Reload this Page >

Divorce and Conditional Green Card

Wikiposts

Divorce and Conditional Green Card

Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Bostancik_VT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Divorce and a conditional green card

Hey, I'm new in this forum (recently became US Permanent Resident Conditional). Deeply interested in the field. I'm facing really big problems with my wife (US Citizen), which start to be paranoiac, try to hire somebody to stub me. I left the house, a couple of days ago, she is threatening to call the Immigration so they deport me, she just wait to send the divorce papers. Please help me with some advices.
Radu
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bostancik_VT
Hey, I'm new in this forum (recently became US Permanent Resident Conditional). Deeply interested in the field. I'm facing really big problems with my wife (US Citizen), which start to be paranoiac, try to hire somebody to stub me. I left the house, a couple of days ago, she is threatening to call the Immigration so they deport me, she just wait to send the divorce papers. Please help me with some advices.
Radu
Get the divorce .. then you can file to remove the conditions

But do remind her than she signed an Affidavit of Support ...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

At that time she was unable financially to sigh the Affidavit so her uncle sponsored me.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

At that time she was unable financially to sigh the Affidavit so her uncle sponsored me.
No he is the co sponsor ..the wife is always the main sponsor ..
she DID sign
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Then both she AND her uncle are responsible. Go ahead and file for divorce, then you can remove the conditions yourself as soon as the divorce is final.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Yes my wife was the main sponsor, and the uncle co-sponsor. My card will expire in Feb 2010, I should file the I-751 form right after the divorce or 90 days before expiration as part of the procedure?
Any advice please I speak english, russian, romanian-moldovan.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Deeply interested in the field.
Are you a farmer?

Yes my wife was the main sponsor, and the uncle co-sponsor.
Even if you divorce, they are both still bound by the terms of the I-864 Affidavit of Support.

My card will expire in Feb 2010, I should file the I-751 form right after the divorce or 90 days before expiration as part of the procedure?
You file *immediately* after the divorce is final. You do *not* have to wait.

Ian
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've separated your post and started a new thread so that you have your own thread about your particular problem.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, when you said recently became a PR, you really meant it. You only became a PR 2 months ago! Anyway, once the divorce is final, you can then file the I-751 immediately, you don't have to wait for the 90-day window anymore. However, you might expect to have an interview, given that you are divorcing so soon after becoming a PR. Make sure you have plenty of proof that your marriage was in good faith.

Just curious, on what visa did you enter the USA? K-1 or other?

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my wife was the main sponsor, and the uncle co-sponsor. My card will expire in Feb 2010, I should file the I-751 form right after the divorce or 90 days before expiration as part of the procedure?
Any advice please I speak english, russian, romanian-moldovan.

That says it all to me.

If you are going to use abuse for a waiver, then document it.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Divorce and Conditional Green Card

I know my wife for about a year. Married for 7 months. Guys I'm looking for some help, but not to harm somebody. You even don't what going on, what kind of person she is, I will not wish to my enemy even to have such kind of wife. She is even on probation, from her past and things that she did.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:01 am
Just Joined

I came to us on H2B visa.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:04 am

Guys I'm looking for some help...
If you don't want to be married to her anymore, file for a divorce. Once the divorce is final, you can then file the I-751 immediately, you don't have to wait for the 90-day window anymore. However, you might expect to have an interview, given that you are divorcing so soon after becoming a PR. Make sure you have plenty of proof that your marriage was in good faith.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I came to us on H2B visa.
I don't think yours is a DIY project - you need an immigration attorney.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Elvira
I don't think yours is a DIY project - you need an immigration attorney.
Just out of curiosity, why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.