Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF in New Delhi - I-130 Approved!!

Wikiposts

DCF in New Delhi - I-130 Approved!!

Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

jay warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF in New Delhi - I-130 Approved!!

Hi Mickey,

Good news is that our DCF petition has been accepted at New Delhi consulate on last Firday. And now we are waiting for Packet 3, which will come with in 60 days as officer told us.

Mickey, K1 (fiancee visa) is entirely a different process. That is meant only for engaged people, who will have to get married in USA with in 90 days, after reaching there.

DCF is only merreid people. this is the shortest and safest route to get enter in USA. Because you don't have to file for AOS & EO after reaching there.

Hope this nfo will update you regarding this.

jat
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

mickey79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jay warrior
Hi Mickey,

Good news is that our DCF petition has been accepted at New Delhi consulate on last Firday. And now we are waiting for Packet 3, which will come with in 60 days as officer told us.

Mickey, K1 (fiancee visa) is entirely a different process. That is meant only for engaged people, who will have to get married in USA with in 90 days, after reaching there.

DCF is only merreid people. this is the shortest and safest route to get enter in USA. Because you don't have to file for AOS & EO after reaching there.

Hope this nfo will update you regarding this.

jat
Jay,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good news there.

From what i have gathered over the people i have been in touch with, Packet 3 arrives in about 30 days from the date of petition, and once you've sent back the DS 230 & Checklist, the Packet 4 arrives in about another 30 days from that. The Packet 4 has the Interview Date which is usually a week from when you recieve it.

I'm sorry, i confused K1 with K4 actually.

Well take care and Stay Great!

Mickey
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Purvi,

I'm hoping you can help me out on this one.. i'm making another new post about this issue as well..

I am not exactly sure but somehow my memory tells me that i read about this somewhere quite a while back..
Is the entire Affidavit of Support Forms & Documents supposed to be sealed & sent by my wife.. which ONLY the Embassy is allowed to open??

My wife has already sent me all her papers, documents, supporting documents & the I-864 forms.. alongwith a copy of all her original documents for me to keep just in case. But she didn't send it sealed and i have opened them. Is that alright? Or like the Medican Examination Report packet, only the Embassy people are supposed to open it??

Secondly, she made 2 minor mistakes in the forms.. in numbers. I plan to white-out the number and correct the figure.. is that going to be a problem??

Please advise as soon as you can. My interview is on the 19th february.. i have just two weeks left and if things need to be changed my wife will have to send me the Form all over again from US.

Thanks a ton!

Mickey.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:49 am
Just Joined

nitin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mickey79
Purvi,

I'm hoping you can help me out on this one.. i'm making another new post about this issue as well..

I am not exactly sure but somehow my memory tells me that i read about this somewhere quite a while back..
Is the entire Affidavit of Support Forms & Documents supposed to be sealed & sent by my wife.. which ONLY the Embassy is allowed to open??

My wife has already sent me all her papers, documents, supporting documents & the I-864 forms.. alongwith a copy of all her original documents for me to keep just in case. But she didn't send it sealed and i have opened them. Is that alright? Or like the Medican Examination Report packet, only the Embassy people are supposed to open it??

Secondly, she made 2 minor mistakes in the forms.. in numbers. I plan to white-out the number and correct the figure.. is that going to be a problem??

Please advise as soon as you can. My interview is on the 19th february.. i have just two weeks left and if things need to be changed my wife will have to send me the Form all over again from US.

Thanks a ton!

Mickey.
Hey DCF Guru's, Please help which option is the best for me -

I am in love with a girl in india and we both want to marry. (have parents consent)
Its our first marriage and have never been convicted of any crime.
Given that, which option, out of DCF and K3, should be the safest and quickest in our case. ? As far my preference goes, I want to go DCF route but her family is worried what if she doesn't get the visa or gets rejected since dcf is entirely a favor us embassy is doing to USC. Is Delhi US embassy still entertaining dcf ? Have you guys heard of any new applicants? Can we goto the us embassy and ask whether they are still accepting I-130 ?

What should we do to make sure her application gets accepted and approved ? Do you guys know of anyone whose application wasnt accepted ? Sorry for asking too many questions but I am in a limbo right now. I had thought of going K3 visa route from get go but looking at the processing time now, 9-10 months, I think DCF might be a more sensible option. What do you guys think ?

