Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do we need a lawyer for an I-130?

Do we need a lawyer for an I-130?

Old Nov 13th 2014, 11:08 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we need a lawyer for an I-130?

My gay friend just got married and is sponsoring in her spouse, via AOS. So far the main problem seems to be that they keep losing stuff, they lost the 1040s she attached to the I-864.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
My gay friend just got married and is sponsoring in her spouse, via AOS. So far the main problem seems to be that they keep losing stuff, they lost the 1040s she attached to the I-864.
Proof positive that same sex couples are treated exactly the same then :-)
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I are a same-sex couple and we went through the AOS process last January. The entire process was no different than any others I've read about and the officer at the interview was very professional. Ourselves and another couple interviewed the same day were the first and second gay couples to be approved in our offices jurisdiction.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

sarahlewis82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, My attorney wanted to charge me 1500 dollars to do my i130s. I watched videos on you tube on how to fill out i130. filled it out myself. checked them 20 times lol and sent off and hoped for the best. 4 weeks later got a letter to say they were approved. I filed at London. go for it. good luck x