Wikiposts

Desperate

Old Mar 19th 2002, 4:05 pm
Ntepy

Default Desperate

Well this is about my last hope. My marriage is over, I can't take the abuse any
longer and I'm truly stuck out here in the middle of no where. Hit bottom, my husband
is one big dirty lie! Please any one, help if you can. I have NO money, no long
distance phone, no transport. Children and Youth seem to have abandoned us. They
don't know what to do. MH/MR don't know what to do either. I have spent the last
three days out with my son looking for a shelter or anything. But no where will take
us in because we aren't getting physically beaten by my husband and we are immigrants
without Social Security numbers. It's ridiculous, anybody would think we truly were
'Aliens' from outa space.

I needed to make calls to a lawyer, the PA Senator and the British Embassy this
morning for help but can't...... no long distance phone and no way of getting to one.
Please help me some one, this is urgent. I am getting poorlyer by the day. Should I
call the police, I don't know...

Please call the Embassy for me some one, perhaps you could give them my number to
call me... Pennsylvania 652-9891

ntepy..... Desperate

Old Mar 19th 2002, 6:35 pm
Im

Default Re: Desperate

Hi Nepty, Its sad to hear now that you think the marriage is over. I really can not
give you any advise on what to do, but maybe its better to finish a chapter than
trying to hang on ... A way to make a long distance call may be using a service like
www.dialpad.com that allows you to call from your computer, and it does not cost
anything. Or you could try to send an email to the embassy. I whish you all the best
and all the strength you can have! God Bless, Isa

ntepy wrote:

> Well this is about my last hope. My marriage is over, I can't take the abuse any
    > longer and I'm truly stuck out here in the middle of no where. Hit bottom, my
    > husband is one big dirty lie! Please any one, help if you can. I have NO money, no
    > long distance phone, no transport. Children and Youth seem to have abandoned us.
    > They don't know what to do. MH/MR don't know what to do either. I have spent the
    > last three days out with my son looking for a shelter or anything. But no where
    > will take us in because we aren't getting physically beaten by my husband and we
    > are immigrants without Social Security numbers. It's ridiculous, anybody would
    > think we truly were 'Aliens' from outa space.
    >
    > I needed to make calls to a lawyer, the PA Senator and the British Embassy this
    > morning for help but can't...... no long distance phone and no way of getting to
    > one. Please help me some one, this is urgent. I am getting poorlyer by the day.
    > Should I call the police, I don't know...
    >
    > Please call the Embassy for me some one, perhaps you could give them my number to
    > call me... Pennsylvania 652-9891
    >
    > ntepy..... Desperate

Old Mar 19th 2002, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

go to the local salvation army shelter - they will help, or go to the local hospital or police station to ask for shelters for you and your children in the area.

Good luck

[email protected] is the embassy web address
Old Mar 20th 2002, 12:35 am
Alpona

IM <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Nepty, Its sad to hear now that you think the marriage is over. I really can not
    > give you any advise on what to do, but maybe its better to finish a chapter than
    > trying to hang on ... A way to make a long distance call may be using a service
    > like www.dialpad.com that allows you to call from your computer, and it does not
    > cost anything. Or you could try to send an email to the embassy. I whish you all
    > the best and all the strength you can have! God Bless, Isa
    >
    > ntepy wrote:
    >
    > > Well this is about my last hope. My marriage is over, I can't take the abuse any
    > > longer and I'm truly stuck out here in the middle of no where. Hit bottom, my
    > > husband is one big dirty lie! Please any one, help if you can. I have NO money,
    > > no long distance phone, no transport. Children and Youth seem to have abandoned
    > > us. They don't know what to do. MH/MR don't know what to do either. I have spent
    > > the last three days out with my son looking for a shelter or anything. But no
    > > where will take us in because we aren't getting physically beaten by my husband
    > > and we are immigrants without Social Security numbers. It's ridiculous, anybody
    > > would think we truly were 'Aliens' from outa space.
    > >
    > > I needed to make calls to a lawyer, the PA Senator and the British Embassy this
    > > morning for help but can't...... no long distance phone and no way of getting to
    > > one. Please help me some one, this is urgent. I am getting poorlyer by the day.
    > > Should I call the police, I don't know...
    > >
    > > Please call the Embassy for me some one, perhaps you could give them my number to
    > > call me... Pennsylvania 652-9891
    > >
    > > ntepy..... Desperate Hi ntepy,
I feel really bad for you if you are in as much trouble as you say you are. I would
call the police.....the worst that can happen is that they'll have you sent home
which is actually the best that could happen. I thought you were trying to make the
marriage work....I've been following your posts ,...so what happened??? Why don't you
have any money?I thought your husband was trying to improve things for you. I'm in
Illinois or I'd have helped. I wish you all the best... alpona

Old Mar 20th 2002, 2:36 am
Paulgani

If you just need to make a LD call, almost any convenience store, post office, or
discount store can sell you a phone card for as little as $5-$10.

