Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Discouraged... (NSC whine)

Discouraged... (NSC whine)

Old Jul 17th 2003, 1:12 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light
Default Discouraged... (NSC whine)

Last night, I was so discouraged that I didn't know what to do with myself. I know now I won't get my visa until mid september at the *earliest*. My kind of work is time sensitive. It would have been better for the disabled kids I will be working with if we started right off in early september. That's not going to happen at this rate.

I'm pessimistic. I don't think I'll get the bloody thing in my hands until mid-october. I'm happy for those getting approvals and visas, and sometimes insanely jealous when I see someone who went through VSC two months after me actually GET their visa (not just their I-129F approval)...

The loss is not just mine - it's that of the autistic kids my dogs will work with, it's that of the piano students I'm trying to get (you try booking students and lessons when you don't know when you'll be able to work, or when you'll be there)... Thanks to the BCIS, I may not be able to work at all next year if I miss the boat on the school year start.

We submitted our papers in February. Got our 1st NOA on the 19th. We have: No kids. No previous marriages. No police records. No other circumstances that could make our case a bit different than the textbook case. We both work (and I could work immediately!). We have no medical circumstances. No joint-sponsors. We have pictures, families who have spoken to each other, many visits under our belt. We're 25 and 26, respectively.

... and yet...

*sigh*... sometimes I wish I could write an "open letter" and send it to the media - not one accusing the BCIS of crap and mismanagement... just one pointing out that the current system is depriving local children of services (service dog related), and breaking apart families. Obviously, we're all worth less than business. They can get things done so VERY fast. Obviously, we're all worth less than the people who were former members of Hussein's party and who squealed to the US side - some are here now, processed darn quickly, family and all, to "protect them".

Right now, I just want to scream. Cry. Anything. Something. I know it won't make the process go any faster.

It's just so unfair.

With 300 petitions (or so) still left to process for January, and with their current rate of 60 approvals (or so) per week according to the advocacy group, I'm not going to be seeing an approval for a long time... imagine if we get an RFE... for something like "n/a" versus "none". Everything *else* is ready to go... hopefully Montreal can help us speed the process along...

I'm sick of this.

Elly
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

I sympathize with you, Elly. And, with all of the couples going through NSC. I was hoping that the 4 to 4.5 month trend approval time would remain, if not get better, but I'm seeing approvals are taking even longer now. I don't really know what to say, only that I know you all will get through this. I'm not going to paint a pretty picture because, well, there is nothing wonderful about the wait nor the uncertainty of when it will happen. But, it will happen. I only wish there was something that could be done
Old Jul 17th 2003, 4:54 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Hi Elly,
I would like to tell you something nice to make you smile, but it is hard even for me. I am not going to cheer up you and tell that sooner or later you will get it. You will receive your approval, but the question is WHEN??? and why so long?? I wouldn't be mad on all this process so much if I didn't know Vermont cases and some cases which are going so fast in NSC and TSC, I don't know with whose help it happens
We are waiting and waiting.... and for what?? only to check our papers? Do they need 6 months to spend 30 minutes (maybe less) to see our papers? Why don't they care about our feelings??!!! If I had a gold fish in my hands, I would ask her to make services feel the same pain like we have..... maybe that would help. Or maybe not, because they would be so upset (like we now) that they couldn't work at all (like i can't now with all my thoughts).

Well... anyway we shouldn't be sad, because our soulmatels don't want us to be sad ... Now I am smiling because I need HIM and I can't do anything to change situation

Olenka
Old Jul 17th 2003, 5:25 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Elly, and everyone who's still waiting to be with their loved ones,

So many people here feel your pain. I was feeling it myself not so long back. But while I have nothing positive to say about the actual wait itself, my God, it's worth it. That's the thought you should continue to cling to, and just remember that it WILL happen.