Please advice
Nitin
Old Feb 8th 2004, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by nitin

I am in love with a girl in india and we both want to marry. (have parents consent)
Given that, which option, out of DCF and K3, should be the safest and quickest in our case. ? As far my preference goes, I want to go DCF route but her family is worried what if she doesn't get the visa or gets rejected since dcf is entirely a favor us embassy is doing to USC. Is Delhi US embassy still entertaining dcf ? Have you guys heard of any new applicants? Can we goto the us embassy and ask whether they are still accepting I-130 ?

What should we do to make sure her application gets accepted and approved ? Do you guys know of anyone whose application wasnt accepted ? Sorry for asking too many questions but I am in a limbo right now. I had thought of going K3 visa route from get go but looking at the processing time now, 9-10 months, I think DCF might be a more sensible option. What do you guys think ?

Please advice
Nitin
Nitin,

Absolutely go with DCF. I do not see a single reason for you not to. If there would be any reason in the world for your wife's Visa to be rejected.. it would be the same using K3 then.

Let me answer your questions..
Quickest & Safest.. DCF. Undoubtedly. We got our interview dates in just 2 months from filing the I-130.
Yes the New Delhi Embassy still accepts I-130 Applications and will continue doing so unless something changes, i don't forsee it in the near future.
I dont' know of anyone who's application wasn't accepted.. as far as what to do.. just simply follow the instructions you get.
Go to the Embassy and pick up the I-130.. you get instructions papers with it about what you have to produce at the I-130 Filing Interview. Just have everything ready with you.. they are fairly simple things. In case you have any doubts at that time, you can make a post and we can help you out.
Once your I-130 is filed & approved.. which happens the same day... you'll get the necassary documents in a month or two from the Embassy.. and the interview date.
All you have to do is make sure you have all your documents in proper order and have all the things the Embassy is asking of you. There is no need of anything else but what they ask of you.

DCF is the best route.. go for it. I would not suggest any other way.

Dominor,
Mickey
Old Feb 8th 2004, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Nitin,

Absolutely go with DCF. I do not see a single reason for you not to. If there would be any reason in the world for your wife's Visa to be rejected.. it would be the same using K3 then.

Let me answer your questions..
Quickest & Safest.. DCF. Undoubtedly. We got our interview dates in just 2 months from filing the I-130.
Yes the New Delhi Embassy still accepts I-130 Applications and will continue doing so unless something changes, i don't forsee it in the near future.
I dont' know of anyone who's application wasn't accepted.. as far as what to do.. just simply follow the instructions you get.
Go to the Embassy and pick up the I-130.. you get instructions papers with it about what you have to produce at the I-130 Filing Interview. Just have everything ready with you.. they are fairly simple things. In case you have any doubts at that time, you can make a post and we can help you out.
Once your I-130 is filed & approved.. which happens the same day... you'll get the necassary documents in a month or two from the Embassy.. and the interview date.
All you have to do is make sure you have all your documents in proper order and have all the things the Embassy is asking of you. There is no need of anything else but what they ask of you.

DCF is the best route.. go for it. I would not suggest any other way.

Dominor,
Mickey
Thanks a lot mickey for a quick response. Couple of more questions ? please

How long after marriage should we wait before going to us embassy to file the application ? Do we have to go honeymoon ?

Also, should i write my us address as the permanent address on the application ?

Big marrige cermonry or small ?

Can my girl friend go pick up the application from the embassy ?

I will become a USC on 20th of feb. do you think I should wait some time before getting married ?

You might disagree on my definition of couple, but so many questions man, and top of that she and her family are worried too, so have to clear everyones doubt.

Thanks a lot
Nitin
Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

sunil is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen buddy, you obviously have a lot to research. Why don't you use one of your weekends and go through the posts here. You'll get your answers, and it'll help you generate some good questions.
Here's a snapshot anyway. You need to be a USC to apply for DCF, may apply right after marriage, bigger wedding the better, all forms are downloadable and fillable, current DCF timeline approx. 2 months in Delhi, You need to apply along with your wife, etc etc.
There is a lot more preparation that is needed of you, so i would suggest you roll up your sleeves and start digging this site.
Good Luck!!!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot mickey for a quick response. Couple of more questions ? please

How long after marriage should we wait before going to us embassy to file the application ? Do we have to go honeymoon ?

Also, should i write my us address as the permanent address on the application ?

Big marrige cermonry or small ?

Can my girl friend go pick up the application from the embassy ?

I will become a USC on 20th of feb. do you think I should wait some time before getting married ?

You might disagree on my definition of couple, but so many questions man, and top of that she and her family are worried too, so have to clear everyones doubt.

