EAD on a K-3

Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough
Default EAD on a K-3

Hi,

Got my K-3, next step is going to be applying for the EAD which I will do next week when I'm in the USA for Christmas.

Does anyone know whether the biometrics appointment will be on a fixed date or whether it will just tell me to go round to the appropriate service centre at my convenience?

I have to return to Britain after Christmas to complete my contract at work before I can move permanently, and wondered if I can get a flight ticket now for the end of Jan for the appointment, or whether I need to wait for the appointment to come through before I book the flight?

Many thanks

Dave
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:35 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD on a K-3

Originally posted by davewilliams
Hi,

Got my K-3, next step is going to be applying for the EAD which I will do next week when I'm in the USA for Christmas.

Does anyone know whether the biometrics appointment will be on a fixed date or whether it will just tell me to go round to the appropriate service centre at my convenience?

I have to return to Britain after Christmas to complete my contract at work before I can move permanently, and wondered if I can get a flight ticket now for the end of Jan for the appointment, or whether I need to wait for the appointment to come through before I book the flight?

Many thanks

Dave

Dave,

The EAD NOA arrives with the phone number on it to call and schedule your EAD biometric. For most people that has been within a week or so of the NOA being posted online. The fly in the ointment is not knowing when your local office or the affiliate office has in the way of appointments-they might have something like the next day or it might be in a few weeks etc. So might make it a little tricky to plan. However without the bilometric they can't finish processing your EAD.
They are currently posting a date of April 2003 for the EADs as opposed to the previous posting last month of Sept 2003. You can see in my signature with our NOA of October that they haven't gotten there yet. We've already passed the 60 day mark, so they are not as fast as they were this summer, .
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:37 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD on a K-3

Originally posted by cindyabs
Dave,

The EAD NOA arrives with the phone number on it to call and schedule your EAD biometric. For most people that has been within a week or so of the NOA being posted online. The fly in the ointment is not knowing when your local office or the affiliate office has in the way of appointments-they might have something like the next day or it might be in a few weeks etc. So might make it a little tricky to plan. However without the bilometric they can't finish processing your EAD.
They are currently posting a date of April 2003 for the EADs as opposed to the previous posting last month of Sept 2003. You can see in my signature with our NOA of October that they haven't gotten there yet. We've already passed the 60 day mark, so they are not as fast as they were this summer, .

PS Speaking as a travel agent if you book the flight now without all the details attended to, it might be costly !! Unless you are buying a full fare economy ticket there will be penalties involved if you have to change dates.