Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does anybody approve from MSC? I am a RFE'er.

Does anybody approve from MSC? I am a RFE'er.

Old Apr 15th 2003, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Jongsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anybody approve from MSC? I am a RFE'er.

Hi! all!
I am a K-3 RFE'er.
I've received RFE from MSC and replied back, they received our RFE on Mar 17, 2003.
But even now, our case did not approve from them.
Right now, I really worried about that.
Is it normal???

Thanks,
Jongsoon
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anybody approve from MSC? I am a RFE'er.

Originally posted by Jongsoon
Hi! all!
I am a K-3 RFE'er.
I've received RFE from MSC and replied back, they received our RFE on Mar 17, 2003.
Is it normal???

Thanks,
Jongsoon
You mean that they haven't made a decision yet based on the info you sent back? Shepslady is in the same boat, think she got her RFE notice the week before yours.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:07 pm

sbnw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! all!
I am a K-3 RFE'er.
Is it normal???

Thanks,
Jongsoon
We haven't heard anything either. They still haven't changed my status on the phone line - we are just updated the web page....FRUSTRATING isn't it??? All they wanted from us was another copy of my husbands US passport biographical page. They must have lost the first set because I sent 2 full copies of his entire passport with my application.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

tig2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! all!
I am a K-3 RFE'er.
Is it normal???

Thanks,
Jongsoon

I am also a revice a RFE date 12 Mar and return it to the MSC on the 17 Mar. But have not got any more information out of the MSC...

I130-VSC-1st NOA-22 Nov 02
I129F-MSC-1st NOA 16 Dec 02
MSC RFE-12 Mar 03
MSC RFE return-17 Mar 03

Still waiting

Ed
Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Jongsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, sbnw, they requested us same thing.

Hi, sbnw, they requested us same thing.
We already sent MSC our G-325A both of us, but they want that again
So, we sent them again on Feb 26, 2003

This is our timeline
I-130 1st NOA TSC - Jun 19/02
I-129F 1st NOA MSC - Oct 04//02
I-129F RFE Feb 09/03 Online
I-129F RFE sent to MSC Feb 26/03
I-129F RFE receive, updated online and phone line March 17/03
And still waiting and praying, hopefully soon
Old Apr 16th 2003, 8:51 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Well things were finally looking up for a while with approvals from MSC then the dreaded RFE's started rolling out. Seems no news of any approvals for any of us unlucky enough to have had an RFE but it will happen, it has to happen so keep hanging in there. I know the day we get our approval you will all be able to hear me kicking up my heals all the way from New Zealand. They havent beaten us yet and they are not going too. Im still hanging in here and keep taking it one day at a time because I know that one day I am going to wake up & find an approval.....arent I???? He hehe of course I am, just praying its before my hair turns silver. Oops time to slap myself and start thinking positive again!!
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:43 pm

Originally posted by shepslady
Well things were finally looking up for a while with approvals from MSC then the dreaded RFE's started rolling out. Seems no news of any approvals for any of us unlucky enough to have had an RFE but it will happen, it has to happen so keep hanging in there. I know the day we get our approval you will all be able to hear me kicking up my heals all the way from New Zealand. They havent beaten us yet and they are not going too. Im still hanging in here and keep taking it one day at a time because I know that one day I am going to wake up & find an approval.....arent I???? He hehe of course I am, just praying its before my hair turns silver. Oops time to slap myself and start thinking positive again!!
Cheers
Shepslady
You've got a great attitude!! I'm obsessively checking the website 5 times a day. I called the MSC again yesterday and the message had finally changed - it said that it was taking 30 days to currently process "these kind of cases." I'm going to take that as 30 days to process the RFE. I guess it's better than an additional 90 right? It can't be long now....
Old Apr 17th 2003, 1:21 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

If you anything like me that 30 days is going to seem like 300 days but as far as I am concerned we belong together and they cant keep us apart forever. Our day will come just as yours will too and then what a great time we will have waiting for the day that we rejoin our loved ones and we can be a real family again. I will keep an eager on your cases and look forward to seeing an approval for you all soon.
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Apr 29th 2003, 12:10 pm

