British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF London Processing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-london-processing-931937/)

stuwoolf Mar 27th 2020 5:31 pm

DCF London Processing

From the USCIS website

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/

Processing Times

As of Friday, March 27, 2020, we are processing petitions filed on February 19, 2020.

We continue to aim to process I-130 petitions within 90 days of the filing date.

This webpage will be taken down at close of business on March 31, 2020, as the USCIS London Field Office will not accept any new I-130 filings postmarked after March 31, 2020. If you have filed your I-130 with USCIS London by the March 31 deadline, please allow 90 days for USCIS London to process your I-130. For any status updates outside of the 90 day processing time, or for other inquiries, please email us at [email protected].

os306 Mar 28th 2020 12:01 am

Re: DCF London Processing

Cheers Stuwoolf! I guess we're nearing the end of the London DCF route.

Keeping my fingers crossed that even if I haven't received notification that my credit card has been charged before the 31st of March, at least I have confirmation that Royal Mail delivered our package well in advance of this (and hence the postmark date would be before the deadline).

Mattw7 Mar 28th 2020 12:19 pm

I filed our I-130 online on 22 March and put London as the office. Does that still qualify us for DCF? Our credit card payment has been taken.

stuwoolf Mar 28th 2020 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mattw7 (Post 12828518)
I filed our I-130 online on 22 March and put London as the office. Does that still qualify us for DCF? Our credit card payment has been taken.

Isnt the cut off date March 31st? As I understand it, anything received before that date will be handled in London. I understand the Visa Section at USE London is remaining in place. Once the "Submissions Section" people at USE London complete their input to the process the application is passed to the Visa Section for onward processing.

Hopefully a more informed member of this Group will verify or correct what I say here.

os306 Mar 28th 2020 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by stuwoolf (Post 12828520)
Isnt the cut off date March 31st? As I understand it, anything received before that date will be handled in London. I understand the Visa Section at USE London is remaining in place. Once the "Submissions Section" people at USE London complete their input to the process the application is passed to the Visa Section for onward processing.

Hopefully a more informed member of this Group will verify or correct what I say here.

I believe you are correct in that the Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in London will continue to remain in place and the only thing that is going away is the USCIS Field Office itself (which will officially shut its doors sometime this summer). However, for any I-130 petitions that are postmarked before March 31st, USCIS will process these and hand-deliver the approved petitions to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in London.

What I'm slightly confused by from Mattw7's post is that I don't think you can file an I-130 petition online via the DCF route at the London USCIS. I was always under the impression that London DCF petitions had to be physically mailed in (see this thread:
https://www.immihelp.com/forum/immig...isiting-london). Therefore, I believe that their petition is going to be processed by the Nebraska Service Center, and not the London Office, but I could be wrong here.

Mattw7 Mar 28th 2020 3:07 pm

What I'm slightly confused by from Mattw7's post is that I don't think you can file an I-130 petition online via the DCF route at the London USCIS. I was always under the impression that London DCF petitions had to be physically mailed in (see this thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/immig...isiting-london). Therefore, I believe that their petition is going to be processed by the Nebraska Service Center, and not the London Office, but I could be wrong here.

This was the question I was hoping to get answered definitively. We filled out the form I-130 online with the expectation that it would be directed to London fill out a DCF. We listed the consulate as London but clearly this doesn’t look like it is enough unfortunately. I’ve emailed the London office to see if it is possible to transfer to London before 31 March. I don’t suppose anyone has had direct experience with this situation at all but please?

os306 Mar 28th 2020 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mattw7 (Post 12828589)
What I'm slightly confused by from Mattw7's post is that I don't think you can file an I-130 petition online via the DCF route at the London USCIS. I was always under the impression that London DCF petitions had to be physically mailed in (see this thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/immig...isiting-london). Therefore, I believe that their petition is going to be processed by the Nebraska Service Center, and not the London Office, but I could be wrong here.

This was the question I was hoping to get answered definitively. We filled out the form I-130 online with the expectation that it would be directed to London fill out a DCF. We listed the consulate as London but clearly this doesn’t look like it is enough unfortunately. I’ve emailed the London office to see if it is possible to transfer to London before 31 March. I don’t suppose anyone has had direct experience with this situation at all but please?

Good luck to you. It would have been much better if their instructions were clearer, but I suppose it's a moot point now that they are going to be shutting down.

stuwoolf Mar 28th 2020 3:41 pm

My understanding is DCF London applications must be mailed in hard copy to USE London.

Isnt that stipulated in the Checklist?

os306 Mar 30th 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Mattw7 (Post 12828589)

Out of interest, did you hear back from the London office? I suppose you could consider preparing all your documents today and sending off a hard copy to the US Embassy via next day delivery before tomorrow's deadline (DCF will cease to exist after tomorrow). Then try and contact NVC to see if they can cancel your electronic petition. Unfortunately, I have no direct experience with this to be able to give you a first hand account!

Rete Mar 30th 2020 12:31 pm

Hopefully you made a copy of the I-130. If your money (check/credit card) has not been taken yet, cancel it and reapply via overnight delivery to the proper London address.

Mattw7 Mar 30th 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks both, that’s what we did over the weekend and got the hard copy forms ready in case.

The embassy came back to me just now and said I could cancel the existing application and refile directly in London. Just sent the forms so we have at least started the process, who knows how long it will take as their email also said they are running much slower because of Coronavirus at the moment.

thanks for the advice.

stuwoolf Apr 8th 2020 11:23 am

Been thinking about DCF London suggesting they still intend to complete within the 90 days. I hope they can. It will be a brave effort.

Go DCF London!

os306 Apr 9th 2020 12:12 am

Originally Posted by stuwoolf (Post 12835236)
Been thinking about DCF London suggesting they still intend to complete within the 90 days. I hope they can. It will be a brave effort.

Go DCF London!

Amen to that, Stuwoolf!

That being said, I have been checking my credit card balance pretty much daily and unfortunately, my card has still not been charged yet. I have a nasty feeling hat my petition envelope is sitting in a mailroom somewhere and hasn't been touched since it arrived on the 18th of March :(

stuwoolf Apr 9th 2020 4:55 am

Originally Posted by os306 (Post 12835743)
Amen to that, Stuwoolf!

That being said, I have been checking my credit card balance pretty much daily and unfortunately, my card has still not been charged yet. I have a nasty feeling hat my petition envelope is sitting in a mailroom somewhere and hasn't been touched since it arrived on the 18th of March :(

Not sure if the DCFL/Visa staff come under the category of "Essential Workers". If not I would expect them all to be at home. Maybe at least some are working from home?

Good luck.

stuwoolf Apr 25th 2020 11:29 am

Dont know if this is relevant but fingers crossed🙂

Got this from USCIS Homepage

https://www.uscis.gov

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended routine in-person services to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS plans to begin reopening our offices on or after June 4, unless the public closures are extended further. USCIS staff are continuing to perform duties that do not involve face-to-face contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment, contact the USCIS Contact Center.