after biometrics how long can i expect it to take to get the approved ead
im wanting to start looking for a job, but i have to have an idea when i
will be able to start working, else its not fair on my new employer

the nscs just says 30 to 90 days

thanks
brian

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ead please help

keep calling the 1-800 number every day, you will get an earlier appt, just like I did. You will not get your EAD until they process your biometrics.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:24 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brian Kingwill
hi all
i am confused
i am married to a usc
my ead i-765 was recieved on july 17 05
i recieved a notice dated july 21 05
they said i have to go for biometrics
problem is the earliest date i could get was sept 23 05, charleston, sc for
the biometrics

my question is this
does this have to de done before they will process my ead
im going crazy not being able to work
would they be processing the ead seperatly from the biometrics
after biometrics how long can i expect it to take to get the approved ead
im wanting to start looking for a job, but i have to have an idea when i
will be able to start working, else its not fair on my new employer

the nscs just says 30 to 90 days

thanks
brian
Some people have walked in and got theres done, some were turned away, maybe worth a try if its close. The above advice is probably better though.

Just as a tip make sure if your waiting for AOS they take your EAD and AOS fingerprints at the same time.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyMO
keep calling the 1-800 number every day, you will get an earlier appt, just like I did. You will not get your EAD until they process your biometrics.
Ditto what Lucy said. Keep calling to try for an earlier appointment. Your EAD will NOT be processed until you complete your biometrics. Actually, Sept. 23 is only a few weeks away, it's not that bad...that seems to be the norm for some places. Or, tell the operator where you live, perhaps there is another biometrics location near you that has an earlier date. It seems to take a couple of weeks after biometrics to get the EAD card in the mail.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

pj2cents is an unknown quantity at this point

I went through the same craziness waiting for my husband's ead - it came in the mail about 2 1/2 months after he went for fingerprinting. So he was here for a whole 6 months not working and ended up meeting probably all of the other unemployed people in the neighborhood who liked drinking lots of Budweiser. This was not good. Patience - try volunteer work.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about

Try and call for an appointment at say 5.00pm and after that way you might be able to grab an appointment for the following day that somebody else has cancelled good luck.