Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF in New Delhi - I-130 Approved!!

Wikiposts

DCF in New Delhi - I-130 Approved!!

Old Dec 26th 2003, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

mickey79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF in New Delhi - I-130 Approved!!

Originally posted by sunil
Mickey,
We were interviewed on the same day you guys did. There were about six couples and i think you were among them.
Ours were a breeze. no question asked. We are still waiting for our approval letter.
Sunil,
You the person who was sitting next to us? I think i had asked you at the Cashier's window where you from and you had said New Jersey... right?

And there were about 14 couple actually because some were coming in later as well. The Nuber ID had gone up to 28 towards later.

Good to have you here though.

Cheers,
Mickey
Old Dec 26th 2003, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jay warrior
Hi Mickey

1). From where did you get your Police Clearance Certificate? Did the station already know what you're asking from them?

I have to get it from Haryana...from my native place....but in police station they know what we are asking for. Specially in Noida cuz lot of ppl are going to them to get it. So don't worry....just go there and they will tell you how to do. You need to get one from Regional passport office. for this you just need to meet Mr. Chandel ( i wrote qbout him to you but in another post..if u didn't read that i am telling his address again. In Atta Market, near Aggarwal sweets..just look up...near by u will find a board written PASSPORT in Big capital letters. it is his office) . He is certified agent formMOE. but again it is up to you, if you want to do it by yourself you can do it...but y i am refering this person cuz he has very good links in Gaziabad passport Office...he would make it quite easy. I also took his help.

Let me know how it goes or if you want to ask anything else of me.

One more thing...do I need to get all the photostates attested at the time of presenting it to officer?

for next week mostly i will be on leave..if u want to know any thing about PCC you can contact me on above email id. Just FYI I am working in Noida at present.

[email protected]
Jay,
Thanks a lot.
Getting the Police Clearance Certificate from the Police Commissioner here won't be a problem... i know people in that area here ... as for the Certificate from the Ghaziabad Passport Office, i'm definately heading for Mr. Chandel in Atta Market, as you told me. Thanks a lot for that.

For the DCF Filing, you dont' need to get anything attested. We did not have a single thing attested. The Marriage Certificate is the only Registered Document, other things are just photocopies of your original documents.

Cool that you're in Noida. I'll keep your email handy and might get in touch with you there.

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Mickey
Old Dec 26th 2003, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Astrum!

I forgot to ask something ...

1) Is there somewhere i can get the DS Form 230 Part I & The Checklist from, over the internet, just to view the contents?

2) Can i get the PCC already from the Police Station & the Passport Office, or do i have to wait for the Packet 3 to arrive? Can i just go to the concerned places and ask them for the Certificate right away? Is there anything particular that is required in these Certificates, or the issuing athorities know what they have to give?

Thanks,
Mickey
Old Dec 26th 2003, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

sunil is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that was me!!!
I already had my DS-230 forms filled out and and ready to submit but the fella who interviewed us would not take it from us. He asked us to wait.
The forms are downloadable from the US embassy website in delhi.
My wife's going to wait until the appt. letter arrives before she applies for PCC. A little something will then speed up the PCC process.
Let me know when you recieve your approval letter. I am getting impatient with mine :-)
Old Dec 26th 2003, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that was me!!!
I already had my DS-230 forms filled out and and ready to submit but the fella who interviewed us would not take it from us. He asked us to wait.
The forms are downloadable from the US embassy website in delhi.
My wife's going to wait until the appt. letter arrives before she applies for PCC. A little something will then speed up the PCC process.
Let me know when you recieve your approval letter. I am getting impatient with mine :-)
Sunil,

Hey how you doing? What a pleasant surprise.
Thanks i'll get the DS-230 forms. I'm arranging the PCC as well and my wife is sending me the I864. She's back home in US now... missing each other 2 much..

Should be getting the approval letter soon now, hang in there

Have a great day!
Mickey

Last edited by mickey79; Dec 26th 2003 at 11:31 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

jay warrior is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mickey,

Do we need to get I-130 notorized or attested before going to apprear in Embassy...do they check for 3 year W2 (Tax Returns) on same day? Please let me know asap...

[email protected]
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jay warrior
Hi Mickey,

Do we need to get I-130 notorized or attested before going to apprear in Embassy...do they check for 3 year W2 (Tax Returns) on same day? Please let me know asap...

[email protected]
Jay,

Hope your'e doing good.
Oh no.. you don't have to get it notarized. Not at all. Only the Marriage Registeration Certificate is notarized, nothing else is. Don't need to notarize I-130 or any other paper.

And no... you won't need the Tax Returns on filing the Petition. You will need that at the time of your Final Interview.. after you have recieved Packet 4 and have an Appointment with the Consulate. At that time you need to carry the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) with which you need the supporting documents like the 3 years tax returns. So don't need to take them now.

Stay Great,
Mickey
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Titanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mickey79
Jay,

Hope your'e doing good.
Oh no.. you don't have to get it notarized. Not at all. Only the Marriage Registeration Certificate is notarized, nothing else is. Don't need to notarize I-130 or any other paper.

And no... you won't need the Tax Returns on filing the Petition. You will need that at the time of your Final Interview.. after you have recieved Packet 4 and have an Appointment with the Consulate. At that time you need to carry the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) with which you need the supporting documents like the 3 years tax returns. So don't need to take them now.

Stay Great,
Mickey
Guys, I am also thinking of going both the K1 and DCF route. Was wondering if you could answer a question .

For DCF, Would a arya samaj wedding suffice or would I have to go thru the big wedding ?

Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Get a big wedding for a hassle free DCF. One of the question to us was, how many people were at the wedding? And you need to take pictures to prove that as well.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Titanz
Guys, I am also thinking of going both the K1 and DCF route. Was wondering if you could answer a question .

For DCF, Would a arya samaj wedding suffice or would I have to go thru the big wedding ?

Thanks
Titanz,

Big Wedding is always preferable.. but not a must.
Arya Samaj Wedding woud suffice. We had an Arya Samaj Wedding and had about 40-50 people attending the ceremony. There was no problems at all and no concerns about it.

Are you planning a Reception thereafter? It's always good to have a large gathering, it can be in a Reception too.

Why ae you going with K1 if you're going with DCF?

Stay great,
Mickey
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Get a big wedding for a hassle free DCF. One of the question to us was, how many people were at the wedding? And you need to take pictures to prove that as well.
Sunil,

Did you hear from the consulate as yet? Any word on the Packet 3 yet?

Mickey
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Nothing so far. When we called, they said it will take a month to month and half for us to recieve packet 3. Wierd, when we were already told by the interviewing officer that it'll take only a week for the approval letter.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Nothing so far. When we called, they said it will take a month to month and half for us to recieve packet 3. Wierd, when we were already told by the interviewing officer that it'll take only a week for the approval letter.
Sunil,

Well that's horrible. Doesn't help our cause.
What i found out was that Letter of Approval comes alongwith the Packet 3.. but i was told Packet 3 arrives in about 20 - 25 days from date of petition.

Month or Month & Half is not cool. Well, just got to wait.

I do know that Christmas & New Year's holidays came in between our case... these days the Consulate is closed... so that delays things a bit. But i hope not too much.

Stay great,
Mickey
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Now that it's past the 10th of january, wife's interview date would be around march. that's two months from now!! dang!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Now that it's past the 10th of january, wife's interview date would be around march. that's two months from now!! dang!
I hear you man.
Big DANG!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.