EAD Boston Question

Old Jun 14th 2004, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

GarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really nice
Default EAD Boston Question

I've read as many posts as I can find about recent EAD experiences but can't seem to find anything that answers my question, so apologies in advance if this is repetitive.

I only discovered last week the change in EAD procedures through Boston for those in AOS (I-485). I filed my renewal request today, about 60 days before the expiration of my current EAD.

If it is getting close to the expiration date and I have heard nothing, what can I do? I have been lucky enough to get a decent job and having to leave that job would be an absolute mess, not to mention the fact that I'd have to start from scratch afterwards. I know that for some visa extensions, evidence that you have filed for an extension buys you some time, but is the same true of an EAD?

I'm still waiting for the security clearance, of course: ten months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, since I'm not exactly relaxed right now.

Gareth
Old Jun 14th 2004, 4:52 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Boston Question

Originally posted by GarethMc
I've read as many posts as I can find about recent EAD experiences but can't seem to find anything that answers my question, so apologies in advance if this is repetitive.

I only discovered last week the change in EAD procedures through Boston for those in AOS (I-485). I filed my renewal request today, about 60 days before the expiration of my current EAD.

If it is getting close to the expiration date and I have heard nothing, what can I do? I have been lucky enough to get a decent job and having to leave that job would be an absolute mess, not to mention the fact that I'd have to start from scratch afterwards. I know that for some visa extensions, evidence that you have filed for an extension buys you some time, but is the same true of an EAD?

I'm still waiting for the security clearance, of course: ten months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, since I'm not exactly relaxed right now.

Gareth

Many local offices are forwarding the EAD/AOS applications to MSC/NBC. Do you happen to know if Boston is doing the same?
If they forwarded to MSC/NBC.. expect a delay, sorry!!
Good Luck!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Many local offices are forwarding the EAD/AOS applications to MSC/NBC. Do you happen to know if Boston is doing the same?
If they forwarded to MSC/NBC.. expect a delay, sorry!!
Good Luck!
Yes they do get mailed to MSC/NBC unfortunately. I sent off my EAD/AP & AOS and are now sitting somewhere in the ethers of MSC/NBC. My forms were sent to Boston originally.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:25 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Yes they do get mailed to MSC/NBC unfortunately. I sent off my EAD/AP & AOS and are now sitting somewhere in the ethers of MSC/NBC. My forms were sent to Boston originally.
There is your answer Gareth!
My EAD application was sent to MSC/NBC too.. so
Old Jun 14th 2004, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

GarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really niceGarethMc is just really nice

Thanks for the answers above. Since I already have an EAD, does anyone have experience with the renewal, especially where you might already be working. Obviously, having to quit a job because the EAD is taking months is pretty serious, and I want to avoid. If the current EAD is about to expire, does anyone have experience with the Boston office issuing an interim EAD to cover the period in between?
Old Jun 14th 2004, 9:49 pm

Thanks for the answers above. Since I already have an EAD, does anyone have experience with the renewal, especially where you might already be working. Obviously, having to quit a job because the EAD is taking months is pretty serious, and I want to avoid. If the current EAD is about to expire, does anyone have experience with the Boston office issuing an interim EAD to cover the period in between?
As far as I know the renewal receives the very same treatment than new filers, sorry.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 1:09 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like someone here said that as long as you have applied to renew your EAD you're covered.