Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

double checking documents for K1 interview...

Wikiposts

double checking documents for K1 interview...

Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all
Default double checking documents for K1 interview...

Hi guys..here i am again.....Last Nove 25 i had my medical exam in Knightbridge...so far i havent heard from them...correct me if im wrong..but it means there is no problem or whatsoever with my exam right ...

Now im gathering /completing and trying to make sure i'll bring the right documents for my interview on the 23rd of December....kinda pressure co'z its a day before Christmas eve...anyway...here is my list...

I-134...notarized and filled up by fiance
with: letter from his employer/payslips or earning statements
:2008 W-2 and earnings Summary he send me a 1 page photocopy of this (im not really familiar with this)
my intuition is telling me something is missing on this part

NOA original
Birth Cert
photos
police cert
letter of appointment
letter of intent notarized
evidence of continuing relationship (letters/cards/chat discussions)

kindly help me double check...thanks alot...
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: double checking documents for K1 interview...

Originally Posted by jeimz7
I-134...notarized and filled up by fiance
with: letter from his employer/payslips or earning statements
:2008 W-2 and earnings Summary he send me a 1 page photocopy of this (im not really familiar with this)
my intuition is telling me something is missing on this part
If all he sent you was the W-2, then it sounds like you're missing his entire tax return.

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

From what you posted it does sound like Noorah is right and you're missing the actual tax return.

As for the medical - if you needed more info then they would have asked for it at the time of the medical. You will only hear back from them is something comes up with your bloods.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

For the I-134:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134instr.pdf

Page 1: supporting evidence:

You must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:
A. Statement from the officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details in regards to your account:
1. Date account opened
2.Total amount deposited for the past year, and:
3. Present balance.
Basically any bank account your USC fiance has he needs to get a letter for from the bank with those details in it.

ours said something like "This letter is to confirm Keith ******* has a accoutn with us which was opened on **/**/**** with a total amount of $****** deposited within the last 12 months. Todays present balance of Keiths account is $*****

Regards
********* **********"

We didnt type it up either, we gave the bank a piece of paper listing the details it had to say (because they messed it up the first 2 times) and they did it for us in 5ish days.

If he has more then one account with a bank, the bank needs to list all accounts. If he had more then one bank, he needs a letter from each bank.

hope this helps
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:09 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
For the I-134:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134instr.pdf

Page 1: supporting evidence:

Basically any bank account your USC fiance has he needs to get a letter for from the bank with those details in it.
Not necessarily. Many banks charge for such letters and so the people simply submit a selection of statements to document the account.

Or, if the asset is not important for meeting the public charge requirement (adequate income or insignificant balance), don't bother mentioning bank accounts.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

thanks alot for the replies....

yes, it's the tax return itself thats missing..he just sent it thru post...

as for the bank statement...i'm afraid i shouldn't mentioned it for a simple reason that it isn't that much anyway...

i just hope his present job,with the employment letter and pay slips will be enough though...

i'm not that confident with what i'm bringing but still hoping and praying for a nice Christmas gift from the consul...

wish me luck
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

just read your thread and promted a question from me re the tax return. i have the I-134 and a statement from the US navy stating rank, annual pay and length of service - do i need his tax return too? he's coming at christmas so i can ask him to bring it but how many years will i need? thanks
Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicciT
just read your thread and promted a question from me re the tax return. i have the I-134 and a statement from the US navy stating rank, annual pay and length of service - do i need his tax return too? he's coming at christmas so i can ask him to bring it but how many years will i need? thanks
Answered in your other I-134 thread....but he will need his 3 most recent tax returns.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

im getting to the panic level mode....i dont know if i'll be in trouble or what...
but ideas could be helpful...i maybe annoying but here it is....

My fiance is a cancer survivor and been only working for almost 2 years now,doesnt have much (as in) in his bank statement, but he got work now...so he cant send me the last 3 years tax returns,since there is none...

all i got in support for the I 134 is his employment letter,payslips,1 tax return....so i only got letter "B." from http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134instr.pdf....it says which ever is "appropriate"....ohhhh!!gosh!!!!sorry im trying to lift myself up.....im getting nuts i know....

i didnt know this tax return will haunt me few weeks before my interview...im loosing my confidence for my interview....

i know i may not get a definite answer for this question....but given the following is this enough...

Last edited by jeimz7; Dec 9th 2009 at 5:45 am.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by jeimz7
im getting to the panic level mode....i dont know if i'll be in trouble or what...
but ideas could be helpful...i maybe annoying but here it is....

My fiance is a cancer survivor and been only working for almost 2 years now,doesnt have much (as in) in his bank statement, but he got work now...so he cant send me the last 3 years tax returns,since there is none...

all i got in support for the I 134 is his employment letter,payslips,1 tax return.

i didnt know this tax return will haunt me few weeks before my interview...im loosing my confidence for my interview....

i know i may not get a definite answer for this question....but given the following is this enough...
You might still be OK. Have him write a statement as to why he was not required to file a tax return prior to last year, and have send it to you. A scan would probably be OK at this point.

Don't worry, your visa won't be denied. Worst case scenario, the ConOff asks for further information, evidence, or clarification...and you'll be given a chance to return whatever is asked for.

But if he's currently working and has been working almost two years at the correct level of income, you should be OK.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You might still be OK. Have him write a statement as to why he was not required to file a tax return prior to last year, and have send it to you. A scan would probably be OK at this point.

Don't worry, your visa won't be denied. Worst case scenario, the ConOff asks for further information, evidence, or clarification...and you'll be given a chance to return whatever is asked for.

But if he's currently working and has been working almost two years at the correct level of income, you should be OK.

Rene

thanks sooo much Noorah....i'm having a hard time and need to pick up some calm on my way to dec 23....i hope i'll survive the days before the "big" day...
i'm not being myself ...getting worst
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

all i can say is try not to get yourself any more worked up. Panicking can lead to problems, saying or doing the wrong thing or forgetting things. Try to relax!

Have a searrch for the i-134 in this forum and you can see what other people took.

I took the letter from bank and we only had about $200 in it at the time. 6 months worth of bankstatements, 6 months worth of payslips, letter from employer, last 3 years tax returns (if he doesnt have these get a letter from him explaining why he didnt file ie.didnt make enough to file those years) letter of intent. And evidence like photos, phone bill showing calls to each other, plane itinerarys, hotel receipts etc

It'll be ok take what you can get. Not everyone has the same stuff. If they need something else from you at the interview they'll tell you and give you a slip of paper saying to send in what is missing with that bit of paper.

Stay calm ok!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

How about reading this page?
Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law

If your FI is in the Navy, I imagine he's under a contract & that's pretty steady employment. I don't usually say this, but I wouldn't be too concerned about the financials.

You can also reach the list of required documents for the interview from that link above.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:58 pm

Also, he only needs to meet the 100% figure of income, not the 125% figure, so even better!

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

THANKS THANKS THANKS.....

I was wrong..upon mentioning this to my fiance...he said the same thing...RELAX

I need to correct myself: his been working more than 3 years now...although not enough compared to his present job.

He took time to searched all his boxes for the tax return year 2006 and 2007 plus the W2 each year.

And now i think i am relieved upon telling me an account of $200 balance wont be a real problem.

Guys thank you....I'll let you know what will happen next week....and Happy Holidays to all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.