Originally posted by shepslady
If you anything like me that 30 days is going to seem like 300 days but as far as I am concerned we belong together and they cant keep us apart forever. Our day will come just as yours will too and then what a great time we will have waiting for the day that we rejoin our loved ones and we can be a real family again. I will keep an eager on your cases and look forward to seeing an approval for you all soon.
Cheers
Shepslady

Just wondering - has anyone heard anything about their RFE?
Old Apr 29th 2003, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

maris is an unknown quantity at this point

rfe notice MARCH 17, 2003
rfe received date MARCH 28, 2003

still waiting for approval from msc
Old Apr 29th 2003, 4:19 pm
nce
Forum Regular

nce is an unknown quantity at this point

We still haven't been approved either, and have had one senator look into our case last week and an additional senator checking this week (I assume anyway).

Call your senators and congressmen!

I faxed our information last Monday and received two letters and a phone call in response already.

Our Timeline:

12/30/02 - Married in Germany
1/6/03 - Mailed I-130
1/8/03 - NOA #1 I-130
1/14/03 - Mailed I-129F (K-3)
1/16/03 - NOA #1 I-129F
3/6/03 - Matthias receives police cert and certified marriage license and birth certificate
3/12/03 - Should have everything ready for interview
3/18/03 - RFE (online) for I-129F
3/20/03 - RFE received in mail (needed translation of marriage license even though it was in ENGLISH!!!)
3/24/03 - RFE documents sent to MSC
3/26/03 - Documents received at MSC
3/31/03 - Online status updated to reflect that they have received our RFE
4/1/03 - Additional document sent to MSC (certified translation of German marriage license - just in case! They really should read the documents we send them, shouldn't they?)
4/10/03 - Online status updated to reflect receipt of new documents
4/21/03 - Faxed Senators and Congressman
4/28/03 - Recieve call from Sen. Kyl's aide and 2 letters from Sen. McCain and Kyl
--------------------------------------
7/5/03 - Our American Wedding Celebration

103 days and counting!
Old Apr 29th 2003, 4:29 pm

Originally posted by nce
We still haven't been approved either, and have had one senator look into our case last week and an additional senator checking this week (I assume anyway).

Call your senators and congressmen!

I faxed our information last Monday and received two letters and a phone call in response already.

Our Timeline:

12/30/02 - Married in Germany
1/6/03 - Mailed I-130
1/8/03 - NOA #1 I-130
1/14/03 - Mailed I-129F (K-3)
1/16/03 - NOA #1 I-129F
3/6/03 - Matthias receives police cert and certified marriage license and birth certificate
3/12/03 - Should have everything ready for interview
3/18/03 - RFE (online) for I-129F
3/20/03 - RFE received in mail (needed translation of marriage license even though it was in ENGLISH!!!)
3/24/03 - RFE documents sent to MSC
3/26/03 - Documents received at MSC
3/31/03 - Online status updated to reflect that they have received our RFE
4/1/03 - Additional document sent to MSC (certified translation of German marriage license - just in case! They really should read the documents we send them, shouldn't they?)
4/10/03 - Online status updated to reflect receipt of new documents
4/21/03 - Faxed Senators and Congressman
4/28/03 - Recieve call from Sen. Kyl's aide and 2 letters from Sen. McCain and Kyl
--------------------------------------
7/5/03 - Our American Wedding Celebration

103 days and counting!
Thanks for your info. - My husband wrote a letter to his Senator (in Texas - we tried to get them to help with our I130 with ZERO results - a quick call from an aide was it) with no reponse so perhaps we'll try the fax routine. I was sure that at least one person in this NG would get some action on their RFE this week.

We're past the "30 day period" as stated on the recorded MSC message- trying not to get really upset.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 8:56 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

No word on our RFE here either and as my Husband's congressman was no help at all with our I-130 my husband is very reluctant to try getting his help with this so I guess we just have to sit and wait it out .
They say patience is a virtue I know but mine seems to getting shorter with each day that passes Hope someone hears something soon!!
Cheers
Shepslady