Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by Kupo
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was thinking of you guys today!

How long was the whole process? did they ask to see loads of stuff?? any gory details?? We are going on the 3rd of Jan CANT WAIT!
Well our timeline from start to finish was 22nd July-19th December, so just short of 5 months!

Well my super efficient wife did all the paperwork, put it in individual folders with post it notes on (I must admit this helped lots when dealing with the admin person at the 1st window)..

So here goes...

Got to London at around 7am, got a taxi from Euston to the embassy, put phone in Goulds, got back to embassy at 7:10, small queue had emerged, showed security my papers waved on through at 7:30am.

Got my number which was I902 (Lots of "N" visa applications!) sat near window 1 as instructed, was called to window 14 which was around the corner! (So much for near window 1, i had to paratically run!)
Had a pleasant elderly gent possibly European, who asked for all the documents, (As previously mentioned, post it notes in folders were great, as wife did not come into embassy), originals and photocopies were taken of everything, birth cert, marriage cert, affadavit, co sponsors details, police cert. Gent then asked for finger prints, was told to pay 2 windows down and asked to wait as the 1st part was over!

Waited all of 30 minutes max and was called to window 17 was greeted by a young blonde American lass who seemed to have a very serious cold/flu! Was told all paperwork seemed in order, was asked where we met, our marriage date, where we would be stopping and what i'd be doing for a job when we got over there. Simple questions, so i gave simple answers. Gave an oath and was told the visa had been granted. Joy oh joy!

Managed to leave the embassy by 9:15am! Very uneventfull!

I think so long as you have all the paperwork, i do not think "you" will have any issues, the staff are pleasant and efficient.

So all in all a very good day, may i thank all the regular posters on here who gave out help and advice during our journey, the support has been great and all of you who are going through the same process, time really does fly and a little preparation saves a lot of time!

Last edited by little-evo; Dec 19th 2011 at 6:11 pm. Reason: Poor speeling!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by little-evo
Well our timeline from start to finish was 22nd July-19th December, so just short of 5 months!

Well my super efficient wife did all the paperwork, put it in individual folders with post it notes on (I must admit this helped lots when dealing with the admin person at the 1st window)..

So here goes...

Got to London at around 7am, got a taxi from Euston to the embassy, put phone in Goulds, got back to embassy at 7:10, small queue had emerged, showed security my papers waved on through at 7:30am.

Got my number which was I902 (Lots of "N" visa applications!) sat near window 1 as instructed, was called to window 14 which was around the corner! (So much for near window 1, i had to paratically run!)
Had a pleasant elderly gent possibly European, who asked for all the documents, (As previously mentioned, post it notes in folders were great, as wife did not come into embassy), originals and photocopies were taken of everything, birth cert, marriage cert, affadavit, co sponsors details, police cert. Gent then asked for finger prints, was told to pay 2 windows down and asked to wait as the 1st part was over!

Waited all of 30 minutes max and was called to window 17 was greeted by a young blonde American lass who seemed to have a very serious cold/flu! Was told all paperwork seemed in order, was asked where we met, our marriage date, where we would be stopping and what i'd be doing for a job when we got over there. Simple questions, so i gave simple answers. Gave an oath and was told the visa had been granted. Joy oh joy!

Managed to leave the embassy by 9:15am! Very uneventfull!

I think so long as you have all the paperwork, i do not think "you" will have any issues, the staff are pleasant and efficient.

So all in all a very good day, may i thank all the regular posters on here who gave out help and advice during our journey, the support has been great and all of you who are going through the same process, time really does fly and a little preparation saves a lot of time!
Hi,
We were there today too! We got there at 8.45am and were number I913. We also went to no. 14 and had older European guy take all paperwork! Then after about another hour we were called to no. 15 and my husband was interviewed by nice youngish American guy with a beard. He asked my husband why he wants to live in America, what work he plans on doing. Asked me how long if ever i'd lived in USA to check my children definitely were not automatically entitled to citizenship and did indeed have to go via this immigrant visa process. He said hello to my children and asked my 8 year old where in USA we are moving to, he replied correctly North Carolina. He asked them if they'd been there, they said no, actually we were there in April! He said he had checked my intent to domicile evidence which was fine. This consisted of emails enquiring about rental homes, schools and shipping quotes.He asked if they liked flying and talked about movies on plane.He asked where my eldest sons dad lives and I swiftly gave him the notarized letter from his dad giving consent for me to take his son to live in US. He said our visas are granted and asked my kids to do funny arm wave thing to get visa, he was fun and friendly to my kids.
You can purchase drinks and snacks in the waitimg area.
We finished at 12pm?
Old Dec 20th 2011, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to the both of you
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Kupo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jukes
Hi,
We were there today too! We got there at 8.45am and were number I913. We also went to no. 14 and had older European guy take all paperwork! Then after about another hour we were called to no. 15 and my husband was interviewed by nice youngish American guy with a beard. He asked my husband why he wants to live in America, what work he plans on doing. Asked me how long if ever i'd lived in USA to check my children definitely were not automatically entitled to citizenship and did indeed have to go via this immigrant visa process. He said hello to my children and asked my 8 year old where in USA we are moving to, he replied correctly North Carolina. He asked them if they'd been there, they said no, actually we were there in April! He said he had checked my intent to domicile evidence which was fine. This consisted of emails enquiring about rental homes, schools and shipping quotes.He asked if they liked flying and talked about movies on plane.He asked where my eldest sons dad lives and I swiftly gave him the notarized letter from his dad giving consent for me to take his son to live in US. He said our visas are granted and asked my kids to do funny arm wave thing to get visa, he was fun and friendly to my kids.
You can purchase drinks and snacks in the waitimg area.
We finished at 12pm?
Hi! Im really happy for both you and Little 'E'!!!! That is great news for both of you!!!!!!! Thanks for the detailed write ups!!!! i cant wait till jan 3rd. i wrote the embassy asking permission for me to go with my UKC husband but havent heard from the yet confirming my request so I will phone the expensive number.... I just cant wait to move over and get some proper SNOW!!! yay!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Congratulations to both of you, what a nice early Christmas present!

