DCF in Turkey

Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF in Turkey

I emailed Ankara about doing a DCF in Turkey and they emailed back saying that I can file a second petition in Turkey and that it will take a month in Turkey to do this. I am going to wait until next Wednesday to see if we get any approvals for the I129F or I130. If we don't get the approval by then I think I am just going to tell my wife to send all the documents in for the I130 directly to Ankara. She has everything ready inluding the police certificate and the I864 notarized. After that I will fly out to Turkey.

This is exactly what I don't want to do but seeing how BCIS is handling the case and that it still has to go through NVC I have a felling we will be waiting at NVC for months so I think we are just going to file again directly in Turkey.

I sent a second email to follow up with Turkey regarding a second filing. I was suprised that we can file twice but that's what their email said but I want to double check one more time because their mistake would eventually be my mistake.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF in Turkey

Originally posted by tmushen
I emailed Ankara about doing a DCF in Turkey and they emailed back saying that I can file a second petition in Turkey and that it will take a month in Turkey to do this. I am going to wait until next Wednesday to see if we get any approvals for the I129F or I130. If we don't get the approval by then I think I am just going to tell my wife to send all the documents in for the I130 directly to Ankara. She has everything ready inluding the police certificate and the I864 notarized. After that I will fly out to Turkey.

This is exactly what I don't want to do but seeing how BCIS is handling the case and that it still has to go through NVC I have a felling we will be waiting at NVC for months so I think we are just going to file again directly in Turkey.

I sent a second email to follow up with Turkey regarding a second filing. I was suprised that we can file twice but that's what their email said but I want to double check one more time because their mistake would eventually be my mistake.
Hi T,
Just wanted to make a comment that I don't think your case should be at NVC very long, certainly not months. The beneficiary is female and is not from one of the "terrorist" countries. But if Turkey will DCF, and it only takes a month, go for it!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi T,
Just wanted to make a comment that I don't think your case should be at NVC very long, certainly not months. The beneficiary is female and is not from one of the "terrorist" countries. But if Turkey will DCF, and it only takes a month, go for it!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks I am working on the I130 right now as we speak. I could just ask my lawyer for a new filled out form but like the BCIS I have no confidence in him because I am pretty sure the RFE's we received were because he either forgot to send the correct forms in or he sent them in late.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If we don't get the approval by then I think I am just going to tell my wife to send all the documents in for the I130 directly to Ankara. She has everything ready inluding the police certificate and the I864 notarized. After that I will fly out to Turkey.
The I-130 is the USC's petition. You will have to file it in person.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by meauxna
The I-130 is the USC's petition. You will have to file it in person.
For Direct Filing's in Turkey you can only send the forms in via UPS. I only have to be present for the interview. Either way if I have to remain there for an extended time I think I will do that.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:06 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Isnt it rediculus as to the time that this is taking now? Angelika and I are 2 days ahead of you, and this really has us to the end of our rope.. I will be flying over to her in a couple of weeks, and believe me, we are going to probably do the DCF with Frankfurt..
Currently I am going to email Frankfurt and see what all will be involved with getting the process started..

Life is a SIN living without the one you love.

Time just seems to be wasting away while our files lay on a shelf somewhere aging, to see if there is fraud involved..

Sometimes we just have to vent this anger, and let it out!

Good luck in Turkey.. hope everything goes your way..

Sid & Angelika
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:31 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I think that many who have come as K-1/K-3 to the USA would have decided to go DCF had they known the problems associated with EAD/AOS/Social Security/Drivers License...the whole mess.

DCF eliminates most problems such as those- with the Greencard arriving weeks after your own arrival. I thank God weekly for having been able to go that route with Cathy.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:36 pm
won't be long now!

Originally posted by ironporer
I think that many who have come as K-1/K-3 to the USA would have decided to go DCF had they known the problems associated with EAD/AOS/Social Security/Drivers License...the whole mess.

