Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD&AP Card being produced finally!

EAD&AP Card being produced finally!

Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD&AP Card being produced finally!

Hi everyone. Got the good ol’ notification this morning that my combo card is being produced finally! 141 days it took, I was pulling my hair out yesterday and it seems like someone “up there” is looking after me!
The wait was 10x harder than the wait for I-129f.. maybe it was because I could work. But I’m just happy it’s coming to an end for this stage.

Thanks!

Josh
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD&AP Card being produced finally!

Congratulations. Nice Christmas pressie from the USCIS.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Dec 19th 2018, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! It is great news. I was planning on traveling home at some point over the Christmas period but I don’t know if that will happen as my card may not be here in time. But we will see I guess!
Old Dec 19th 2018, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Sign up for USPS informed delivery and it should show a tracking number when it has been shipped.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Congratulations. Sign up for USPS informed delivery and it should show a tracking number when it has been shipped.

Hi Tom, because we live in an apartmenT, USPS don’t recognize our address for some reason. I rang today to and I’m going to see if I can just try and intercept it in the way to me and pick it up at the post office.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194

Hi Tom, because we live in an apartmenT, USPS don’t recognize our address for some reason. I rang today to and I’m going to see if I can just try and intercept it in the way to me and pick it up at the post office.
Have you checked your case status online? If your case has been updated online, it should also display your tracking number (EAD/AP combo cards are now sent out certified mail, so they are trackable). Mine came with a trackable number, which in most cases would help the accuracy of delivery. However, I'm in a whole other nightmare with my card that I can't even get into at the moment as it's too painful to talk about. Short story is, it got sent back to USCIS through sheer bad luck, and I have been in a living hell for the past four weeks because of it. Neither USCIS or USPS will take responsibility for the other. For your sake, I hope that you can track this document and get access to it - and that it doesn't get sent back to USCIS. USPS were of little to no help to me at all as I was desperately trying to get access to my card, and will claim a card is 'delivered' when it actually hasn't been (and instead is sitting in a processing depot somewhere). If you can't see a tracking number at all, your best bet may be to visit your local post office and actually speak to someone in person, as the central call centre were absolutely useless in my situation. They only way I could find out anything was actually talking to staff in person.

Fingers crossed your card shows up with no issues by Friday!

Last edited by CaptainAmerica; Dec 19th 2018 at 11:07 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
Have you checked your case status online? If your case has been updated online, it should also display your tracking number (EAD/AP combo cards are now sent out certified mail, so they are trackable). Mine came with a trackable number, which in most cases would help the accuracy of delivery. However, I'm in a whole other nightmare with my card that I can't even get into at the moment as it's too painful to talk about. Short story is, it got sent back to USCIS through sheer bad luck, and I have been in a living hell for the past four weeks because of it. Neither USCIS or USPS will take responsibility for the other. For your sake, I hope that you can track this document and get access to it - and that it doesn't get sent back to USCIS. USPS were of little to no help to me at all as I was desperately trying to get access to my card, and will claim a card is 'delivered' when it actually hasn't been (and instead is sitting in a processing depot somewhere). If you can't see a tracking number at all, your best bet may be to visit your local post office and actually speak to someone in person, as the central call centre were absolutely useless in my situation. They only way I could find out anything was actually talking to staff in person.

Fingers crossed your card shows up with no issues by Friday!
Damn. I’m sorry to hear that. I know I’d be feeling all kinds of upset after waiting for so long for one. I got a notification to say my card is being printed but when I rang USCIS they said that when it goes to the mailing room, it will be assigned a tracking number then. I had help from my local congress office through the last couple of months and I was talking to them today and the guy said he would keep me updated with it. Im hoping to receive it a little after Christmas, maybe before. If I’m assigned a tracking number by Friday I’m going to ring USPS and tell them I can pick it up from a depot. I only live 3 hours away from the NBC.. I told them on the phone today that I’d jump in the car and drive there if it means I can visit home over the holidays lol!

I hope you get your card sorted soon, that
is sheer bad luck!
Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194

Damn. I’m sorry to hear that. I know I’d be feeling all kinds of upset after waiting for so long for one. I got a notification to say my card is being printed but when I rang USCIS they said that when it goes to the mailing room, it will be assigned a tracking number then. I had help from my local congress office through the last couple of months and I was talking to them today and the guy said he would keep me updated with it. Im hoping to receive it a little after Christmas, maybe before. If I’m assigned a tracking number by Friday I’m going to ring USPS and tell them I can pick it up from a depot. I only live 3 hours away from the NBC.. I told them on the phone today that I’d jump in the car and drive there if it means I can visit home over the holidays lol!

I hope you get your card sorted soon, that
is sheer bad luck!
Aha! That's good to hear that USCIS could actually give you some specific information on the phone. So hopefully you'll have a tracking number tomorrow. All being well - and presuming that it may have even been sent out today - you could receive it on Friday or Saturday. Well done for getting your Congressperson's office involved too. I've had to resort to that as well, but that's a story for another day. How frustrating for you that you're technically so 'close' to NBC but that doesn't make a shred of difference. I would've happily travelled from California to Missouri to collect mine, just to actually have it in my hand!

I wish you all the best, and hope that this timing of this works out well for you to be able to travel home ASAP.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
Aha! That's good to hear that USCIS could actually give you some specific information on the phone. So hopefully you'll have a tracking number tomorrow. All being well - and presuming that it may have even been sent out today - you could receive it on Friday or Saturday. Well done for getting your Congressperson's office involved too. I've had to resort to that as well, but that's a story for another day. How frustrating for you that you're technically so 'close' to NBC but that doesn't make a shred of difference. I would've happily travelled from California to Missouri to collect mine, just to actually have it in my hand!

I wish you all the best, and hope that this timing of this works out well for you to be able to travel home ASAP.
I generally have more joy with them at an infopass because it’s face to face. But my congressman’s office have their own number to ring and inquire on.. that helped a lot. Bypassed the useless people at the customer care center. All they do is read off a screen literally what you can read at home!