DCF London Processing

Old Jan 19th 2021, 9:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by eddiewww
What payment are you referring too exactly?
The payment he refers to is not applicable in a K-1 visa process.

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2021, 8:38 am
Just Joined

eddiewww is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The payment he refers to is not applicable in a K-1 visa process.

Rene
Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Sugarfreeuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody had issues traveling to the US to activate the visa? Given travel restrictions etc?
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarfreeuzzy
Has anybody had issues traveling to the US to activate the visa? Given travel restrictions etc?
None at all. Travelled over 2 weeks ago to activate mine and had no issues.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by os306
None at all. Travelled over 2 weeks ago to activate mine and had no issues.
Did you book a Covid test at the airport before departing or get one elsewhere?
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

I can't see any exemption for someone with an IR1 Visa to travel to the us:
  • British nationals cannot enter the USA and its territories if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil, China, or (as of 30 January 2021) South Africa within the previous 14 days
I see exemptions for some visa's but nothing for IR1
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

jonUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I travelled in January to activate my IR1 visa. No problems at all.

I travelled with my wife and three kids. Did rapid tests at the airport (booked ahead) which meant getting to the airport around 6hrs before the flight. My IR1 visa was initially questioned at check-in but a supervisor reviewed the entry in my passport and confirmed it was ok.

At the point of boarding my flight I was asked to produce my marriage certificate, not something I thought I would need. I did have a copy on my phone that I could show. They called Homeland Security who confirmed it was not needed.

On the US side it took about twenty minutes for border control to review my white envelope etc. They indicated the physical green card would take between 6-9months to arrive, it arrived in 5 weeks. My social security number also arrived in around 2 weeks.

Remember to pay the USCIS Fee (I did this after I arrived in US but looks like it can be done ahead of time): https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/after...immigrant-fee/

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonUK

I travelled with my wife and three kids. Did rapid tests at the airport (booked ahead) which meant getting to the airport around 6hrs before the flight. My IR1 visa was initially questioned at check-in but a supervisor reviewed the entry in my passport and confirmed it was ok.

At the point of boarding my flight I was asked to produce my marriage certificate, not something I thought I would need. I did have a copy on my phone that I could show. They called Homeland Security who confirmed it was not needed.

On the US side it took about twenty minutes for border control to review my white envelope etc. They indicated the physical green card would take between 6-9months to arrive, it arrived in 5 weeks. My social security number also arrived in around 2 weeks.

Remember to pay the USCIS Fee (I did this after I arrived in US but looks like it can be done ahead of time): https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/after...immigrant-fee/

Thanks

Great to know thank you, I fly out in 7 weeks, random question how full was the flight you were on?
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

jonUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Flight out had around 90 people on there. Flight back to UK around 70. so pretty empty. Would say it was around 60% full. Was able to spread out and claim a few extra seats both ways.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonUK

Thanks
Congrats on making it over hassle-free! I had a similar experience, although I was not at any point asked to produce my marriage certificate. The people at Virgin/Delta check-in at Heathrow weren't sure about the visa and whether I was permitted to travel. I had to wait about 20 minutes until the Homeland Security representative arrived at 8am; he took one look at the envelope and said "IR1? Yeah you're good". Because I was travelling alone, on the US side things didn't take long at all. I wasn't asked to provide any fingerprints, which I thought was interesting since other's accounts have mentioned having to provide this. I wasn't given an indication of when my physical green card would arrive, but was anticipating waiting a few months. Surprised/impressed to see yours arrived so quickly.

Originally Posted by Sugarfreeuzzy
I can't see any exemption for someone with an IR1 Visa to travel to the us:
  • British nationals cannot enter the USA and its territories if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil, China, or (as of 30 January 2021) South Africa within the previous 14 days
I see exemptions for some visa's but nothing for IR1
Spouses of US citizens are exempt from the Presidential Proclaimation. Your IR1 visa in your passport actually states this too.

Old Mar 9th 2021, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Mattw7 is an unknown quantity at this point

We finally arrived in the US yesterday, thanks all for the guidance!

We are trying to change the address for the Visa to be sent to but can't seem to find an option anywhere to do this. Can someone advise how to do it please? Also, is my wife's social security number sent out automatically or do we need to apply for it?

Thanks again.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 1:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are already in the USA, there is no visa involved anymore. Are you referring to the plastic green card? If so, then the address should have been verified with the officer at the POE, that was your chance to change it.

If the box was ticked to have the SS card automatically issued, sometimes that works, sometimes not. Give it a while to see if the card shows up. If it doesn't then apply in person.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2021, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

If you didnt give your new address at POE then you need to update USCIS How to Change Your Address | USCIS

Also worth getting USPS to forward mail from the old address to the new one. They also take pictures of your mail so you can hopefully see it there as well.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Not sure if anyone can help, I entered the US recently as the final step in activating the IR1 - all good. I used to be in the US on an L1b visa for work in 2017 (expired when I changed job and moved back to UK) at the time I was given a social security number. Will that old SSN still be valid for me now? Or do I need to apply for a completely new SSN and if so do I need to wait for the greencard in the post or can I use the passport visa page?
Old Apr 15th 2021, 6:08 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Your SSN is yours for life, so yes, you can use the one you already have, however you need to go to your local SSA office with your passport and show them your endorsed (stamped) visa page to get yourstatus updated in the SSA system and to get a new card without any restriction printed on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.