It puts a whole new perspective on your relationship and makes you both stronger. I've had my fair share of bad relationships, and every day, I'm amazed that the best one I've ever had was 4000 miles away the whole time, I just never found it til now. We're not perfect. We're not rich. We argue and bicker, but when we're done, we realize how lucky we are compared to the couples who take each other for granted. That's what kept me going while we were seperated. I knew it'd be worth the pain. Keep holding on to that thought, tell your loved one how you're feeling, and just be there for each other emotionally. That way, you'll get through it with your sanity intact until you can be together physically. Also, you'll find that you don't care a bugger about how long BCIS take to do the rest of your process when you can wait it out together! I know all this probably sounds really cheesy and isn't making you feel better deep down, but it really is all true.
All the very best to you, and chin up.
Kate. xxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Jul 17th 2003 at 5:32 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, Elly, and everyone who's still waiting to be with their loved ones,

So many people here feel your pain. I was feeling it myself not so long back. But while I have nothing positive to say about the actual wait itself, my God, it's worth it. That's the thought you should continue to cling to, and just remember that it WILL happen.

It puts a whole new perspective on your relationship and makes you both stronger. I've had my fair share of bad relationships, and every day, I'm amazed that the best one I've ever had was 4000 miles away the whole time, I just never found it til now. We're not perfect. We're not rich. We argue and bicker, but when we're done, we realize how lucky we are compared to the couples who take each other for granted. That's what kept me going while we were seperated. I knew it'd be worth the pain. Keep holding on to that thought, tell your loved one how you're feeling, and just be there for each other emotionally. That way, you'll get through it with your sanity intact until you can be together physically. Also, you'll find that you don't care a bugger about how long BCIS take to do the rest of your process when you can wait it out together! I know all this probably sounds really cheesy and isn't making you feel better deep down, but it really is all true.
All the very best to you, and chin up.
Kate. xxx
I agree with Kate 100%. I was also in the boat of waiting and waiting. I know how it feels. But let me tell you, we are so happy that we are together now after all the waiting. I thought we were never gonna make it, since we were not sure if my then fiance would be granted the visa.

You guys who are still waiting, you will eventually get through. I know its easier said than done.

Its worth all the wait even though one can go insane.

amy
Old Jul 17th 2003, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

BossSconcs will become famous soon enoughBossSconcs will become famous soon enough
Default comments?

I hate to sound too stupid.....but has anyone written to BCIS?

Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:
BCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."
If you feel you were mistreated by a BCIS employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a BCIS employee, you may write to the Center Director, or write directly to:

Director, Office of Internal Audit
425 "Eye" Street, NW Room 3260
Washington, DC 20536

Please be specific and reference specific case numbers and dates to provide the best way for us to understand and assess your complaint.
Old Jul 18th 2003, 5:08 am
Olivia

Default Re: Discouraged... (NSC whine)

Elenfair wrote in message news:...

> Right now, I just want to scream. Cry. Anything. Something. I know
    > it won't make the process go any faster.
    >

Elly...

I know how you feel. We're waiting on our NOA 2 (NOA 1: 03/14) and it
is driving me absolutely over the edge. Especially knowing that there
are SO MANY people out there that have to jump through all these hoops
just like us.

If you ever need to talk, I'm in Montreal as well. Just send me an
e-mail and unload - maybe we can help each other out.

Don't let this overwhelm you. In the end remember that you're madly in
love, and they're just stupid bureaucrats.

Olivia

Old Jul 18th 2003, 5:26 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough
Default Letters?? to director??

Originally posted by BossSconcs
I hate to sound too stupid.....but has anyone written to BCIS?

Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:
BCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."
If you feel you were mistreated by a BCIS employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a BCIS employee, you may write to the Center Director, or write directly to:

Director, Office of Internal Audit
425 "Eye" Street, NW Room 3260
Washington, DC 20536

Please be specific and reference specific case numbers and dates to provide the best way for us to understand and assess your complaint.
I think that it is waste of time to write them. i was going to ask my fiance to do this, but I see the results of other's writing. They tell us everything to get rid from us:
- "wait till 180 day, we can help you with nothing now"
- "your case on the desk and will be approved in 14 days" - hmm..... have a look at Dave Hollis where people have got this answer and still are waiting more than 2 weeks...
- "you should wait for 30 days after 180 days"...

blah.. blah.... blah,,, they don't care our letters, they have a standard answers. But for what they lie????? to break our hopes ???? Now I am calm and waiting for my 180 th day (now I am on 170), but I start feeling unsurance about receiving this stupid NOA on this day also. The same was on 150 day, when I hope and was crushed...STUPID process

Sorry for telling this, but it makes me feel good

Olenka