Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do they send NOAs for AR-11 (addy change)?

Do they send NOAs for AR-11 (addy change)?

Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:16 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Question Do they send NOAs for AR-11 (addy change)?

My husband sent his AR-11 a few wks before we realized *I* needed to inform them that my addy's changed too. (Yes, we're a little slow sometimes )

I sent an I-865 "Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address" & got an NOA a wk or so later, but we've not recieved an NOA for his AR-11. We're wondering if we should resend. It's been over a month since his got mailed to them.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do they send NOAs for AR-11 (addy change)?

Originally Posted by Simon&Vik
My husband sent his AR-11 a few wks before we realized *I* needed to inform them that my addy's changed too. (Yes, we're a little slow sometimes )

I sent an I-865 "Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address" & got an NOA a wk or so later, but we've not recieved an NOA for his AR-11. We're wondering if we should resend. It's been over a month since his got mailed to them.
We received a NOA when we filed I-865 but never received a NOA when filing AR-11. We did receive acknowledgment from our local office and our service center saying that had received our change of address. Both the service center and local office reminded us that we needed to submit an AR-11 if we had not.

Did you notify your service center or local office in addition to filing the AR-11?
Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:31 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Did you notify your service center or local office in addition to filing the AR-11?
No. Seems like that would be (or *should* be) overkill. How did you do this? Phone? General letter?
Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

I didn't get any notice after sending my AR-11.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

No. Seems like that would be (or *should* be) overkill. How did you do this? Phone? General letter?
If your office is Indianapolis, http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...is/aboutus.htm

the web site indicates:

"Customers may report a change of address for any other application submitted to this office by sending a letter to this office (see Where Are We, Mailing Address, above). Please include in the letter:

Your name as it appears in the application
Your 8 or 9 digit A-number
Your OLD and NEW address
Clearly mark your letter "ATTENTION: CHANGE OF ADDRESS"
"

Mailing Address:
Indianapolis Sub Office
950 N. Meridian St., Room 400
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-3915
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:15 am
Together at last!

Red face Re: Do they send NOAs for AR-11 (addy change)?

Thanks sphyrapicus.

Doesn't it seem crappy that you're suppose to do multiple things to notify about a change of address to ONE government body?? Bah. Oh well.

Thanks everyone!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get a NOA! so I would say no
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:00 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I sent an I-865 "Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address"
WHERE did you send the I-865? On the form, it says to send it to the Vermont Service Center (we live in Vermont), but the AOS case is being processed at the MSC. I'd like to avoid having the form vanish into a bureaucratic black hole, but I realize this may be wishful thinking on my part.

--Russ
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 11:06 pm
Together at last!

Red face Re: Do they send NOAs for AR-11 (addy change)?

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
WHERE did you send the I-865?
I live in Indiana, so I sent it to Nebraska, as that's what the directions told me to do. We don't have our AOS pending yet though, so it was just because I followed the directions that it went to Neb.