Wikiposts

DS230 Part II K1 Visa

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about
Default DS230 Part II K1 Visa

How comes in the UK you don't need to fill out Form DS230 Part II.... I completed all the correct forms

DS - 230 - I Part I
DS 156
DS 156K
DS 157

plus DS230 Part II ...

Presume it won't matter ?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS230 Part II K1 Visa

evanio,

DS-230-II is not used for a K visa at any consulate that I know of. It's part of the immigrant visa application form, and you're not applying for an immigrant visa. You use those non-immigrant visa forms that you list.

So why is DS-230-I used? Don't know...

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by evanio1978
How comes in the UK you don't need to fill out Form DS230 Part II.... I completed all the correct forms

DS - 230 - I Part I
DS 156
DS 156K
DS 157

plus DS230 Part II ...

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi evanio,

My fiance who went through Ankara, Turkey, also didn't do the DS-230 Part II....only Part I.

K-1 visas, at least, don't use Part II of that form.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by evanio1978

DS - 230 - I Part I
DS 156
DS 156K
DS 157

plus DS230 Part II ...

Hi:

The "K" visas are considered "hybrid" visas. They are NON-immigrant visas used to come to the U.S. permanently. [There is often a lot of confusion engendered in immigration law, even by immigration officials, by the normal use of the word "immigrant" rather the definition found in the Immigration & Nationality Act. The largest group of "immigrants" in the world are non-US citizens residing outside of the US; this is contrary to the normal defintion of that word].

The DS-230 is part of the application for an "Immigrant Visa" with part II being the actual application. The DS-156 & DS-156K stand in place of the DS-230 part II for a "K" application.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The largest group of "immigrants" in the world are non-US citizens residing outside of the US; this is contrary to the normal defintion of that word
Perhaps because they have not shown, to the satisfaction of the US Government, their non immigrant intent?

Makes perfect sense if you look at it from that perspective!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
The largest group of "immigrants" in the world are non-US citizens residing outside of the US; this is contrary to the normal defintion of that word.
I had to read this over a couple of time... and now I think my brain will explode with that tidbit of knowledge!

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Perhaps because they have not shown, to the satisfaction of the US Government, their non immigrant intent?

Makes perfect sense if you look at it from that perspective!
Hi:

In a way, you happen to be correct. They don't need to show non-immigrant intent because they are already "immigrants" and don't seek to change it.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the detail.

My final question is I presume it won't matter that I filed DS part II along with all the other correct forms ?