Ead

Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ead

This past Wednesday, my fiance' and I entered the U.S. at Philadelphia. It was a flight and day from HELL! When she went through to get processed, she unwittingly refused the EAD, and now we can't go ahead with an SS number. What should we do to get and EAD at this point?
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ead

Originally posted by 156thSt.
This past Wednesday, my fiance' and I entered the U.S. at Philadelphia. It was a flight and day from HELL! When she went through to get processed, she unwittingly refused the EAD, and now we can't go ahead with an SS number. What should we do to get and EAD at this point?
Assuming she came into the US with a K1 visa, she is entitled to a SSN, regardless of having an EAD stamp. Print out a copy of the memo found here and take it with you to the local SSA office where she will apply for it: http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203500

Good luck!
Jamie
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to know that Philadelphia is handing out temp EAD's (at least sometimes!)

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting about your fiancee refusing the EAD. Sadly, there are only a handful of reports about Philly on the POE Rolling List web pages, the most recent being Oct 2002. But all of the reports say that Philly does not give an EAD.

Fortunately for your fiancee, a K1 does not need an EAD to get a SS # as long as she applies before her 76th day in the US. (Best to apply before marriage.)

Regards, JEff

Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jeffreyhy

Interesting about your fiancee refusing the EAD. Sadly, there are only a handful of reports about Philly on the POE Rolling List web pages, the most recent being Oct 2002. But all of the reports say that Philly does not give an EAD.

Fortunately for your fiancee, a K1 does not need an EAD to get a SS # as long as she applies before her 76th day in the US. (Best to apply before marriage.)

Regards, JEff
I have printed out that report as per your suggestion. Thank you all for your constructive comments. When she was aksed if she would work within the next 90 days she replied no. That's why it wasn't issued. We had just completed a harrowing trip from Scotland including a delayed and pretty nasty flight from London. This final trip from Scotland as well as the entire ordeal is etched in our minds forever. In the end, she is here and we are to be wed a week from today. Sigh.