Thanks a lot
Nitin
Nitin,

Sunil's right.. you have to certainly do a lot more digging and this forum is a good place to begin. Get all your information organized so you don't miss out on anything. Its' always good to be well equipped. DCF definately requires all prompt & accurate information.

You definately need to be a USC to apply for DCF, and you can apply right away, not a problem. I applied just a couple of weeks after my wedding
There is no "honeymoon" requirement for DCF.

Your US address would be your permanent address on the application if that's where you are staying permanently. But check up on that further.

The bigger the wedding ceremony is always better, but if everything is in order, i dont' forsee any problem if it's not very grand. My wedding had about 50 attendees. Didn't really have a problem. Although we did have a very large Reception later.
The wedding ceremony photos are most important.. especially the ones which show the religious rituals (like 7 pheras).

Your girlfriend can go pick up the application from the Embassy but you both have to go together, in person, when filing the I-130. After that she can go alone for the final interview which should be 2 months from filing the I-130.

I don't see any reason for waiting after becoming a USC, for the marriage.. but again, check up on that further.

I can understand if her parents are concerned.. which is all the more reasons for you to dig up the necassary information so you do the thing right. If what you find is something you don't see a problem with, just go with DCF because it is safe and quick..

Stay Great
Mickey
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Please advice
Nitin
I actually meant K1 (fiancee) not K3. Do you guys still think DCF is much better option. ?

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

I actually meant K1 (fiancee) not K3. Do you guys still think DCF is much better option. ?

Thanks
Absolutely.
K1, K3, Whatever - DCF rules!

Mickey
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Absolutely.

Mickey
Hey Mickey, sorry to bother you again. Really appreciate your valuable advice. I was wondering if its ok with you, if I could have my fiancee get in touch with you to talk to you about DCF. Talking to a person who has experience really helps and would sure help to clear up some doubts she has about DCF.

I read somewhere that you work in noida, it just happens that my fiancee also lives in noida. Let me know if this is ok with you ? You can mail me your contact info at [email protected]

Hopefully I am not prodruding my limits overe here.

Thanks a lot,
Nitin
Old Feb 10th 2004, 10:47 am
Just Joined

mickmosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely.

Mickey
Hi Mickey,
I have been following the forums on this site for the past week or so. Thanks to all you guys for posting your experiences.
I got married on January 16, 2004 and filed the I-130 at the US Embassy in New Delhi on January 23, 2004. I saw your timeline and it seems like you got your interview call in about 2 months. I have a couple of questions:
1). Do I have to wait to get a notification from INSthat I-130 has been filed and use the copy of that notification to file I129F or can I use a copy of the payment receipt from the US Embassy New Delhi that I got when I filed the I-130?
2). Your timeline reflects just 3 dates. Did your spouse file for the I129F as well? If yes, what were the timelines for that?

Thanks for your help. I will keep on posting with any updates as and when I have them. All the best to everyone.

Mick
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

sunil is an unknown quantity at this point

I find your filing procedure confusing. Did you file with your spouse and went through the interview? If yes, then you do not have to file anything else. Wait for communication from the embassy. They may send you packet 3 or may skip that and send you packet 4.
Timeline for Mickey and myself was around 2 months. This is surprisingly quick, given that normal duration is 3 months.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickmosh
1). Do I have to wait to get a notification from INSthat I-130 has been filed and use the copy of that notification to file I129F or can I use a copy of the payment receipt from the US Embassy New Delhi that I got when I filed the I-130?
Mick, with DCF there will be no I-129f or K3 visa. If you are filing I-130 at the Consulate (which you say you did), once it is approved, your spouse can apply for an Immigrant Visa, a different critter than what most here are applying for.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

mickmosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunil
I find your filing procedure confusing. Did you file with your spouse and went through the interview? If yes, then you do not have to file anything else. Wait for communication from the embassy. They may send you packet 3 or may skip that and send you packet 4.
Timeline for Mickey and myself was around 2 months. This is surprisingly quick, given that normal duration is 3 months.
Hi Sunil,
I did file with my spouse and went through the interview. Our petition was approved but I thought that I am supposed to receive some sort of notification from INS via snail mail and I have to use the copy of that as an attachment to my I129F. Yours' and Mickey's timeline does not reflect anything about I129F. I am sorry for sounding ignorant but here's what I thought the process was:
1). I-130 sent to INS (in our case, we did DCF)
2). I-129F sent to INS with the proof that I-130 is filed
3). INS sends the documents to NVC and then they are sent to the US Embassy that will be conducting the interview
4). Embassy sends the appointment date to the spouse.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.