Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD - How & Where to Apply?

EAD - How & Where to Apply?

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 9:43 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD - How & Where to Apply?

Ok folks I know Ive read up on this a thousand times but it seems like my head is still up in the clouds
Where do we apply for EAD & how do we go about it? We have been enjoying our time together but realise we have to get back to reality & get things moving again.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Shepslady
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi shepslady,
As a K3 you apply for EAD at MSC, via a po box in Chicago. If you check out the I-765 instructions, they are pretty explicit in explaining what K3s need to do to apply for the EAD. You cannot file electronically as a K3, I believe.
As for when you should file, after having been a part of the MSC EAD rollcall thread, I suggest this: ASAP!!!
(check out that thread for timelines)
Old Jun 26th 2003, 4:40 am
Jerry

Default Re: EAD - How & Where to Apply?

Hello.
I am in the same situation. Do you need to file the I-485 at your local INS
office before you send the EAD to Chicago? or not?

"lucymoody" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi shepslady,
    > As a K3 you apply for EAD at MSC, via a po box in Chicago. If you check
    > out the I-765 instructions, they are pretty explicit in explaining what
    > K3s need to do to apply for the EAD. You cannot file electronically as
    > a K3, I believe.
    > As for when you should file, after having been a part of the MSC EAD
    > rollcall thread, I suggest this: ASAP!!!
    > (check out that thread for timelines)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:38 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD - How & Where to Apply?

Originally posted by Jerry
Hello.
I am in the same situation. Do you need to file the I-485 at your local INS
office before you send the EAD to Chicago? or not?

"lucymoody" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi shepslady,
    > As a K3 you apply for EAD at MSC, via a po box in Chicago. If you check
    > out the I-765 instructions, they are pretty explicit in explaining what
    > K3s need to do to apply for the EAD. You cannot file electronically as
    > a K3, I believe.
    > As for when you should file, after having been a part of the MSC EAD
    > rollcall thread, I suggest this: ASAP!!!

You do not have to file for AOS first or even concurrently, also depends on whether your local office allows AOS filing without 130 approval. However BCIS does expect you to file (or try to file) for AOS to show your intent to be here.

PS Shepslady was ondering when you were going to come back to earth,
    > (check out that thread for timelines)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Jun 26th 2003, 12:55 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Cindy things are going so well here I dont think I will ever come back down to earth

Guess the only real adjustment Im having to make is coping with the heat. Coming out of a NZ winter the sudden high temps have knocked me a little even though I love the heat. It is going to take time I guess but right now I seem to have a lot of that on my hands seeing that hubby has gone back to work.

As for the EAD we have filled out the form, made copies of my passport, Visa & I-94 so I guess the next step is to get it mailed of to Chicago along with the fee. When do we look at filing AOS & where we do we go for that?? Our local office in Indianapolis??

Our I-130 has been filed for almost a year now with no sign of it being approved. Have been researching it all but only end up more confused. Everything we read seems to contradict each other so really dont know where to go from here!

Hope you & yours are well & happy

Regards
Cindy