Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - how long does USC need to live in UK for before applying?

DCF London - how long does USC need to live in UK for before applying?

Old Mar 14th 2005, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

topgooser will become famous soon enough
Default DCF London - how long does USC need to live in UK for before applying?

I found this quote regarding DCF on the London US Embassy website.

"Immediate Relative Immigrant Petitions (Form I-130):
The London immigration office at the U.S. Embassy in London accepts I-130 petitions by post if the petitioner (U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States) is presently residing in the United Kingdom. Proof of residence in the UK should be submitted with the petition. A petitioner residing outside the United Kingdom should file Form I-130 on behalf of an alien relative at the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over the petitioner's residence in the United States."

Currently residing - I know its a grey area - but what are your takes on whats acceptable and whats not?

I know there is talk of people being denied based on short amount of time spent in the UK - but what does this constitute?

Could I (UK citizen) get married in the usa and move back here with my then wife (on a VAF2 settlement visa) and then once she was working and earning some money - apply for DCF after say 3 months?

If I did this what is the liklehood of success - just interested thats all?

As it seems to be a very subjective thing?

What are your thoughts oh learned ones?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - how long does USC need to live in UK for before applying?

You must have ILR to apply through embassy. So 3 yrs.

"Where do I file the petition? The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in London accepts I-130 petitions from U.S. Citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. Citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered the United Kingdom as a temporary visitor/student/or with limited leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom, must file the petition with the appropriate USCIS Service Center in the United States."

The 1st 2 yrs of marriage are on a limited leave to remain visa. Most people had the same idea as you and they changed the rule within the past yr b/c they had so many applications.