Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by Roys
i am wondering what happens if the weather is still bad and i cant get down to london for my interview?? eg trains not running and roads dangerous
If you don't make it to the scheduled interview, you'll be considered a no-show, and may have to do the visa application over again.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:07 pm
Banned

Roys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This may seem obvious, but I'm guessing you'll miss your interview... and that would initiate a series of unfortunate events. Plan to get there a day or two early!

Ian
i ment i wondered if there was a way to rebook the appointment due to it being out of my control!!!!

And due to the date and work i cant go down early
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:40 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

i ment i wondered if there was a way to rebook the appointment due to it being out of my control!!!!

Probably providing you let them know asap you are not coming. On the other hand they might decide it isn't out of your control. They might think you can choose to go to work, or go early to make sure you arrive for your appointment.

If you think you aren't going to make it, ask to rebook now to be safe.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can try rebooking by contacting the embassy, but you run a risk of no one getting the message, and you end up missing your appointment. Even if they can rebook it, they'll choose another date for you, and you have to make that one. They don't let you choose your own date at your own convenience.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:57 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Due to work? At the job you're about to quit?

You've got some weird priorities.

Regards, JEff

Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Respectfully, the US government isn't interested in how convenient any of this is for you. You are expected to appear when it's convenient for them... after all, it was you who applied for the immigration benefit. You're the only one who cares whether or not you get the visa... they certainly don't care one way or the other.

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:49 am
Banned

Roys is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks for this info and the work issue is due to the fact i am a store manager and need to get cover, I am not that lucky that i can pay over £150 per night to stay in london (my interview is the day after valantines day), also i dont want my employer to know just incase i dont get my visa and end up not going to the states and unemployed!!!! Ihave to give 4 weeks notice and thats all they are getting so they wont know for at least 4 more weeks.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have reasons for thinking that you might not be granted the visa you should be consulting with a US immigration attorney, if not hiring one. If you're just being a 'nervous Nellie' don't let emotions create needless problems.
... i dont want my employer to know just incase i dont get my visa and end up not going to the states and unemployed!!!!

No, you don't. It may be desireable, especially for the employer, but it is not necessary.
Ihave to give 4 weeks notice and thats all they are getting so they wont know for at least 4 more weeks.
Regards, JEff
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Just a quick question regarding the ds-230.

On the usembassy website it says to complete for each member applying for a visa. As the UKC I will fill this out. However on the actual form it says fill one out for whoever will immigrate with me. Do i need to fill one out for my wife and son who are both USC?

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but as usual I've searched around and can't locate an answer.

Is there step by step instructions for this form?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Just a quick question regarding the ds-230.

On the usembassy website it says to complete for each member applying for a visa. As the UKC I will fill this out. However on the actual form it says fill one out for whoever will immigrate with me. Do i need to fill one out for my wife and son who are both USC?

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but as usual I've searched around and can't locate an answer.

Is there step by step instructions for this form?
You don't. They're USC and so although they may be travelling with you, they are NOT immigrating.

James
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JSL8610
You don't. They're USC and so although they may be travelling with you, they are NOT immigrating.

James
Excellent thanks for that. Feel a bit stupid for asking it but just making sure

Just filling it out at the minute, on q.30 it asks for all previous addresses where you have lived for 6 months. Do i include my university address? Also it only gives you a town/city field to enter data. I have lived at 2 addresses in the same town so how do I record the difference?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent thanks for that. Feel a bit stupid for asking it but just making sure
Never hurts to check. I'm gathering the paperwork at the moment myself and I'm regularly confused by seemingly obvious things

Just filling it out at the minute, on q.30 it asks for all previous addresses where you have lived for 6 months. Do i include my university address? Also it only gives you a town/city field to enter data. I have lived at 2 addresses in the same town so how do I record the difference

I'm not certain on this one, but my approach throughout has been to answer exactly the question asked and no more without trying to interpret the question. Therefore, since there's only space for the city, only give each separate city. If you went to university in another city and lived in that city for at least 6 months then include it. If you went to university in your home city then no need to put the same city in twice.

James
Old Feb 9th 2012, 2:46 pm

You don't. Make 1 entry.

Regards, JEff

Also it only gives you a town/city field to enter data. I have lived at 2 addresses in the same town so how do I record the difference?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:29 pm
ivo
Just Joined

ivo is an unknown quantity at this point

This will be my second green card. We made the poor decision to come back to Scotland in June 2010 so we're having to do it all again. I just had my medical last week and after getting another MMR(!) and a flu jab(?) at my doctor Knightsbridge Doctors said that the embassy will have my medical results by the end of the week. I sent in all the additional forms requested in January. Does anybody have an idea of how quickly I'll get my interview letter?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivo
Does anybody have an idea of how quickly I'll get my interview letter?
It usually takes 4-6 weeks after the medical to get an interview, so probably about 2-3 weeks to get the letter.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.