DCF eliminates most problems such as those- with the Greencard arriving weeks after your own arrival. I thank God weekly for having been able to go that route with Cathy.
I was looking for previous postings that you had made, in this area.. I need to ask you, do we need to cancel our K-3 first? Or can we let it ride til we file the DCF route? Thanks Sid & Angelika
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:09 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SidAngelika
I was looking for previous postings that you had made, in this area.. I need to ask you, do we need to cancel our K-3 first? Or can we let it ride til we file the DCF route? Thanks Sid & Angelika
Although I was told that I did not HAVE to (by the BCIS and Embassy), I sent in a letter canceling the K-1 petition just before leaving for Spain...and received NOA2 approval 2 mo. later. Typicial!!

What you might want to do would be to mail the letter cancelling it, AFTER you have filed at the embassy, and are SURE everything is OK (ie no missing documents, etc.)
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi T,

Do you know by any chance if Ankara will do a DCF for an Iranian citizen? I'm wondering if by some chance our K1 interview doesn't get good results, if DCF for us would be an option.

Thanks,
Rene
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck TMushen.....if you are confident to file it yourself, better do it by your own.

Anyway how's ur trip to Turkey? The last I knew you went there to visit your wife right?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by rzack
Good luck TMushen.....if you are confident to file it yourself, better do it by your own.

Anyway how's ur trip to Turkey? The last I knew you went there to visit your wife right?
I still have not left because each week I say to myself one more week, one more week and we will have the approval. I still have my open ticket but my patience is getting thin. My wife said let's give it one more week so we will wait until next Friday before we do anything.

It will probably take a week for Fedex to deliver the new forms to my wife (I130, G325A and the marriage translation which I paid the lawyer here to do with the original filing). I am going to send all that stuff to my wife on Monday and if nothing changes by Friday then we are going to send everything in to Ankara.

We should have done this from the beginning as the instructions say that 5 days after receiving the documents if everything is in order Ankara will schedule an interview in a few days after that. I am waiting until Friday because that will mark 60 days from the time MSC has received my answer to their RFE. Yes can you believe 60 days on top 103 days we had waited to get the original RFE. Unbelieveable so part of me hopes for the approval and other part says just do the DCF because even after the approval who knows what else they can possibly do to hold it up at NVC. I have absolutely no confidence in BCIS and it pisses me off because I pay a great amount of taxes both personally and in my corporations and to be treated like this is crazy.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi T,

Do you know by any chance if Ankara will do a DCF for an Iranian citizen? I'm wondering if by some chance our K1 interview doesn't get good results, if DCF for us would be an option.

Thanks,
Rene
I think they would because the instructions include both Turkish and Iranian citizens.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes...waiting is painful. I hope you will hear good news soon. FEDEX have 2 days delivery. Another options you can use UPS or Airborne Express.

One thing DCF is great because your wife doesn't have to deal with all kinds of forms for Adjustment of Status. She even can work without having hassle to apply EAD.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:03 pm
won't be long now!

I still have not left because each week I say to myself one more week, one more week and we will have the approval. I still have my open ticket but my patience is getting thin. My wife said let's give it one more week so we will wait until next Friday before we do anything.

It will probably take a week for Fedex to deliver the new forms to my wife (I130, G325A and the marriage translation which I paid the lawyer here to do with the original filing). I am going to send all that stuff to my wife on Monday and if nothing changes by Friday then we are going to send everything in to Ankara.

We should have done this from the beginning as the instructions say that 5 days after receiving the documents if everything is in order Ankara will schedule an interview in a few days after that. I am waiting until Friday because that will mark 60 days from the time MSC has received my answer to their RFE. Yes can you believe 60 days on top 103 days we had waited to get the original RFE. Unbelieveable so part of me hopes for the approval and other part says just do the DCF because even after the approval who knows what else they can possibly do to hold it up at NVC. I have absolutely no confidence in BCIS and it pisses me off because I pay a great amount of taxes both personally and in my corporations and to be treated like this is crazy.
Well dude! Your definately riding that same ole horse I have been on for the same time..

It does get very hard to hear your wife crying for you, and your so freaking helpless here, running out of words to comfort her. Only getting more pissed at this system that our Gov has set for us ( US Tax Payers) to live by. They didnt say that we have to be happy with it, because I am NOT!

When I do get in Germany, we plan on going to Frankfurt and filing DCF. We will call and make an appointment for the time when I will be there.

We share the same emotions for sure! Good luck..

You never know? Could this be our week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.