Just hope my interview on the 5th goes as well as yours
Old Dec 20th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!
I emailed asking if I could attend with husband, they emailed back saying yes and to bring my passport. They never asked for proof that I had requested this, just wanted the interview date letter sent to my husband and kids once at embassy.
We had all paperwork in order and that seemed to do the job, no horrible shocks! It was not as bad as I'd imagined.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kupo
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

my husbands letter came today and his interview is on Jan 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!

* runs around house screaming head off*
Hurrah - see you there! Just got my appointment letter too . 3rd Jan at 8:30am.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well received a text explaining that the visa would be delivered yesterday between 8-6pm!
Stayed in all day waiting, waiting, turned up last night at 8:45pm!

Now the hard part begins, choosing a suitable date and ridding everything that we own as we are not taking much with us apart from photographs, DVD's and a few pictures!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by little-evo
Well received a text explaining that the visa would be delivered yesterday between 8-6pm!
Stayed in all day waiting, waiting, turned up last night at 8:45pm!

Now the hard part begins, choosing a suitable date and ridding everything that we own as we are not taking much with us apart from photographs, DVD's and a few pictures!!!
Our visas etc arrived yesterday too! We are now just waiting to get our house here rented out so we can pay for rent in US! Also in process of selling off belongings we are not taking with us...enjoy Christmas everyone!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

VMsly07 is an unknown quantity at this point

A good news update my wife received the petition approval letter on Dec 23rd having filed on Sep 28th.

Then on the 24th my SIL joint sponsor received the tax return transcripts my wife requested using the IRS form 4506T method which allows you to have them mailed to a nominated U.S. address. Until now we didn't have proof of her filing for 08/09/10.

I also just booked an MMR shot with my GP and the nurse said she'll enter all my vaccination records on to the system to be printed out

Got to fill out the police check application - am one of those people that opts to do everything electronically and am struggling to find 2 proofs of current address from the past 6 months....
Old Dec 28th 2011, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Evening Folks. Just an update! Hubby is now in possession of his IR-1 Visa YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It came today in the large white plastic bag. Inside was the all important do not open/tamper/destroy large white envelope and his passport with the Visa inside dated Dec 22, 2011 and is valid until June 21, 2012. Also a letter to all new immigrants stating what needs to be done, now, and upon arrival in the USA. We can now set the ball in motion for our journey to Florida .
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Evening Folks. Just an update! Hubby is now in possession of his IR-1 Visa YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It came today in the large white plastic bag. Inside was the all important do not open/tamper/destroy large white envelope and his passport with the Visa inside dated Dec 22, 2011 and is valid until June 21, 2012. Also a letter to all new immigrants stating what needs to be done, now, and upon arrival in the USA. We can now set the ball in motion for our journey to Florida .
fantastic news!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2011, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Daca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really nice

Hi all

Thought I would join in as I am applying in London and wondered if anyone might be able to help.

I don't want to have any vaccinations and it appears that I can apply for a waiver to this requirement on religious or moral grounds using form I-601. Does anyone have any idea if I can apply for this waiver now before my medical and interview or do I have to wait to be denied before applying for the waiver?

Also any ideas on how long it will take for waiver to be processed?

------------------------------
IR1 DCF London

Sent I-130 3/11/2011
Notice of receipt and payment taken 18/11/2011
Old Dec 29th 2011, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daca
Does anyone have any idea if I can apply for this waiver now before my medical and interview or do I have to wait to be denied before applying for the waiver?
You can not apply for a waiver in advance. The visa must be denied first. However, you aren't likely to get an interview until the doctor has signed off on the medical.

Also any ideas on how long it will take for waiver to be processed?
Sometimes, about 2 weeks... sometimes, 8 or 10 months. Also, for the waiver to be granted, you must have documented proof of your religious or moral objections. It won't be sufficient to simply say you don't want them.

Here's something to keep in mind... you might not want any vaccinations, but the US is also not required to give you a visa unless you have them... with or without a waiver.

Ian
Old Dec 29th 2011, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Daca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really niceDaca is just really nice

Thanks for your reply

I do understand that the US doesn't have to give me a visa but I also think that I have enough grounds to apply for a waiver and will be doing so, whether we are successful or not we shall see, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Why would they give you the option to apply for a waiver if it didn't stand any chance of success?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.