EAD Taking Forever

Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Taking Forever

Originally Posted by Rete
BTW it is not your congressman. You don't have the right to vote nor are you a legal permanent resident. It is your wife's congressman/woman who you need to contact.
You don't need to be a PR or USC to refer to a congressperson as "mine".

I attained help from my old congressman about the I-765 entirely in my name, nothing to do with my USC wife.

It's all about where you physically reside.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing a Congressperson can do until it is outside normal timelines for EAD and AP which has been c4 months for a long time.

AoS seems to be a year or so, some get interviewed and some do not.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Others have been successful in expediting an EAD if financial hardship can be proven.

Rene
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

lenswipe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Others have been successful in expediting an EAD if financial hardship can be proven.

Rene
Well my case is already being expedited because it's outside it's normal processing time - unfortunately though that doesn't seem to mean jack shit because they're still saying an additional 30 days.

I contacted the ombudsman today. If that's unsuccessful, I'm going to write to my/my wife's congresswoman. This is just ridiculous. Every agent I speak to just fobs me off with another service request or confirmation number to write down and another processing window which goes by with no word or update.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenswipe
Well my case is already being expedited because it's outside it's normal processing time - unfortunately though that doesn't seem to mean jack shit because they're still saying an additional 30 days.

I contacted the ombudsman today. If that's unsuccessful, I'm going to write to my/my wife's congresswoman. This is just ridiculous. Every agent I speak to just fobs me off with another service request or confirmation number to write down and another processing window which goes by with no word or update.
It isn't being expedited because normal processing times is now out of the question with USCIS. It'll continue to churn along.

Best bet is job offer and congressperson.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

It isn't being expedited because normal processing times is now out of the question with USCIS.
How do you mean?

It'll continue to churn along.
You mean they'll just continue to take their own sweet time over it?

Best bet is job offer
Surely I can't get a job offer until I have EAD? I'm here on a K1 visa.

congressperson
Even better than Ombudsman do you think?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can certainly apply for jobs, get interviewed and get a job offer. You just can't get hired on without the EAD. The job offer could help you get an expedited EAD.

Yes, USCIS will continue to take their sweet time, no matter how much you call and inquire.

I would say a congressperson is better than an Ombudsmen.

Rene
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can certainly apply for jobs, get interviewed and get a job offer. You just can't get hired on without the EAD. The job offer could help you get an expedited EAD.

Yes, USCIS will continue to take their sweet time, no matter how much you call and inquire.

I would say a congressperson is better than an Ombudsmen.

Rene
I completely agree with this. I also have personal experience of all of this too.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Okay, well I contacted the Ombudsmen last week who got back to me this week saying that my case was within normal processing times as posted on the website(website says they're currently processing cases from Nov 2017..mine is Dec 2017). Even though it's over the 90 days, so I guess that was a bust.

Thankfully I listened to you guys and also contacted my senator - Elizabeth Warren. Her office have had a poke around and tell me that my case is currently with the NBC (National Benefits Center) for processing. Apparently they expect to hear back within 30 days or so. Ugh. I mean, I'm thankful they're looking into it for me - but these govt departments sure do love giving out 30 day deadlines :P

I'm hoping that either their involvement will move things along before then, or my case will just come around naturally...anyone have any guesses as to how long they reckon it might take from now on?
Old Apr 11th 2018, 3:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They did away with the 90 days a long time ago.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
They did away with the 90 days a long time ago.
☹️ Officially though? All the agents I've spoken to on the phone seem to think the limit is somewhere between 75 and 90 days and have opened service requests based on that. Granted, nothing has happened... But still
Old Apr 11th 2018, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

☹️ Officially though? All the agents I've spoken to on the phone seem to think the limit is somewhere between 75 and 90 days and have opened service requests based on that. Granted, nothing has happened... But still
Yes, officially, which is why I keep repeating it in all the EAD threads. Dug out the news article again: https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-publishes-final-rule-certain-employment-based-immigrant-and-nonimmigrant-visa-programs.

Eliminate the regulatory provision that requires USCIS to adjudicate the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, within 90 days of filing and that authorizes interim EADs in cases where such adjudications are not conducted within the 90-day timeframe.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Yes, officially, which is why I keep repeating it in all the EAD threads. Dug out the news article again: https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-publishes-final-rule-certain-employment-based-immigrant-and-nonimmigrant-visa-programs.

Yeah...
modernize and improve
I don't think those words mean what USCIS think they mean...
Old Apr 11th 2018, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

I'm talking to someone at the moment who is recommending waiting a couple of years after my GC is granted before visiting the UK again. Otherwise, USCIS might call into question the legitimacy of my marriage and GC etc. and may revoke my GC. This is the first time I've heard of this - has anyone else heard of this before?
Old Apr 12th 2018, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm talking to someone at the moment who is recommending waiting a couple of years after my GC is granted before visiting the UK again. Otherwise, USCIS might call into question the legitimacy of my marriage and GC etc. and may revoke my GC. This is the first time I've heard of this - has anyone else heard of this before?
What total and utter crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.