Wikiposts

Desperate

Old Mar 20th 2002, 6:35 pm
Andrew Defaria

Default Re: Desperate

Michael Voight wrote:

> Brian Denuyl wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds like advice from a male-basher. Not all men are evil. I read nothing in her
    >> post that said she was in any danger and yet you are ready to have this man (yes
    >> probably a loser) locked up. If were able to do this there would be a lot less
    >> people on the internet..
    >
    > Agreed... If anything, this man needs help. His children appear to run all over
    > him. He also has a drinking problem, possibly due to depression. Nothing she has
    > ever posted indicated any abuse. In fact, that question was brought up and she
    > denied it. From an earlier post, it seemed like there might be some self abuse in
    > the way of overeating, but he didn't do it.

No the self abuse was undereating not overeating. Anyways, we are all getting this
3rd party and as such are trusting the words of this woman, admittedly with emotional
problems and not thinking straight. For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I
don't know. I haven't heard his side of the story.

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> Michael Voight wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]">Brian Denuyl wrote:<br> <blockquote
type="cite">Sounds like advice from a male-basher. Not all men are evil. I read
nothing in her post that said she was in any danger and yet you are ready to have
this man (yes probably a loser) locked up. If were able to do this there would be a
lot less people on the internet.. <br> </blockquote> <!TEST->Agreed... If anything,
this man needs help. His children appear to run all over him. He also has a drinking
problem, possibly due to depression. Nothing she has ever posted indicated any abuse.
In fact, that question was brought up and she denied it. From an earlier post, it
seemed like there might be some self abuse in the way of overeating, but he didn't do
it.</blockquote> No the self abuse was undereating not overeating. Anyways, we are
all getting this 3rd party and as such are trusting the words of this woman,
admittedly with emotional problems and not thinking straight. For all we know this
guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know. I haven't heard his side of the story.<br>
</body> </html

Old Mar 20th 2002, 6:35 pm
Andrew Defaria

Mr Travel wrote:

> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >
    >> Soooo! At this point the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. What
    >> difference does it make how wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons of
    >> money (though that wouldn't hurt) she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy
    >> churches could do just as good a job as the wealthiest church.
    >
    > A church with more resources may be able to help more than one without. Would that
    > be unusual??

How much help, and resources, does one woman need?

> I am not talking about the needs of one person, I am talking about the number of
    > people they are able to support.

Again, irrelevant. We are talking about one person here.

> I don't think it would be a difficult thing to for her to contact the Embassy...

Nor do I.

> I don't know fully what is going on. No abuse was ever stated. A bad marriage
    > doesn't mean there is abuse. I have no clue how they manage to spend enough time
    > together to decide on marriage, since it seems as though neither one of them would
    > have had money to visit the other.

Good point.

> I don't get this.

Nor do I.

> Someone who has no long distance phone service goes all of the way to the UK to
    > bring back a wife and 2 more kids.... This doesn't make sense... She only arrived
    > in December, did the financial situation change that fast??

Agreed. Seems fishy to me.

<html> <head> </head> <body> Mr Travel wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]">Andrew DeFaria wrote:<br> <blockquote
type="cite">Soooo! At this point the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to
mind. What difference does it make how wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons
of money (though that wouldn't hurt) she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy
churches could do just as good a job as the wealthiest church.<br> </blockquote>
<!TEST->A church with more resources may be able to help more than one without. Would
that be unusual?? </blockquote> How much help, and resources, does one woman
need?<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]">I am not
talking about the needs of one person, I am talking about the number of people they
are able to support. </blockquote> Again, irrelevant. We are talking about one person
here.<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"> I don't
think it would be a difficult thing to for her to contact the Embassy...</blockquote>
Nor do I.<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"> I
don't know fully what is going on. No abuse was ever stated. A bad marriage doesn't
mean there is abuse. I have no clue how they manage to spend enough time together to
decide on marriage, since it seems as though neither one of them would have had money
to visit the other. </blockquote> Good point.<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]"> I don't get this. </blockquote> Nor do
I.<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"> Someone
who has no long distance phone service goes all of the way to the UK to bring back a
wife and 2 more kids.... This doesn't make sense... She only arrived in December, did
the financial situation change that fast??</blockquote> Agreed. Seems fishy to
me.<br> <br> </body> </html

Old Mar 20th 2002, 10:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

> >> Alvena Ferreira wrote:
    > >> > Try a local church. Catholic first, if there is one. If not, find the biggest
    > >> > protestant/baptist church you can find.
    > >> >
    > >> What difference does it make if the church is Catholic or protestant/baptist?!?
    > >>
Actually, I mentioned Catholic church because in some communities they work with
immigrants, and there is a just a chance that they would have more resources to help
her. for instance, If you look at the bottom of the Louisville INS office "about us"
page, you will see that Catholic Charities of Louisville assists in providing
free/low cost services to immigrants. It had nothing to do with the money. Larger
churches have a better chance of being familiar with immigrants or having a history
of assisting them, that is all.

Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Mar 20th 2002, 11:05 pm
Grinch

"Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message

. For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know.

What on earths a sweatheart?

Ginch

Old Mar 21st 2002, 12:35 am
Betastar

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:29:59 -0800, Andrew DeFaria <[email protected]> spake:

>Mr Travel wrote:
    >
    >> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >>
    >>> Soooo! At this point the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. What
    >>> difference does it make how wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons of
    >>> money (though that wouldn't hurt) she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy
    >>> churches could do just as good a job as the wealthiest church.
    >>
    >> A church with more resources may be able to help more than one without. Would that
    >> be unusual??
    >
    >How much help, and resources, does one woman need?

Try to look at the bigger picture - the Catholic Church, having more money and larger
charitable organizations, is more likely to be able to help her than a smaller, local
parish of some sort.

Just like you don't necessarily do your weekly grocery shopping at the local Texaco
station, even though they do sell food at the Texaco. You'd go to a supermarket.

I don't think the concept is so hard to grasp.

Old Mar 21st 2002, 1:35 am
Brian Denuyl

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:01:50 -0500, "Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >"Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >. For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know.
    >
    >What on earths a sweatheart?
    >
    >Ginch
    >
What on earth is a Ginch?

Old Mar 21st 2002, 1:35 am
Steve & Lisa

a really sweaty heart? heart that sweats? everyone would be a sweatheart if sweating
is all that matters....well ok there are those that are born without sweat glands so
they wouldn't count...maybe Andrew fits under the sweatheart category.....cause he
sure isn't in the sweet one....LOL!!

Lisa "Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > . For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know.
    >
    > What on earths a sweatheart?
    >
    > Ginch

Old Mar 21st 2002, 2:35 am
Ranjini

>>I don't know fully what is going on. No abuse was ever stated. A bad
marriage doesn't mean there is abuse. I have no clue how they manage to spend enough
time together to decide on marriage, since it seems as though neither one of them
would have had money to visit the other. I don't get this. Someone who has no long
distance phone service goes all of the way to the UK to bring back a wife and 2 more
kids.... This doesn't make sense... She only arrived in December, did the financial
situation change that fast??<< <<snip>>

Although I would be the first to support a woman who initially made a bad judgement
call by marrying such a man, there is a certain ring of truth to what you say. Does
anyone else get the same feeling??? Ranjini

"Mr Travel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > >
    > > Soooo! At this point the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. What
    > > difference does it make how wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons of
    > > money (though that wouldn't hurt) she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy
    > > churches could do just as good a job as the wealthiest church.
    >
    > A church with more resources may be able to help more than one without. Would that
    > be unusual?? I am not talking about the needs of one person, I am talking about the
    > number of people they are able to support. I don't think it would be a difficult
    > thing to for her to contact the Embassy...
    >
    > I don't know fully what is going on. No abuse was ever stated. A bad marriage
    > doesn't mean there is abuse. I have no clue how they manage to spend enough time
    > together to decide on marriage, since it seems as though neither one of them would
    > have had money to visit the other. I don't get this. Someone who has no long
    > distance phone service goes all of the way to the UK to bring back a wife and 2
    > more kids.... This doesn't make sense... She only arrived in December, did the
    > financial situation change that fast??
    >
    >
    >
    > Michael

Old Mar 21st 2002, 3:05 am
Andrew Defaria

Grinch wrote:

> "Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > . For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know.
    >
    > What on earths a sweatheart?

It's a typo !

Andrew Defaria

Alvena Ferreira wrote:

>>>> Alvena Ferreira wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Try a local church. Catholic first, if there is one. If not, find the biggest
    >>>>> protestant/baptist church you can find.
    >>>>
    >>>> What difference does it make if the church is Catholic or protestant/baptist?!?
    >>>
    > Actually, I mentioned Catholic church because in some communities they work with
    > immigrants, and there is a just a chance that they would have more resources to
    > help her. for instance, If you look at the bottom of the Louisville INS office
    > "about us" page, you will see that Catholic Charities of Louisville assists in
    > providing free/low cost services to immigrants. It had nothing to do with the
    > money. Larger churches have a better chance of being familiar with immigrants or
    > having a history of assisting them, that is all.