Paulgani

"ntepy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well this is about my last hope. My marriage is over, I can't take the abuse any
    > longer and I'm truly stuck out here in the middle of no where. Hit bottom, my
    > husband is one big dirty lie! Please any one, help if you can. I have NO money, no
    > long distance phone, no transport. Children and Youth seem to have abandoned us.
    > They don't know what to do. MH/MR don't know what to do either. I have spent the
    > last three days out with my son looking for a shelter or anything. But no where
    > will take us in because we aren't getting physically beaten by my husband and we
    > are immigrants without Social Security numbers. It's ridiculous, anybody would
    > think we truly were 'Aliens' from outa space.
    >
    > I needed to make calls to a lawyer, the PA Senator and the British Embassy this
    > morning for help but can't...... no long distance phone and no way of getting to
    > one. Please help me some one, this is urgent. I am getting poorlyer by the day.
    > Should I call the police, I don't know...
    >
    > Please call the Embassy for me some one, perhaps you could give them my number to
    > call me... Pennsylvania 652-9891
    >
    > ntepy..... Desperate

Old Mar 20th 2002, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried calling local crisis lines in your state? There are crisis lines that offer you a listening ear as well as resources in your area for you to call. Usually they have shelter information and they may even be able to help you find some sort of financial assistance. Try looking on suicidehotlines.com - they're not just for people who are suicidal so don't let the web address put you off. I have looked under PA and there are a lot of areas that have got 1-800 numbers. Hope this helps you a little....

Last edited by smartiegirl88; Mar 20th 2002 at 3:15 am.
Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:05 am
Aangiela

Ntepy,

I'm sorry that your husband turned out to be such a f*** head. I would take the
advice of Alvena and try to find the biggest Catholic church (even Lutheran) first.
They tend to have more resources and may even have their own shelters. Also, I
would get a phone card. You can get a 60 minute card from Wal-mart for around $5.
It uses up more minutes if you call the UK. I think a 60 minute card will give you
about 20 minutes.

Also, get you and your kids back to the UK asap.

I wish there was more that I could do for you, but like others here, I am hundreds of
miles away.

Take care and God Bless,

Angie

Old Mar 20th 2002, 9:05 am

On 19 Mar 2002 19:37:49 -0800, [email protected] (ntepy) wrote:

CALL THE POLICE NOW!!!! Call the shelters, lawyers family second. Please get yourself
and your children safe. He may not have beaten you yet, that doesn't mean he won't. I
found that out when my now x loaded a gun and held it to my head. It's not worth it
to stay in that kind of situation, and you can't help him stop drinking. He will only
do that when he wants to, if ever. Karryl

http://www.domesticviolence.org/safe.html What Can I Do To Be Safe? Call the police
If you feel you are in danger from your abuser at any time, you can call 911 or your
local police. HAVEN may be able to provide you with a cell phone that is programmed
to only call 911. These phones are for when you need to call the police and cannot
get to any other =phone.

Consider the following: If you are in danger when the police come, they can protect
you. They can help you and your children leave your home safely. They can arrest your
abuser when they have enough proof that you have been abused. They can arrest your
abuser if a personal protection order (PPO) has been violated. When the police come,
tell them everything the abuser did that made you call. If you have been hit, tell
the police where. Tell them how many times it happened. Show them any marks left on
your body. Marks may take time to show up. If you see a mark after the police leave,
call the police to take pictures of the marks. They maybe used in court. If your
abuser has broken any property, show the police. The police can give you information
on domestic violence programs and shelters. The police must make a report saying what
happened to you. Police reports can be used in court if your abuser is charged with a
crime. Get the officers' names, badge numbers, and the report number in case you need
a copy of the report. A police report can be used to help you get a PPO.

