Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does everybody needs name check for CR1

Does everybody needs name check for CR1

Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

appletree35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does everybody needs name check for CR1

I have a question, does everybody needs a name check, after your interview for CR1? My husband is from Morocco and he has an interview on October 20, and I was wondering if he is going to get his visa the same day, a few days after or he has to have a background check.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does everybody needs name check for CR1

Originally Posted by appletree35
I have a question, does everybody needs a name check, after your interview for CR1? My husband is from Morocco and he has an interview on October 20, and I was wondering if he is going to get his visa the same day, a few days after or he has to have a background check.
Hi appletree,

There is no way of knowing ahead of time, whether further Admin Processing or further security checks will be required, until the time of the interview. Unfortunately, your question is one that no one here can answer. I doubt Casablanca gives the visa the same day anyway, even if he gets approved the same day...best case scenario, he'll get his visa a few days after the interview if he's approved. Worst case scenario, he will need further background/name/FBI/security checks, and will have to wait an undetermined amount of time for those to clear.

Another poster on here (Sanna) has a fiance in Pakistan, who just got approved for the K-1 visa after spending 11 months in limbo after his interview. That's extreme, but chances are good that they will do some kind of Admin Processing on your husband before issuing the visa.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does everybody needs name check for CR1

Originally Posted by appletree35
Everyone gets a name check. It is started prior to the interview and is usually completed before the interview. If it is not completed prior to the interview, the visa will be delayed until such time as the check is completed. It may be a matter of days, or many months.

Ian