DCF London Now What?

Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:48 am
Just Joined

chrisstephwelch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London Now What?

I just sent my I130, g325a, and all supporting documents a few days ago. The money has been taken off of the credit card. Now what do I do, do I wait for a letter from the embassy, can I ago ahead and file the next set of forms, what are the next set of forms? I read about a DS-230, OF-230, and OF-69. Which of these forms will I have to file next, can I go ahead and file them, and if I can where do they get sent? I am a USC and my husband is a UKC and we both live in the UK.

Thank You for any help you can offer.

Stephanie

All of this is so confusing!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DCF London Now What?

Originally posted by chrisstephwelch
I just sent my I130, g325a, and all supporting documents a few days ago. The money has been taken off of the credit card. Now what do I do, do I wait for a letter from the embassy, can I ago ahead and file the next set of forms, what are the next set of forms? I read about a DS-230, OF-230, and OF-69. Which of these forms will I have to file next, can I go ahead and file them, and if I can where do they get sent? I am a USC and my husband is a UKC and we both live in the UK.

Stephanie

You are going to have to wait for the approval from the US DHS in London. They will send your husband the above named forms together with other instructions (i.e. medical, police certificates). For now. You just have to wait for their reply. However, your husband might just go ahead and request his police certificate right now as it takes about 40 days to arrive. When you have received all the forms and the approval from the embassy your husband will have to contact them for an interview date. Keep in mind that the required security checks do take time. However, there's a great chance that your husband will have an immigrant visa in his passport in 1 to 3 months! Unlike me, as a Russian citizen I have to wait from 9 to 11 months to get approved by the US embassy in Moscow.

Good luck! The US embassy in London are quite fast in their processing.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

Stephanie

See my timeline...it's not so confusing if you read the instructions carefully.
Good luck
Old Nov 15th 2003, 6:27 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Stephanie

It took our packet 3 exactly 3 weeks to come after we sent my initial documents to the London Embassy, you then get your first NOA which states that the dept homeland security has sent your application downstairs to the immigration dept, they also send you a reciept for your credit card, a couple of days later you will recieve packet 3. You can get the ball rolling before by contacting your local constabulary and requesting your police cert form, it will cost you £10 when you have completed it, it takes about a month to come back. Most of all don't worry as long as they have taken your money it will be soon, there is not much of a backlog and the whole process should be about a 3-4 months.
Good Luck