24-HOUR CRISIS INTERVENTION Toll Free - Toll Free - HAVEN (877) 922 - 1274 Common
Ground Sanctuary (800) 231 - 1127 LEGAL CLINICS (877) 922 - 1274 National Domestic
Violence Hotline
(800) 799 - SAFE (7233)

>Well this is about my last hope. My marriage is over, I can't take the abuse any
    >longer and I'm truly stuck out here in the middle of no where. Hit bottom, my
    >husband is one big dirty lie! Please any one, help if you can. I have NO money, no
    >long distance phone, no transport. Children and Youth seem to have abandoned us.
    >They don't know what to do. MH/MR don't know what to do either. I have spent the
    >last three days out with my son looking for a shelter or anything. But no where will
    >take us in because we aren't getting physically beaten by my husband and we are
    >immigrants without Social Security numbers. It's ridiculous, anybody would think we
    >truly were 'Aliens' from outa space.
    >
    >I needed to make calls to a lawyer, the PA Senator and the British Embassy this
    >morning for help but can't...... no long distance phone and no way of getting to
    >one. Please help me some one, this is urgent. I am getting poorlyer by the day.
    >Should I call the police, I don't know...
    >
    >Please call the Embassy for me some one, perhaps you could give them my number to
    >call me... Pennsylvania 652-9891
    >
    >ntepy..... Desperate

Old Mar 20th 2002, 9:35 am
Mary

I work for a Social Service agency in a different state than you but I can assure you
we are not allowed to ask the immigration status of anyone who needs help. And no
private agency would either, in fact there are agencies set up just to help illegals!
so I doubt people will not help you because you dont have SS#. You have access to the
internet, get on there, look up the congressmans # they all have toll free and local
numbers, talk to the immigration liaison and then get on the line to the battered
womans shelter. if you have a phone book, look up the community college closest to
you and find the Womens Center. they will also look into help for you. you must take
action yourself. do not use excuses, there is no time for them.

Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:05 pm
Michael Voight

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >
    > Alvena Ferreira wrote:
    >
    > > Try a local church. Catholic first, if there is one. If not, find the biggest
    > > protestant/baptist church you can find.
    >
    > What difference does it make if the church is Catholic or protestant/baptist?!?

I believe the RCC is the wealthiest church organization in the world.

Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:35 pm
Brian Denuyl

Sounds like advice from a male-basher. Not all men are evil. I read nothing in her
post that said she was in any danger and yet you are ready to have this man (yes
probably a loser) locked up. If were able to do this there would be a lot less people
on the internet..

And [email protected] why don't you have a name programmed into your newsreader?
Very interesting.

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:30:00 -0600, . <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 19 Mar 2002 19:37:49 -0800, [email protected] (ntepy) wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >CALL THE POLICE NOW!!!! Call the shelters, lawyers family second. Please get
    >yourself and your children safe. He may not have beaten you yet, that doesn't mean
    >he won't. I found that out when my now x loaded a gun and held it to my head. It's
    >not worth it to stay in that kind of situation, and you can't help him stop
    >drinking. He will only do that when he wants to, if ever. Karryl
    >
    >http://www.domesticviolence.org/safe.html What Can I Do To Be Safe? Call the police
    >If you feel you are in danger from your abuser at any time, you can call 911 or your
    >local police. HAVEN may be able to provide you with a cell phone that is programmed
    >to only call 911. These phones are for when you need to call the police and cannot
    >get to any other =phone.
    >
    >Consider the following: If you are in danger when the police come, they can protect
    >you. They can help you and your children leave your home safely. They can arrest
    >your abuser when they have enough proof that you have been abused. They can arrest
    >your abuser if a personal protection order (PPO) has been violated. When the police
    >come, tell them everything the abuser did that made you call. If you have been hit,
    >tell the police where. Tell them how many times it happened. Show them any marks
    >left on your body. Marks may take time to show up. If you see a mark after the
    >police leave, call the police to take pictures of the marks. They maybe used in
    >court. If your abuser has broken any property, show the police. The police can give
    >you information on domestic violence programs and shelters. The police must make a
    >report saying what happened to you. Police reports can be used in court if your
    >abuser is charged with a crime. Get the officers' names, badge numbers, and the
    >report number in case you need a copy of the report. A police report can be used to
    >help you get a PPO.
    >
    >24-HOUR CRISIS INTERVENTION Toll Free - Toll Free - HAVEN (877) 922 - 1274 Common
    >Ground Sanctuary (800) 231 - 1127 LEGAL CLINICS (877) 922 - 1274 National Domestic
    >Violence Hotline
    > (800) 799 - SAFE (7233)
    >
    >>Well this is about my last hope. My marriage is over, I can't take the abuse any
    >>longer and I'm truly stuck out here in the middle of no where. Hit bottom, my
    >>husband is one big dirty lie! Please any one, help if you can. I have NO money, no
    >>long distance phone, no transport. Children and Youth seem to have abandoned us.
    >>They don't know what to do. MH/MR don't know what to do either. I have spent the
    >>last three days out with my son looking for a shelter or anything. But no where
    >>will take us in because we aren't getting physically beaten by my husband and we
    >>are immigrants without Social Security numbers. It's ridiculous, anybody would
    >>think we truly were 'Aliens' from outa space.
    >>
    >>I needed to make calls to a lawyer, the PA Senator and the British Embassy this
    >>morning for help but can't...... no long distance phone and no way of getting to
    >>one. Please help me some one, this is urgent. I am getting poorlyer by the day.
    >>Should I call the police, I don't know...
    >>
    >>Please call the Embassy for me some one, perhaps you could give them my number to
    >>call me... Pennsylvania 652-9891
    >>
    >>ntepy..... Desperate

