Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

dx secure at us embassy urgent advice

dx secure at us embassy urgent advice

Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

ukbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dx secure at us embassy urgent advice

Hi folks , well my k1got approved yesterday at my k1 interview ...woo hooo .but .. i filled out the dx secure courier form for my passport to be deliverd to my home adress and after i came out of the embassy i noticed on the recipt form they had put house number 4 NOT 14 which i had filled in on my pink slip.

the house is only 3-4 doors down from my house my only worry is they will try and delivery to No 4 not 14 and will have more delays. i have tried to contact dx secure with totaly no joy at all, its all automated and my tracking number wont work till they recive my passport from embassy which i fear will be to late to change the house number by then . any ideas on how i can get this changed ?????? .or a number i can speak to a real person??

the rest of my adress is correct just need to change the house number .

many thanks yet again
Ben
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:50 am
In Anticipation

BibbyBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dx secure at us embassy urgent advice

I've just tried to call them to confirm that they even got my passport and certificate DELIVERED to the Embassy for me last week but realised that it's all automated however; if you click on the "Contact Us" tab along the top bar, this brings you to their list of phone numbers, which as you state, are all automated but under the first box with Customer Service number, there is a clickable link that will take you to a contact email form http://www.thedx.co.uk/contactus/cus...ecureservices/

Fill this in and hope that they respond to the email message - I have just done this 20 minutes ago, so not sure on their response times yet.

I hope this helps

PS.... congratulations on getting your Visa

Chrissy x
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Either keep phoning them, email them, see if there's any info on their website, phone the US Embassy and see if you can be put through to the courier desk, or if all else fails, go down to no.4 and mention to them that if they get anything for you, to send them up the road.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

thanks guys for the advice , i rang embassy and they jst gave me the automated phone line for dx secure lol typical.i have emailed them this morning so hopefully they wil get back sooner rather than later .
Tho i did think once they have mypassport i can track when its due for delivery and wait outside No 4 with my i.d and dx letter .

But im goin to speak to the folks at No 4 and sort sumthin out as they only few doors downfrom me .fngers crossed ,i jst didnt want to have to camp out on street waiting for the courier van lol .

thanks again .

Ben
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

MusicMan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emma M
Either keep phoning them, email them, see if there's any info on their website, phone the US Embassy and see if you can be put through to the courier desk, or if all else fails, go down to no.4 and mention to them that if they get anything for you, to send them up the road.
I think they are bound to deliver to the address they are sent to and since they need proof of identity, it would most likely that number 4 contacting you for you to run down and sign for it. (assuming you didnt want to leave your ID with #4)

Keep trying the methods as listed above and I hope you can get through to update it.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

halfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nice

Try calling 01753 657350 - this is a different 'customer services' number from the website. I needed to contact them about my visa delivery and got through to a real person on this number, having got nowhere with the automated system.

They then put me through to the right department and they were really helpful.

Might be too late for today but try again tomorrow. Good luck!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for replys and advice , i sent an email and they have got back to me and said sorry for the mix up and have now got my correct house number lol Phew , now jst the wait for my passport so i can get that plane booked and see my gorgeous gal

thanks again

Ben
Old Aug 30th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukbiker
thanks for replys and advice , i sent an email and they have got back to me and said sorry for the mix up and have now got my correct house number lol Phew , now jst the wait for my passport so i can get that plane booked and see my gorgeous gal

thanks again

Ben
Ah, good stuff Glad it's sorted
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

halfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nice

What a relief! Great news Ben