I guess I was just objecting to the wording you used. You said "go to a Catholic
church first". Had you said something like "Many Catholic churches work with
immigrants" or "Catholic churches seems to be active in this" then that would have
more clearly expressed your opinion.

<html> <head> </head> <body> Alvena Ferreira wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]"> <blockquote type="cite"> <blockquote
type="cite"> <blockquote type="cite">Alvena Ferreira wrote:<br> <blockquote
type="cite">Try a local church. Catholic first, if there is one. If not, find the
biggest protestant/baptist church you can find.<br> </blockquote> What difference
does it make if the church is Catholic or protestant/baptist?!?<br> </blockquote>
</blockquote> </blockquote> <!TEST->Actually, I mentioned Catholic church because in
some communities they work with immigrants, and there is a just a chance that they
would have more resources to help her. for instance, If you look at the bottom of the
Louisville INS office "about us" page, you will see that Catholic Charities of
Louisville assists in providing free/low cost services to immigrants. It had nothing
to do with the money. Larger churches have a better chance of being familiar with
immigrants or having a history of assisting them, that is all. <br> </blockquote> I
guess I was just objecting to the wording you used. You said &nbsp;"go to a Catholic
church first". Had you said something like "Many Catholic churches work with
immigrants" or "Catholic churches seems to be active in this" then that would have
more clearly expressed your opinion. <br> </body> </html

Grinch

Brian Denuyl <[email protected]> wrote in message

> What on earth is a Ginch?

Ficked if I know.

Gronch

Andrew Defaria

Brian Denuyl wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:01:50 -0500, "Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >> For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know.
    >>
    >> What on earths a sweatheart?
    >>
    >> Ginch
    >
    > What on earth is a Ginch?

Not thar's a question!

<html> <head> </head> <body> Brian Denuyl wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected] om"> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:01:50
-0500, "Grinch" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:[email protected]">&lt;[email protected]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
<blockquote type="cite">"Andrew DeFaria" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:[email protected]">&lt;[email protected]&gt;</a> wrote in message<br>
<br> For all we know this guy could be a sweatheart. I don't know.<br> <br> What on
earths a sweatheart?<br> <br> Ginch<br> </blockquote> <!TEST->What on earth is a
Ginch?</blockquote> Not thar's a question!<br> </body> </html

Andrew Defaria

Steve & Lisa wrote:

> a really sweaty heart? heart that sweats? everyone would be a sweatheart if
    > sweating is all that matters....well ok there are those that are born without sweat
    > glands so they wouldn't count...maybe Andrew fits under the sweatheart
    > category.....cause he sure isn't in the sweet one....LOL!!

Geeze, one little typo (coupled with a bad spell checker) and people are all
over you !

(And I can be expectionally sweet but tend to reserve that for those who deserve such
treatment).

Old Mar 21st 2002, 3:35 am
Steve & Lisa

I doubt really sweet more like artificial sweetener. "Andrew DeFaria"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Steve & Lisa wrote:
    >
    > > a really sweaty heart? heart that sweats? everyone would be a sweatheart if
    > > sweating is all that matters....well ok there are those that are born without
    > > sweat glands so they wouldn't count...maybe Andrew fits under the sweatheart
    > > category.....cause he sure isn't in the sweet one....LOL!!
    >
    > Geeze, one little typo (coupled with a bad spell checker) and people are all over
    > you !
    >
    > (And I can be expectionally sweet but tend to reserve that for those who deserve
    > such treatment).

Old Mar 21st 2002, 4:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why do these threads always turn into personal combatant postings.

The woman asked a question; she asked for assistance. She didn't ask anyone to debate her life and situation. You all wanted and demanded that she return home to England in her last attempt to elicit help and now you are sitting back and in so many words telling her she made up the entire thing.

For what it is worth, the UK Consulate will NOT be of much assistance to her and her children. It is in black and white on their website. They will not loan her money. They will not assist her in any court or police matter. They visit her in jail if she winds up there. They will contact someone for her in England who she feels might help her. But that is the extent of what they are willing and able to do for her.

Looks like she is on her own unless she has English relatives willing to purchase three airline tickets for her and the kids to return home. If she has an EAD she is free to more out of the house and into a more urban area and find employment. From there she can either save money and buy her own ticket home or file for a non-contested divorce and claim abuse and validity of marriage at her AOS interview.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 21st 2002 at 5:50 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.