EAD-AP wait

Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD-AP wait

Hey all!

Just an update on my EAD combo card wait time. I hit triple figures today! I knew it was coming so I'm not too upset with the wait yet (I am, thats a lie)
Couple people I know in the same boat as me have just got theirs at 114 days.. so lets hope! To anyone wanting to go through the k-1 process, do it as a last resort. I worked 50+ hour weeks for a long time and to not do that at the moment is driving me insane! Thank god I'm pursuing my Masters Degree, otherwise I'd be sat at home twiddling my fingers and repeatedly hitting my head off the wall

Josh
Old Nov 9th 2018, 3:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD-AP wait

114 days would be unusually quick.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
Hey all!

Just an update on my EAD combo card wait time. I hit triple figures today! I knew it was coming so I'm not too upset with the wait yet (I am, thats a lie)
Couple people I know in the same boat as me have just got theirs at 114 days.. so lets hope! To anyone wanting to go through the k-1 process, do it as a last resort. I worked 50+ hour weeks for a long time and to not do that at the moment is driving me insane! Thank god I'm pursuing my Masters Degree, otherwise I'd be sat at home twiddling my fingers and repeatedly hitting my head off the wall

Josh
I hope it speeds up for you!

I went the CR-1 route, and still learned the hard way that not having any job/personal focus when you move to a new country can be quite mentally challenging. My SSN took two months to arrive, which is longer than average and made me an utter bore, but that's nothing compared to your wait. I've since had a couple of gaps between jobs due to health issues and am now finally waiting to start back with my previous employer, but they pushed my start-date back by a fortnight and am I doing anything productive with my time in between? Am I balls. I'm glad you have your Masters!

Good luck!
Old Nov 9th 2018, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took 6.5 months - so hopefully you're luckier than others! (December '17 - June 18)
Old Nov 9th 2018, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed for you! I'm also at 115 days and counting... I'm not holding my breath to get my EAD or AP by the end of the year. If I do, it will be a nice surprise! NBC are currently only accepting case enquiries from end of May, so I have another month and a half until I can officially follow up. It would be lovely to have my AP in time to organise a trip home for Christmas, but I'm preparing myself that it's unlikely to happen. It's crazy that until not long ago, these had to be processed within 90 days, but what can you do? I'm still liaising with a potential employer for an expedite though the current political climate apparently gives their HR team pause. I resolve myself to these issues and focus on knowing that soon I'll be back at work, likely under high stress again (I also used to have to work ridiculously long hours far too frequently) so I'm trying to make the most of looking after myself mentally and physically for the time being. The days really do fly by and I haven't found myself bored yet, although I am a homebody anyway!
Old Nov 10th 2018, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Danpatta is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats me on 120 days today, from ‘case received’. The wait is a killer, but hopefully have it before the new year!!!
Old Nov 12th 2018, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danpatta
Thats me on 120 days today, from ‘case received’. The wait is a killer, but hopefully have it before the new year!!!
Damn, look like we are all in the same boat here! I try to keep myself busy too, I do sit there sometimes and have a break down when I see nothing happening on my case. But as CaptainAmerica said, what can you do? I'm not hoping to get mine before Christmas either, my birthday is in a couple of weeks.. Would be a nice present to have haha! I was actually told at an infopass that I'd more than likely receive an interview appointment letter before my work permit as I was scheduled for December. They are supposed to send a letter a month before but I've read cases online where people have got a letter 2 weeks before Glad I'm not the only one in this stage of the process lol. Let me know if any of you have an update!

Josh
Old Nov 15th 2018, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Danpatta is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after a long 125 days, my EAD and AP was approved today! Thought I’d let you guys know so you have a bit hope that it will be with you soon!
Old Nov 16th 2018, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danpatta
Well after a long 125 days, my EAD and AP was approved today! Thought I’d let you guys know so you have a bit hope that it will be with you soon!
thats great news for you! The feeling of getting that notification is magic lol. Hopefully mine comes soon! Couple weeks maybe!
Old Nov 16th 2018, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

As if by magic, I also received my EAD and AP approval yesterday after 121 days! I randomly decided to check my case status online yesterday... And there I spotted my EAD and AP had been approved that same day! I hadn't received any notification at all yesterday (and still haven't) via text or email. Regardless, I'm glad to have spotted it so coincidentally! So now I anticipate receiving my card(s) at some point in the next two weeks, with the expectation that Thanksgiving will slow down the processing and delivery. Fingers crossed for you @JuniorJ194 that yours arrives soon.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

That’s great new for you! I’ll be checking mine more closely considering you didn’t even get a notification. I’m at the NBC and I know they are the slowest but hopefully it’s another couple of weeks for me.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
That’s great new for you! I’ll be checking mine more closely considering you didn’t even get a notification. I’m at the NBC and I know they are the slowest but hopefully it’s another couple of weeks for me.
I was at NBC too, so hopefully that means yours won't be too far away at this rate.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 3:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

All I-765s and I-131s are processed at NBC. It's the I-485 that gets processed elsewhere.

Rene
Old Nov 18th 2018, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
All I-765s and I-131s are processed at NBC. It's the I-485 that gets processed elsewhere.

Rene
Oooooh I didn’t know that! Thanks Rene!
Old Nov 18th 2018, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
I was at NBC too, so hopefully that means yours won't be too far away at this rate.
Do you know what date they received your case on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.