Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Documentation to support bona fide marriage - DCF London

Documentation to support bona fide marriage - DCF London

Old Mar 7th 2020, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Documentation to support bona fide marriage - DCF London

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first-time poster. My wife (USC) and I (UK citizen) are in the process of filling out our I-130 and I-130A forms with a plan to submit before the London USCIS stops accepting applications at the end of this month. I was wondering if someone could please help us with two questions:

1. For anyone who has filed with the London office recently: what sort of "documentation to support bona fide marriage" you submitted alongside your petition forms? I'm slightly confused here, as I have seen people on this forum and others state that supporting evidence is NOT required at the London DCF until the interview and that you don't need to submit this evidence alongside your petition. However, l suspect this may have changed recently, as the current checklist from the London USCIS, it states that this evidence is required.

2. We are planning on submitting the following as evidence: 1) First page of UK tenancy agreement showing that we both live at the same address; 2) Council Tax letter from City Council addressed to both of us; 3) Utility (Water) bill with both of your names on it; 4) Signed affidavit from my wife's childhood friend who was present at our wedding two years ago and has come to visit us in the UK since then. Does this sound like it will suffice?

Thanks very much in advance!
Old Mar 7th 2020, 1:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documentation to support bona fide marriage - DCF London

1, 2, and 3 are enough. No need for #4 when you have strong enough proof otherwise.

Rene
Old Mar 7th 2020, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1, 2, and 3 are enough. No need for #4 when you have strong enough proof otherwise.

Rene
Thank you!
Old Mar 7th 2020, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

1, 2 and 3 is exactly what my USC wife and I submitted. Our i-130 has been "correctly filed" (we received an email confirming "correctly filed") and we now await the next stage which, we were told in the email, can take 90 days.

Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
1, 2 and 3 is exactly what my USC wife and I submitted. Our i-130 has been "correctly filed" (we received an email confirming "correctly filed") and we now await the next stage which, we were told in the email, can take 90 days.

Good luck.
Thanks Stuwoolf, that's reassuring. I've been following your posts and it looks like my wife and I are in a similar position to yours. We also got married 2 years ago and had a nightmare of an experience navigating the UK spousal visa process. We are also going to be using a joint sponsor (my father in law). It's a relief to see that the US green card process is relatively straightforward in comparison to the UK one. Congratulations on receiving notice that yours was "correctly filed" regardless! I was wondering: 1) did you end up including an A5 envelope with 2x first class stamps (I saw you asked this in another thread) and 2) did you pay using a UK credit card?

Thanks again
Old Mar 7th 2020, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by os306
Thanks Stuwoolf, that's reassuring. I've been following your posts and it looks like my wife and I are in a similar position to yours. We also got married 2 years ago and had a nightmare of an experience navigating the UK spousal visa process. We are also going to be using a joint sponsor (my father in law). It's a relief to see that the US green card process is relatively straightforward in comparison to the UK one. Congratulations on receiving notice that yours was "correctly filed" regardless! I was wondering: 1) did you end up including an A5 envelope with 2x first class stamps (I saw you asked this in another thread) and 2) did you pay using a UK credit card?

Thanks again

We included an A5 envelope and a First Class stamp. I understand the only thing to go in that envelope is "If your immediate relative petition is approved, the petitioner will receive a Notice of Approval.".

Yes a G-1450 to make payment by card was included in our submission the email received said payment was taken.

We are hoping Stage 2 will take less than the 90 days indicated.

I am sorry to hear you were embroiled in the nightmare that is the UK Immigration system. For us it was a traumatic and expensive experience.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Mar 7th 2020 at 9:05 pm.