an account with the USCIS.. and guess what?, my I-130 that was last updated on Sept 23 th (when they received it) has changed to May 22.. I think that means they changed my application from one HUGE pile to another
Old May 25th 2004, 8:24 pm
roi
EAD Seeker!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
By the way girl, I signed up for an account with the USCIS.. and guess what?, my I-130 that was last updated on Sept 23 th (when they received it) has changed to May 22.. I think that means they changed my application from one HUGE pile to another

lol @ one huge pile to another , hehe and did you know when your password expires in 90 days and you had to apply for an interim password than? lol i bet you ddnt know that, lol, just joking.

ok i called them immigration and they said my visa k3 can be used to travel in and out no problem even if i am applying for AOS.

so thats great huh,

also i think many may have mistook it like me and stayed the whole 2 years grrr pity...
Old May 25th 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by roi
hey folks, ok i got my ead card today, approved yesterday, got it today well thats great...but....says not valid for reentry to US? damm does that mean If I go back to my country and when i come back i gotta apply for it again???????? gee that so huh...
Are you sure it says that? Even if yours does it doesn't mean you have to reapply - it's just not a document you can use as proof that you are allowed to re-enter. Mind says "This document is not evidence of citizenship or permanent residence int he United States."

Surely all EAD cards are the same?
Old May 25th 2004, 8:32 pm

Originally posted by roi
lol @ one huge pile to another , hehe and did you know when your password expires in 90 days and you had to apply for an interim password than? lol i bet you ddnt know that, lol, just joking.

ok i called them immigration and they said my visa k3 can be used to travel in and out no problem even if i am applying for AOS.

so thats great huh,

also i think many may have mistook it like me and stayed the whole 2 years grrr pity...
Well a K3 is a 2 year multiple visa entry (even if your AOS application is still pending) That is why K3's don't need advance of parole
The password changes every 90 days.. like my patience with my I-130..
Piles must be huge at NSC.. believe me!!!
Old May 25th 2004, 8:32 pm

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
By the way girl, I signed up for an account with the USCIS.. and guess what my I-130 that was last updated on Dec 30th (when they received my application) has changed to May 22.. I think that means they changed my application from one HUGE pile to another
LOL!

I decided to just sit and wait for my EAD. I can't lose the plot anymore, as I'm already on a very thin thread. (Too much on my mind and not able to think about it all at once!) I have an interim EAD appointment scheduled for the 2nd week of June, and I know they've done SOMETHING with my file, but I just don't know what. All I can do is check my case status daily, and keep an extra careful eye on the mailbox and hope for the best.

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 25th 2004, 8:50 pm
roi
EAD Seeker!

LOL!

I decided to just sit and wait for my EAD. I can't lose the plot anymore, as I'm already on a very thin thread. (Too much on my mind and not able to think about it all at once!) I have an interim EAD appointment scheduled for the 2nd week of June, and I know they've done SOMETHING with my file, but I just don't know what. All I can do is check my case status daily, and keep an extra careful eye on the mailbox and hope for the best.

Kate. xxxxx
hey guys, i guess i could use my ead as id? got even my finger print on it, best id ever? hehe or wot?
Old May 25th 2004, 8:52 pm

Originally posted by roi
hey guys, i guess i could use my ead as id? got even my finger print on it, best id ever? hehe or wot?
I used my EAD as ID once while I was waiting for Talahassee to send me my driver's license!

Kate. xxx
Old May 25th 2004, 8:59 pm
roi
EAD Seeker!

I used my EAD as ID once while I was waiting for Talahassee to send me my driver's license!

Kate. xxx
great now i can buy beers without having to take my passport

the feel of independence is sipping in back already :P
Old May 25th 2004, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ead and ad

hi i am daisy , i live in MN i was wondering if anyone came across the MSC04197***** yet? when they went through the searches... see bottom info for my stats of waiting i hope i'll get my AP soon cause my husband and i plan to fly out July 18 to go back to see my family ... should i buy the tickets? or not???? help would be appreaciated alot! if i am as lucky as christian from Minneapolis only taking a total of 64 days from 1st noa then that would be awesome. just keep praying about it
Old May 25th 2004, 11:12 pm

Default Re: ead and ad

Originally posted by DaisyDoe
hi i am daisy , i live in MN i was wondering if anyone came across the MSC04197***** yet? when they went through the searches... see bottom info for my stats of waiting i hope i'll get my AP soon cause my husband and i plan to fly out July 18 to go back to see my family ... should i buy the tickets? or not???? help would be appreaciated alot! if i am as lucky as christian from Minneapolis only taking a total of 64 days from 1st noa then that would be awesome. just keep praying about it
Your NOA is dated April 15.. Mine is April 14, I think we still have a long road to go before we can complain about our applications not getting approved
Kate.. I have the feeling you are gonna get approved at the end of this week!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

DaisyDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ead and ad

you think i will get approved by july 15???for travel document ???thats when i am going away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.