Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Documentation Tip to prove marriage

Wikiposts

Documentation Tip to prove marriage

Old May 3rd 2007, 3:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documentation Tip to prove marriage

Just off the top of my head, I know that since Sadegh and I refinanced our condo together, we have gotten all the follow-up "junk" mail regarding that in both our names, such as different companies wanting to provide mortgage insurance, etc. Those all came to both our names. But of course, the fact that the deed and mortgage statements are in both our name speaks louder than the fact that we got follow-up junk mail from it.

We also must have signed up for some kind of information from Southwest (we both have FF miles with them), because once in a while we'll get some ad or something from them addressed to both of us.

I can't remember what company it is now, but we even get a little card from them each year on our anniversary, addressed to both of us, "happy anniversay Sadegh and Rene...don't forget to use our services..." that type of thing.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:16 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
so i guess the question remains HOW DO WE START GETTING JOINT JUNK MAIL? when i fill out the bonus points card at american eagle put both our names down? Actually thinking about it, that probably is not a bad idea is it? or does anyone have any other ideas to start getting joing junk mail. christ i never thought i would ever be begging for it!!
Which blows a hole in the examiners theory about junk mail being out of your control.
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Just returned from a much needed vacation only to go to an AOS interview in Phoenix.

I thought I pass it on.

Wow some vacation there We've not seen a post from you since February 4th. Did you do the "Round The World in 80 Days" tour?

WB
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

I guess joint junk mail cannot hurt, but I don't think it goes any further towards proving that a marriage is legit, than junk mail in each of the spouse's name does. This might have been an examiner, who was a little different than the rest, or was trying to experiment something new.

Also, based from the responses in this thread. it seems that we have a decent enough sample size of people who don't have joint junk mail to show. I don't expect too many people outside of this forum to be any different. That to me indicates, that the majority of the examiners too, fall into the same category of people, who have either never considered joint junk mail, or haven't even given it a thought.
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:53 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
I guess joint junk mail cannot hurt, but I don't think it goes any further towards proving that a marriage is legit, than junk mail in each of the spouse's name does. This might have been an examiner, who was a little different than the rest, or was trying to experiment something new.

Also, based from the responses in this thread. it seems that we have a decent enough sample size of people who don't have joint junk mail to show. I don't expect too many people outside of this forum to be any different. That to me indicates, that the majority of the examiners too, fall into the same category of people, who have either never considered joint junk mail, or haven't even given it a thought.
Good point! On a side, I just karma'ed you for that post and you went from 1 blue box to 7!!! Wohoooooo! I feel like I have the big karma stick!
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:51 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Mark started getting junk mail offers for a Barnes & Noble MBNA credit card within a couple of weeks of when we submitted our I-129F petition. This was because during our very first visit together back in 2002, he had ordered a book from them online and had it delivered to my address. Then he went back to the UK and didn't return to the US for another 7 months until he had his K1 visa. He had no credit history in the US, in fact had never even been to the US before he came to visit me for that month. Yet that's all it took to start getting junk mail -- for credit cards, no less!

While this wasn't joint junk mail, it just goes to show that it doesn't take much to get on some mailing list somewhere to start getting junk mail here.

~ Jenney
Old May 4th 2007, 6:52 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

While this wasn't joint junk mail, it just goes to show that it doesn't take much to get on some mailing list somewhere to start getting junk mail here.

~ Jenney
The point that has been made here is that most people do not receive joint junk mail despite having shared finances.

If it were the case that getting on a mailing list as a couple were easy, then that would defeat the whole purpose of having it. Since the inspector seemed to feel it was useful evidence as it was something the couple didn't have control over.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
The point that has been made here is that most people do not receive joint junk mail despite having shared finances.

If it were the case that getting on a mailing list as a couple were easy, then that would defeat the whole purpose of having it. Since the inspector seemed to feel it was useful evidence as it was something the couple didn't have control over.
well i think u have what u have and hope to god it is enough! I dont think we will ever get junk mail, its either to him or to me or to resident. We were asked at AOS tho to have something with both names on and same address which really goes back to utilities and banks etc. I have however cleared out a folder to save all joint post junk or otherwise! who knows when or where!!

The point tho is, depending on who u get, where u get them there are no straight rules and regulations. Either u throw off bad vibes or u dont I think, u either come out ok with what u sent or u dont! Just I suppose do ur best to supply to the best of ones abilitiy.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What about holiday cards, anniversary cards, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be bills. For our I-751 I included the sheet from our bowling league highlighting his and my name.