DS-261 error

Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:55 pm
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough
Default DS-261 error

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the DS-261. My wife and I are in a bit of a panic because I made an error on the form.

Basically when I signed in as the applicant my name appeared already filled in so I left it. I stupidly ticked the "no" box when it asks if you would like to select an agent. I understood this to be an attorney etc which we are not using so I ticked it as NO. I then put my wife's address in the states as the correspondence address and then submitted and got a confirmation. The summary of the confirmed form shows my name as the applicant, no agent chosen, and my wife's address in the states as the correspondent. The thing we were worried about is I live in the UK and we were worried that it looks like I am saying a reside at my wife's address in the US which is obviously not the case...

When I told my wife about this she got annoyed with me (understandably so), but when she logged on she discovered that she could edit the information. She went it and corrected the mistake and chose herself as the agent then resubmitted. We then received another confirmation with the same ref number as the previous one.

Can we assume that the correction made by my wife has replaced the information I submitted and we are all good?

I'm so disappointed that I have managed to fail on what is probably the easiest part of the process :-(. Lesson learnt, always double, double check.

We will of course be calling NVC to verify on Monday but we are unable to call until then and I am just seeking some assurance or advice so this worry doesn't spoil my weekend.

Massive thanks in advance.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-261 error

Originally Posted by GarethB789
The thing we were worried about is I live in the UK and we were worried that it looks like I am saying a reside at my wife's address in the US which is obviously not the case...
It does not look that way to me.

Can we assume that the correction made by my wife has replaced the information I submitted and we are all good?
That's the way it seems to me.

I don't think it's a big deal.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... we were worried that it looks like I am saying a reside at my wife's address in the US which is obviously not the case...
That's not what it looks like at all.

Yes.

We will of course be calling NVC to verify on Monday....
This would be a complete waste of time. Even if the changes your wife makes are not updated, it won't matter.

Ian
Old Mar 1st 2014, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

jem13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the DS-261. My wife and I are in a bit of a panic because I made an error on the form.

Basically when I signed in as the applicant my name appeared already filled in so I left it. I stupidly ticked the "no" box when it asks if you would like to select an agent. I understood this to be an attorney etc which we are not using so I ticked it as NO. I then put my wife's address in the states as the correspondence address and then submitted and got a confirmation. The summary of the confirmed form shows my name as the applicant, no agent chosen, and my wife's address in the states as the correspondent. The thing we were worried about is I live in the UK and we were worried that it looks like I am saying a reside at my wife's address in the US which is obviously not the case...

When I told my wife about this she got annoyed with me (understandably so), but when she logged on she discovered that she could edit the information. She went it and corrected the mistake and chose herself as the agent then resubmitted. We then received another confirmation with the same ref number as the previous one.

I'm so disappointed that I have managed to fail on what is probably the easiest part of the process :-(. Lesson learnt, always double, double check.

We will of course be calling NVC to verify on Monday but we are unable to call until then and I am just seeking some assurance or advice so this worry doesn't spoil my weekend.

Massive thanks in advance.
Hello, I did exactly same thing like you. Yesterday i submitted my DS-261 and after i submit only i noticed there is mistake in the Agent's name given. So i resubmit it with correct name after 2 hours. Now i am freaking out. Did you face any delay or problem when you resubmit your DS-261? Please reply..

Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 1st 2014, 2:37 pm
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jem13
Hello, I did exactly same thing like you. Yesterday i submitted my DS-261 and after i submit only i noticed there is mistake in the Agent's name given. So i resubmit it with correct name after 2 hours. Now i am freaking out. Did you face any delay or problem when you resubmit your DS-261? Please reply..

Thanks in advance!!
Hey

You don't need to worry at all. We called them after we submitted a 2nd time with the correction and they said that one would replace the original one. It didn't cause any delays whatsoever.
Old Mar 1st 2014, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

jem13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

You don't need to worry at all. We called them after we submitted a 2nd time with the correction and they said that one would replace the original one. It didn't cause any delays whatsoever.
Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it