Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Do both people have to sign the I-129F cover letter?

Do both people have to sign the I-129F cover letter?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Do both people have to sign the I-129F cover letter?

I have just seen a member website that says both the Petitioner and the Beneficiary has to sign the I-129F cover letter.

I was sure that only the Petitioner has to sign it. Can anyone tell me if we both have to sign it or not??

Thanks guys.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:58 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do both people have to sign the I-129F cover letter?

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I have just seen a member website that says both the Petitioner and the Beneficiary has to sign the I-129F cover letter.

I was sure that only the Petitioner has to sign it. Can anyone tell me if we both have to sign it or not??

Thanks guys.
From my understanding, including a I-129F cover letter is a suggestion, not a requirement. As such, I don't think it really matter who signs it.

It's most important that you both sign your respective G325A forms and letters of intent. Otherwise, you will get an RFE.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
From my understanding, including a I-129F cover letter is a suggestion, not a requirement. As such, I don't think it really matter who signs it.

It's most important that you both sign your respective G325A forms and letters of intent. Otherwise, you will get an RFE.

~ Jenney
Thanks Jenney,

We have both signed our respective G325A forms, but we have typed out 2 seperate letters of intent - one for me and one for her. We have signed our individual letters.

Is this ok? Or is it supposed to be just one letter?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:29 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jenney,

We have both signed our respective G325A forms, but we have typed out 2 seperate letters of intent - one for me and one for her. We have signed our individual letters.

Is this ok? Or is it supposed to be just one letter?

Thanks.
Mark and I had separate signed letters, and we had no problems.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ukman,

Nobody has to sign the I-129f cover letter. There doesn't have to be a cover letter. If there is a cover letter it would be a good idea for the petitioner to sign it.

Regards, JEff

Thanks guys.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

A cover letter is not a requirement so signing it or rather who needs to sign it is not an issue.

Rete