Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Definitive ADIT pics answer

Wikiposts

Definitive ADIT pics answer

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:07 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Definitive ADIT pics answer

Ok. going to get my ADIT pics tomorrow, asked my attorney how many I need, he says 3 of myself and 1 of my wife to be. Someone here stated that I need two sets of myself and my wife to be and then a set of 2 pics of myself. Total pics 6 (2 of wife to be and 4 of myself)
The numbers were:

one of myself one of my wife to accompany I-130

one of myself one of my wife to accompany I-485

Two of myself to accompany the I-765

Now my thought here is that I don't need the duplicate set of pics for the I-485 cause I am filing the I-130 at the same time.
Anyone got the definitive answer and reason behind it?
Remember I am doing an AOS by marrying a US citizen here in the US, I am not a K-1 or K-3, just marrying and adjusting status.
Will get them at sears cause they seem to have the best setup for doing these pics according to other posters here.
Input welcome
Patrick
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:25 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Definitive ADIT pics answer

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Ok. going to get my ADIT pics tomorrow, asked my attorney how many I need, he says 3 of myself and 1 of my wife to be. Someone here stated that I need two sets of myself and my wife to be and then a set of 2 pics of myself. Total pics 6 (2 of wife to be and 4 of myself)
The numbers were:

one of myself one of my wife to accompany I-130

one of myself one of my wife to accompany I-485

Two of myself to accompany the I-765

Now my thought here is that I don't need the duplicate set of pics for the I-485 cause I am filing the I-130 at the same time.
Anyone got the definitive answer and reason behind it?
Remember I am doing an AOS by marrying a US citizen here in the US, I am not a K-1 or K-3, just marrying and adjusting status.
Will get them at sears cause they seem to have the best setup for doing these pics according to other posters here.
Input welcome
Patrick
you need two photo's of yourself with the 1-485
you do not need a photo of your wife with the 1-485
for the 1-130 you need one photo for you and one for your wife.
don't know about the 1-765 as i e-filed and did not need to submit a photo for this.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:32 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by candy wy.
you need two photo's of yourself with the 1-485
you do not need a photo of your wife with the 1-485
for the 1-130 you need one photo for you and one for your wife.
don't know about the 1-765 as i e-filed and did not need to submit a photo for this.
Ok,,, just reread the instructions,, yes 2 of myself for I-485 and also I-765. As you already said the I-130 needs one of myself and one of my spouse.
Why is my attorney saying only 4 pics total instead of 6 pics total? Is there some other way of filing this that requires only 4 pics total?
Patrick
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:38 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,,, just reread the instructions,, yes 2 of myself for I-485 and also I-765. As you already said the I-130 needs one of myself and one of my spouse.
Why is my attorney saying only 4 pics total instead of 6 pics total? Is there some other way of filing this that requires only 4 pics total?
Patrick

maybe your attorney can't count. i don't know why they ask for so many pictures, as they use the pictures that they take at the biometrics.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:58 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

maybe your attorney can't count. i don't know why they ask for so many pictures, as they use the pictures that they take at the biometrics.
I suppose the other possibility is that he is forgetting about the 2 of myself for the I-765 ?
Thanks
Patrick
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:19 pm
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice

I suppose the other possibility is that he is forgetting about the 2 of myself for the I-765 ?
Thanks
Patrick
in total, i sent 4 of me and 2 of my usc husband.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:23 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by tortoise
Was that for a K-1 or was your husband here when you adjusted status?
My addition from all the forms adds to
I-130 = 1 myself, 1 wife
I-485 = 2 myself
I-765 = 2 myself
Total 6 pics
These figures are from adding up the requirements for each document filed. I am still thinking that due to all the filing being done at the same time I may not need a second set of myself for either the 485 or 765, anyone have any experience with just sending 3 of themselves and 1 of their wife when filing the above forms?
TIA
Patrick
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:45 pm
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice

Was that for a K-1 or was your husband here when you adjusted status?
My addition from all the forms adds to
I-130 = 1 myself, 1 wife
I-485 = 2 myself
I-765 = 2 myself
Total 6 pics
These figures are from adding up the requirements for each document filed. I am still thinking that due to all the filing being done at the same time I may not need a second set of myself for either the 485 or 765, anyone have any experience with just sending 3 of themselves and 1 of their wife when filing the above forms?
TIA
Patrick
it was to adjust status. i filed the same forms as you: I-130, I-485 and I-765.

personally, i'd send in all that they ask for, for each form. that's what i did and i've not received anything back in the mail or any problems so far with my filing (i filed 9th feb 2004).

they take new photos of you for EADs and such when you go for your fingerprints and interim EAD, but i guess they need the photos you send in as reference material. i may be wrong, but that's what i've come to think.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:55 am
staying around

Originally posted by tortoise
why did you send two of your husband?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 2:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

why did you send two of your husband?
Some areas require that the US citizen also file a G-325 with photo

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...m#anchor155614
Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:52 am
staying around

Originally posted by ray6
Some areas require that the US citizen also file a G-325 with photo

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...m#anchor155614
she filed at the same office i did, i am just wondering if i missed something.
that link you provided, only three photo's total are needed 2 for the applicant and 1 for the spouse.

Last edited by candy wy.; Jul 24th 2004 at 3:59 am.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

she filed at the same office i did, i am just wondering if i missed something.
that link you provided, only three photo's total are needed 2 for the applicant and 1 for the spouse.
plus the normal one with the I-130 they dont give it on that list but do on the form... its the G325 requirement that seems to differ in some areas although the Petitioning Procedures does call for it http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm
but there it does not mention pics on G325
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:34 am
staying around

plus the normal one with the I-130 they dont give it on that list but do on the form... its the G325 requirement that seems to differ in some areas although the Petitioning Procedures does call for it http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm

the way i read the first link you gave they are asking for photo's on the G-325 for both applicant and spouse and omitting them from the actual forms that they are required for.

the second link shows the standard requirment.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:39 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

So is my lawyers advice due to his experience with the local SF office? Will 3 of myself and one of my wife be sufficient? I am going after luch to get them done and so want to get everything correct and not find the the lawyer was forgetting the I-765 which requires 2 pics of myself.
Patrick
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:48 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Read and abide by the legend below - if all else fails, read the instructions...

(Worked for me and, no doubt, numerous others)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.