Reload this Page >

EAD/I-485 App via San Antonio

EAD/I-485 App via San Antonio

Old Apr 15th 2003, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

JennyPenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD/I-485 App via San Antonio

Hi,
I entered with a K3 visa and filed for my I-485 through San Antonio in mid Feb. I know they received it because we sent it with delivery confirmation but we haven't heard anything at all about it so I'm wondering if this is a usual timeline or if it has gotten misplaced. It's been about 8 weeks now so I'm not at the 90 days yet. There aren't any phone numbers except the national one to call and I don't even have a case number (that I know of). Just looking for some advice or other timelines to see if this is normal or if I should be concerned. Thanks.

Jennypenny
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD/I-485 App via San Antonio

Originally posted by JennyPenny
Hi,
I entered with a K3 visa and filed for my I-485 through San Antonio in mid Feb. I know they received it because we sent it with delivery confirmation but we haven't heard anything at all about it so I'm wondering if this is a usual timeline or if it has gotten misplaced. It's been about 8 weeks now so I'm not at the 90 days yet. There aren't any phone numbers except the national one to call and I don't even have a case number (that I know of). Just looking for some advice or other timelines to see if this is normal or if I should be concerned. Thanks.

Jennypenny
Jennypenny,
You applied for both through SAT (EAD and AOS)? Which is more crucial for you to get? Filing EAD for K3ers through Chicago seems to be pretty speedy right now and then of course you go on your merry way and file AOS through your local (San Anotnio) office. However this seems to be a case of shutting the barn door after the mare got out.
I found this doing a search online. Is this where you sent your stuff?

San Antonio District Office
U.S. Federal Bldg. 8940 Four Winds Drive San Antonio, TX 78239
8:OOA - 4:OOP (Mon - Fri)
District Director: Daniel Solis
Phone: 210-967-7109
Fax: 210-967-70102
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

That is the San Antonio address that we applied to. We filed the I-765 based on the pending I-485 because that's supposed to be approved within 90 days (I'm aware that doesn't always happen). I didn't see any reason to apply through the MSC (what the Chicago address is actually for) if we could do it along with the I-485. My problem is that it's been almost 8 weeks and I haven't heard anything about either application. Since I haven't received a receipt I don't even have a case number. We're still within the 90 days so this could be normal for all I know.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 9:12 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JennyPenny
That is the San Antonio address that we applied to. We filed the I-765 based on the pending I-485 because that's supposed to be approved within 90 days (I'm aware that doesn't always happen). I didn't see any reason to apply through the MSC (what the Chicago address is actually for) if we could do it along with the I-485. My problem is that it's been almost 8 weeks and I haven't heard anything about either application. Since I haven't received a receipt I don't even have a case number. We're still within the 90 days so this could be normal for all I know.
I just saw in another thread yesterday that from time of NOA to approval a K3 poster through Chicago got her approval online in 44 days. That's the second one I had seen that was in two months or less, and both were through Chicago rather than the local office. I'm keeping up on this since it is a step I'll be taking (hopefully) in the next two months.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 9:14 pm
Sursum corda

PS In any event you now have phone and fax number to contact San Antonio.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,
When we applied I didn't realize that the wait time for MSC would only be about 44 days. I still wish I could hear something to rule out my I-485 being misplaced, etc.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 1:04 pm
Targaff

JennyPenny wrote in news:738549.1050423981
@britishexpats.com:

> I entered with a K3 visa and filed for my I-485 through San Antonio in
    > mid Feb. I know they received it because we sent it with delivery
    > confirmation but we haven't heard anything at all about it so I'm
    > wondering if this is a usual timeline or if it has gotten misplaced.

Hi Jenny,

Two things: first, could you post an update to the NG when you do hear
something? I'm going through San Antonio too, and like you have so far only
got the postal delivery confirmation (we're a bit behind you, though, mid-
March, I'm just trying to get an idea of the timeline).

Secondly: is Jenny Penny your full name or just a nickname? I ask because
mine is Graham Penny, it'd be pretty funny if we were both here at the same
time ;p

--

Targaff

Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Hey Targaff
Jennypenny is just a nickname, but you're right, it would be a funny coincidence. I will post when we hear something for the benefit of others on the NG. It's relieving to hear that other people also haven't heard anything within this time period. You start to get that "where is my paperwork?" worry after not hearing anything.
There was a timeline posted a couple weeks ago where they received the conformation in the 6th or 7th week after applying. It was the receipt for the application and the notice for their appointment to pick up the EAD. They had the authorization by the 8th week, so I'm hoping that we'll hear something soon. I posted since we're past those times and we were starting to get nervous. Good luck with your application.

Jennypenny
Old Apr 17th 2003, 4:15 am
Targaff

JennyPenny wrote in news:740030.1050509643
@britishexpats.com:

>Good luck with your application.

Thanks, you too

--

Targaff

Old Apr 19th 2003, 7:15 pm
Targaff

JennyPenny wrote in news:738549.1050423981
@britishexpats.com:

And just like that, an update. We got a letter of acknowledgement from San
Antonio this morning giving (a) a receipt and (b) a date to appear for EAD
on May 1, 2003. That means our (K1) processing timeline thus far has been:

March 22, 2003: I485/EAD application sent (confirmed received 24/3)
April 19, 2003: Confirmation letter (dated 19/4) received

The downside of this is the note saying that current processing time for
this type of application is 12 months. That sucks, I'm not going to be in
the country by then. I'm hoping this is just a standard reply and that I
won't have to get an AP... :/

Jenny: not sure, but I wonder if ours was processed faster as a K1 than a
K3? Perhaps that explains why you haven't heard anything yet.. :/ All the
best, whatever the reason.

I'll post more info as it happens, of course.

--

Targaff