Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

E-filing, anyone done it for a I-765? Pro's/Cons'?

E-filing, anyone done it for a I-765? Pro's/Cons'?

Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:52 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default E-filing, anyone done it for a I-765? Pro's/Cons'?

Hmmmmmm i'm really interest in the e-filing options for the I-765, it looks like a quick, fast and efficient option.

I'm thinking of filing this first, the only thing is, on the online I-765 form it asks what the status of your I-485 is, so im wondering whether this needs to be filed first? Or can you e-file the I-765 and then post in the I-485?

I would love to know if anyone has e-filed this as a K1, and if the application has been approved any quicker? What are the Pro's and Con's?

Thanks in advance

James
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-filing, anyone done it for a I-765? Pro's/Cons'?

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hmmmmmm i'm really interest in the e-filing options for the I-765, it looks like a quick, fast and efficient option.

I'm thinking of filing this first, the only thing is, on the online I-765 form it asks what the status of your I-485 is, so im wondering whether this needs to be filed first? Or can you e-file the I-765 and then post in the I-485?

I would love to know if anyone has e-filed this as a K1, and if the application has been approved any quicker? What are the Pro's and Con's?

Thanks in advance

James
I don't know why I'm thinking this....but it seems to me that the e-filing is only for EAD renewals. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You do need to submit the AOS either first, or along with, the I-765. If they receive the I-765 application and there's no I-485 in the system, they'll reject it.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:03 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Noorah101
I don't know why I'm thinking this....but it seems to me that the e-filing is only for EAD renewals. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You do need to submit the AOS either first, or along with, the I-765. If they receive the I-765 application and there's no I-485 in the system, they'll reject it.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene, I just registered n the system for a look. The thing is they have the same options as the paper form:

I am applying for: X Permission to accept employment
X Replacement
X Renewal

The reason why i'm anxious is before my Temp EAD runs out Sept 10, and I would love to have work authorization before then, or soon after. These may be pipe dreams, but I was just wondering whether anyone else had filed this way.

James
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101

Best Wishes,
Rene
James, you do have to file the I-485 before you can file for the I-765. And I agree with Rene. I think somewhere along the way I read that e-filing is only for renewals at this time.

Sorry to burst your dreams there. And given that every local office that I've read about sends off the I-765 to the NBC, I think it unlikely that you'll get your EAD by Sept. 10. But to get an idea of what the waiting time could be, check out the processing date posted by your local office.

Good luck!
Jamie

~Day 42 for the EAD
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:26 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
James, you do have to file the I-485 before you can file for the I-765. And I agree with Rene. I think somewhere along the way I read that e-filing is only for renewals at this time.

Sorry to burst your dreams there. And given that every local office that I've read about sends off the I-765 to the NBC, I think it unlikely that you'll get your EAD by Sept. 10. But to get an idea of what the waiting time could be, check out the processing date posted by your local office.

Good luck!
Jamie

~Day 42 for the EAD
e-filing is not only for renewals. you can e-file for your first ead as long as you 1-485 has been filed. i didn' find e-filing any quicker than mailing in the application.