Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Double checking for interview this Friday....

Double checking for interview this Friday....

Old Nov 16th 2014, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Double checking for interview this Friday....

We have our interview in London this Friday for my husband's USA visa.

He needs USA sized passport photos, and we have that, and we have FOUR of them - just because we got a deal and we got a bunch done.

As his sponsor, do I need a USA sized passport photo too?

I don't think I do, but I'm just double checking.

And, we put on the form that I would be attending the appointment with him, and I have that printed as proof we registered me as attending, but do we need to call to be sure I can go, or anything like that?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2014, 11:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double checking for interview this Friday....

Originally Posted by WriterChick
As his sponsor, do I need a USA sized passport photo too?
No.

... do we need to call to be sure I can go, or anything like that?
No.

Ian
Old Nov 16th 2014, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Ian!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

And, we put on the form that I would be attending the appointment with him, and I have that printed as proof we registered me as attending, but do we need to call to be sure I can go, or anything like that?
Bear in mind that occasionally people (other than the interviewee) fail to get put on to the list that the security people have, and get turned away even if they confirmation that they should be on the list with them. It's not necessary for you to attend the interview though, and sometimes the ConOff will prefer that only the interviewee come up to the interview anyway.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

I know that has happened... and I'm not cool with that happening to us.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:22 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Take your US passport - don't know if that will help, but can't hurt if they try to stop you getting in.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Why? I did my interview sans wife and did not feel that I was at any disadvantage. Probably she'd have just railed against the waiting and bureaucracy of it all...
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:16 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously the whole thing is such an anti-climax, you won't be missing anything! Much better IMO to wait in the starbucks round the corner in the warm
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

I want to go because he sat with me through all my UKBA stuff.

And because it is exciting.

And because he gets nervous.

Mostly i want to go because I love him.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 6:42 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WriterChick, my USC wife is insisting on accompanying me to the interview. Even though I put her details on the readiness form when we submitted, I thought it might help to use the contact form on the Embassy's site to confirm she is on the list. I haven't had confirmation, but it can't hurt.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

OH! OK, do you have a link please. or is it an email?

THANK YOU!!!

When is your appointment?!?!??! I've been obsessively following your posts because I'm right behind you.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 12:06 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

OH! OK, do you have a link please. or is it an email?
I just used the contact form on the Embassy, there's actually an option on the form to add someone to your appointment: U.S. Embassy London Visa Unit - Contact Form | Embassy of the United States

When is your appointment?!?!??! I've been obsessively following your posts because I'm right behind you.
Lol . My appointment is on Wednesday. I'll do a little write-up on the experience ahead of Friday if I can.