DCF London

Old Feb 24th 2020, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London

Originally Posted by swedey2k
Many of us here are the same. For what its worth i found the US process much clearer, more efficient, and more user friendly (and mich cheaper!) than the UK process.
I am so pleased you said that. All the points you mention are spot on. Dont understand why UK system is so difficult.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Is it necessary to include a letter from my friend of 30 years outlining his view that my USC wife and I have a bona fide marriage? We have been married more than 2 years and have a number of documents which show my wife and I live at the same address, we have a joint bank account to which both my wife and I contribute to pay bills etc along with letters showing joint names on utiloties bills and various insurances on which my wife is named.

Grateful for any views on this.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 2:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Is it necessary to include a letter from my friend of 30 years outlining his view that my USC wife and I have a bona fide marriage? We have been married more than 2 years and have a number of documents which show my wife and I live at the same address, we have a joint bank account to which both my wife and I contribute to pay bills etc along with letters showing joint names on utiloties bills and various insurances on which my wife is named.

Grateful for any views on this.
No, it's not necessary.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2020, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, it's not necessary.

Rene
Thank you for your reply. Most helpful..
Old Feb 26th 2020, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Well, the deed is done and our papers will arrive at DCF London tomorrow.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

How long should I expect to wait before I receive the stamped addressed envelope (included in the package of papers,) and its contents?

Thanks for this and all the help and guidance offered till now.
Old Feb 29th 2020, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

The Eagle has Landed.....papers were signed for on February 27. Just gotta sit n wait now.

When are we likely to receive something (email? Letter?) from the Embassy?
Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Eagle has Landed.....papers were signed for on February 27. Just gotta sit n wait now.

When are we likely to receive something (email? Letter?) from the Embassy?
"Seek and you will find".......

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...30filing-html/
Old Mar 5th 2020, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Today my USC wife, Petitioner, received an email advising the I-130 has been "properly filed" and the relevant payment has been taken.

The email advises if the I-130 is approved the Petitioner will receive a Notice of Approval (is this the "NOA" I see frequent reference to?) and the I-130 will be passed to the Visa Unit at US Embassy London for further processing. The email advises that the processing time is 90 days or fewer. The email also offers a contact link should we have any questions on Stage 2 (Immigration Visa).

This is very refreshing and so much more helpdul than the UK process.

Fingers crossed for a quick and positive outcome.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 3:57 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to the I-864, the “public charge” rules have changed as of February 24, 2020. For consular processing, form DS-5540 will likely be required. If adjusting in the US, form I-944 will be required.

this brand new so nobody knows how this will really work.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
In addition to the I-864, the “public charge” rules have changed as of February 24, 2020. For consular processing, form DS-5540 will likely be required. If adjusting in the US, form I-944 will be required.

this brand new so nobody knows how this will really work.
For those like myself who are completely unaware of what that is and any impact this may have on a DCF London i-130, could you give more details?

UPDATE: The form DS-5540 appears to be for completion by the Petitioner. Its surprising to me as a non USC to see a form asking about state benefits received. Didnt think USA had such things.

Every day is a school day.........

Last edited by stuwoolf; Mar 5th 2020 at 4:23 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those like myself who are completely unaware of what that is and any impact this may have on a DCF London i-130, could you give more details?

UPDATE: The form DS-5540 appears to be for completion by the Petitioner. Its surprising to me as a non USC to see a form asking about state benefits received. Didnt think USA had such things.

With all these forms they have to cover a variety of circumstances, I have not seen anybody with a normal case have issues. I think it is still much easier to qualify than the say moving to the UK. The law has not changed btw.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 4:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we do. What do you think Welfare, Medicaid or Food Stamps are. They are state benefits.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Of course we do. What do you think Welfare, Medicaid or Food Stamps are. They are state benefits.
To be fair if I relied on the UK media this is an assumption I would make, not sure if I have ever come across an article that explained or tried to explain the differences. I certainly do not understand the nuances, now I have a basic understanding but it took a long time.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 5:01 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

To repeat, this is brand new. I don’t know how this will work in practice.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

From the US Embassy website

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...30filing-html/

Processing Times

"As of Friday, March 6, 2020, we are processing petitions filed on February 4, 2020. The next update will be published on March 13, 2020."

Just to clarify, what is the date for "petitions filed"? Is it the date when I received the email saying the petition had been properly filed or the date the petition was received at US Embassy?

I suspect it will be the date quoted in our email (March 5th), the day payment was taken. Will be grateful for some confirmation from a knowledgable forum user.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Mar 9th 2020 at 4:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.