Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

does each 3 years tax returns have to show poverty guidelines, or the total of the 3

does each 3 years tax returns have to show poverty guidelines, or the total of the 3

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does each 3 years tax returns have to show poverty guidelines, or the total of the 3

I have a co sponsor and for the years 2000, 2001 he was single and was making the amount required amount to sponsor my fiance and her daughter as a single person. Since then, in 2002 he married a lady with 2 kids. now the question>>> even with the new wife and her 2 children he still earns enough with his AND her income to support himself, wife, 2 kids,my fiance and her daughter. will the consulate take in consideration that the 2000, 2001 returns he was single would have been more than enough to support my fiance and daughter at that time or what?

Last question, i have copies of all of my co-sponsers last 3 years tax returns and W-2. only thing is, he cant find one of the W-2 for his wife as she worked 2 jobs, but even with the W-2 that i do have of hers, it would show enough income with his W-2.., Do i have to have the lost W2 even though what i have from them is enough?
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does each 3 years tax returns have to show poverty guidelines, or the total of the 3

Originally posted by elviswasmydad
Is this for the I-864 or the I-134???

Its for the 1-134. They ask for a co-sponsor at my fiance's interview last week. they said that a co-sponsor would have to show 3 years tax returns. they said when i get the co-sponsor she could go back to the consulate and give the new 134 with co sponsor and get her visa then. I just need the answer about my co-sponsor's tax returns being he was single for 2 of the 3 years he will show tax forms.