Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

Wikiposts

Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Do I need to have my vaccinations done by the interview date?

Originally posted by CharlieS
I got a record card which had offical stamps for each jab.
I wasn't smart enough to think of getting an official letter or similar.
Good idea Liz
The GP told me they would send me a letter to say i have had the TD done. Is this satisfactory do you think?
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

UKLiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CharlieS
I got a record card which had offical stamps for each jab.
I wasn't smart enough to think of getting an official letter or similar.
Good idea Liz
It might well be that no one would question anything anyway - BUT I tend to be unlucky and did not want to risk having to try to prove anything once in the US. Anyway the cost of the letter was only £8.00 - a small price to pay for peace of mind.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whistlestop01
Just curious to know.....

My vaccination records have vanished off the face of the earth and so have no evidence to prove i have had the injections i had as a baby and when i was 4 years old (not sure what injections you have at that age).

What injections do i need for the visa (K1) and do i need to have them done by the interview? I have just had a tetanus shot on Monday. Do I need a MMR shot too? What else is required?

After two visits to my UK doctor - he couldnt find ANY vaccination records for me either - therefore I didn't exactly have a vaccination record. I called into the surgery this evening, saw the nurse and she has given me a pneumococcal and an influenza jab. On Monday she's giving me:- MMR, diptheria and tetanus and on Tuesday I get polio and a Hepatitus B. The way I look at it - at least I've got some sort of vaccination history now. She's going to put the jabs in a little blue book but on Tuesday Im going to ask them to give me a computerised printout. After only two jabs this evening - my arm feels as though its going to drop off - god knows how I'm going to be Tuesday night but what the hell!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:29 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Letter from the US Embassy, London:
Important Notice to Immigrant Visa Applicants Concerning Vaccination Requirements

Recent changes to United States immigration law now require immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa.

Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type b (HIB), hepatitis b, varicella, pneumococcal and influenza.

...Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.
For my age group, (18-64 years of age) reading from the chart which came with this letter, I only needed to have the tetanus/diptheria shot and the MMR jab.

I got these from the nurse at my local doctor's surgery for nothing and she filled in a booklet with dates and details for the jabs she'd given me. This was sufficient for the doc's in London.

Best of luck!

Tam
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:31 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, I had the yucky Polio drops too, they were revolting, (I guess I was too old to be given them on a sugar cube - bugger)!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:33 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

My vaccination records had disappeared also. I got MMR, Dip/Tet, and Polio booster.
And I agree, the polio drops tested like crap.

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Oh, I had the yucky Polio drops too, they were revolting, (I guess I was too old to be given them on a sugar cube - bugger)!!!