Old Mar 20th 2002, 4:35 pm
Andrew Defaria

Michael Voight wrote:

> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >
    >> Alvena Ferreira wrote:
    >>
    >>> Try a local church. Catholic first, if there is one. If not, find the biggest
    >>> protestant/baptist church you can find.
    >>
    >> What difference does it make if the church is Catholic or protestant/baptist?!?
    >
    > I believe the RCC is the wealthiest church organization in the world.

Soooo! At this point the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. What
difference does it make how wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons of money
(though that wouldn't hurt) she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy churches could
do just as good a job as the wealthiest church.

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> Michael Voight wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]">Andrew DeFaria wrote:<br> <blockquote
type="cite">Alvena Ferreira wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite">Try a local church.
Catholic first, if there is one. If not, find the biggest protestant/baptist church
you can find.<br> </blockquote> What difference does it make if the church is
Catholic or protestant/baptist?!?<br> </blockquote> <!TEST->I believe the RCC is the
wealthiest church organization in the world.</blockquote> Soooo! At this point the
phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. What difference does it make how
wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons of money (though that wouldn't hurt)
she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy churches could do just as good a job as
the wealthiest church.<br> </body> </html

Old Mar 20th 2002, 6:05 pm
Mr Travel

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >
    > Soooo! At this point the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind. What
    > difference does it make how wealthy the church is?!? She doesn't need tons of money
    > (though that wouldn't hurt) she just needs help. I'm sure less wealthy churches
    > could do just as good a job as the wealthiest church.

A church with more resources may be able to help more than one without. Would that be
unusual?? I am not talking about the needs of one person, I am talking about the
number of people they are able to support. I don't think it would be a difficult
thing to for her to contact the Embassy...

I don't know fully what is going on. No abuse was ever stated. A bad marriage
doesn't mean there is abuse. I have no clue how they manage to spend enough time
together to decide on marriage, since it seems as though neither one of them would
have had money to visit the other. I don't get this. Someone who has no long
distance phone service goes all of the way to the UK to bring back a wife and 2 more
kids.... This doesn't make sense... She only arrived in December, did the financial
situation change that fast??

Michael

Old Mar 20th 2002, 6:35 pm
Michael Voight

Excuse me? All she has ever posted to this newsgroup indicated a marriage that I
think should have never occurred. However, NOTHING has ever indicated abuse. There
has been a lot of rude behavior by some members of the family, but I haven't heard
anything that sounded like physical or mental abuse. Did I miss some posts?

Michael

"." wrote:
    >
    > On 19 Mar 2002 19:37:49 -0800, [email protected] (ntepy) wrote:
    >
    > CALL THE POLICE NOW!!!! Call the shelters, lawyers family second. Please get
    > yourself and your children safe. He may not have beaten you yet, that doesn't mean
    > he won't. I found that out when my now x loaded a gun and held it to my head. It's
    > not worth it to stay in that kind of situation, and you can't help him stop
    > drinking. He will only do that when he wants to, if ever. Karryl
    >
    > http://www.domesticviolence.org/safe.html What Can I Do To Be Safe? Call the police
    > If you feel you are in danger from your abuser at any time, you can call 911 or
    > your local police. HAVEN may be able to provide you with a cell phone that is
    > programmed to only call 911. These phones are for when you need to call the police
    > and cannot get to any other

Old Mar 20th 2002, 6:35 pm
Michael Voight

Brian Denuyl wrote:
    >
    > Sounds like advice from a male-basher. Not all men are evil. I read nothing in her
    > post that said she was in any danger and yet you are ready to have this man (yes
    > probably a loser) locked up. If were able to do this there would be a lot less
    > people on the internet..

Agreed... If anything, this man needs help. His children appear to run all over him.
He also has a drinking problem, possibly due to depression. Nothing she has ever
posted indicated any abuse. In fact, that question was brought up and she denied it.
From an earlier post, it seemed like there might be some self abuse in the way of
overeating, but he didn't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.