Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by katjoeuk
Really??? Now that doesn't sound fair....
They said they couldnt do anything until it had been 4 weeks after the medical.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

God I'm so glad the cats are travelling in the cabin with us...I think I would get a heart attack if we were separated!
While you're partying, please take a moment to consider those who are highly allergic to cats. One person's elation is another person's nightmare - especially in an enclosed space!

Ian
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
While you're partying, please take a moment to consider those who are highly allergic to cats. One person's elation is another person's nightmare - especially in an enclosed space!

Ian
I've flown once before with cats in the cabin and they didn't let me know beforehand. I didn't realise that you have to ask the airline if cats will be flyings in the cabin or if peanuts will be served.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

Gosh, Ian, I wonder how you got your nickname!!!

Fyi, I'm not planning on throwing a big party on the plane, handing my kitties from one passenger to the next. They'll be sitting in their (very much enclosed) carriers the whole time.

What do you suggest to do with children throwing tantrums on planes, which is HIGHLY annoying to a lot of people - would you suggest they go in the hold, too??
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

"very much enclosed"? I suspect that the carriers will have significant openings so that the cats don't suffocate, and such openings work in two directions - air in, fur and dander out.
Fyi, I'm not planning on throwing a big party on the plane, handing my kitties from one passenger to the next. They'll be sitting in their (very much enclosed) carriers the whole time.
No. Kill them.
What do you suggest to do with children throwing tantrums on planes, which is HIGHLY annoying to a lot of people - would you suggest they go in the hold, too??
Regards, JEff
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ismo220
We had our interview yesterday. We live in Croydon and travelled to London and there was not a single problem with the riots, so all should be fine.

Hubby was approved!!! I was so excited.

We got the 05.45 train into Victoria then the Victoria line to Green Park. We walked from Green park. It only took 10 minutes and was a very nice walk. There were two people in the line, both got turned away when security opened as they had electronics on them that they should not have. So hubby was literally the first one in.

I went and had a coffee at the local Starbucks (only a 5 minute walk from the embassy). I managed to wait there until about 08.30 then couldn't sit still any more and walked back to the embassy.

He was the first Immigrant visa in line. He said there were a lot of people there, but they were mainly there for non-immigrant visas. I saw a lot of people get turned away at security. One woman even brought a laptop!! Clearly these people are not reading the forums

He said it was very quick and easy. He was only asked on question. They asked who my father was as he is our co-sponsor on the I-864. My husband stated that he was his father-in-law and the lady at the desk said "I'm happy to approve your visa, please raise your right hand..." And that was it!

One thing to point out, I didn't go in so I held onto his mobile during his interview. He got a test at around 08.30 from our bank stating that he made a purchase in the United States and to call if it was not correct. Now luckily the bank didn't block his card. However, if it were me, my card most certainly would have been blocked! So you may want to call your bank ahead of time to let them know that you will be making a purchase at the US Embassy so they can put a note on the account.

The last thing you want is for your card to get denied and you to have no access to phone to sort it out!

So after 10 months of going through this it's finally all done. I can hardly believe it still. I've been stressing the entire time during this process and when we returned home yesterday I passed out on the sofa and slept for hours! Definitely a sense of relief.

Next thing to worry about is my poor kitties being put on a plane for 8 hours! They land 6 hours before us so my mom is picking them up. We will be in the air when they get there, so I literally won't know that they arrived safely until I get to the other side and my mom can tell me so.
My hubby was there at the same time as yours. Glad to hear your hubby's was approved.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

While they are highly annoying - which, I might add, gets worse when they're in their teens - I'm not aware of anyone who is actually allergic to children. However, since you ask - I suggest giving the child cough syrup prior to boarding. Sleeping/doped child = nice trip for all passengers, including the parents.

WRT cats - I'm not talking about an annoyance... I'm talking about an actual health hazard. You're not alone though... many people don't consider the risk that cats pose in an enclosed space such as a plane.

I'm sure you'd prefer to ignore the issue entirely.

Ian
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

God I'm so glad the cats are travelling in the cabin with us...I think I would get a heart attack if we were separated!!! Oh, by the way, it says on the United website that pets travelling from the UK to the US aren't allowed, but that's not true; that's who we're flying and the cats are booked on (and a friend of ours just recently did the same - she had three cats so had to put two of them in the hold, but took the third one with her into the cabin). Just for your information!!
Seriously?! You just take them on in their box as if it were any old hand luggage? I wouldn't like to be allergic to cats on that flight! Then again, not much could make travelling with United worse.

EDIT: Sorry, I managed to miss the entire last page of the thread before posting that. The children comparison doesn't really stand up, as Ian said. My brother doesn't require hospitalization after contact with children, but he occasionally has after being somewhere a cat has been, even if the cat wasn't there at the time. That said, I don't think it is your fault. I do think it is silly of the airline to allow this. Then again (see above), it's United, so I'm not really surprised.

Last edited by Apfelkuchen; Aug 11th 2011 at 7:45 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree . I'm very glad that I can take them and that's that!! People expose themselves to all sorts of risks all the time, voluntarily or involuntarily; if you weigh 20 stone and board a plane, you put yourself at risk of getting embolisms etc.
But I'm going to stop justifying myself now because I don't really feel the need.
Plus, it's not really the point of this thread, either.
I just mentioned this originally in case there are other people travelling with cats as I thought they'd be interested.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree . I'm very glad that I can take them and that's that!! People expose themselves to all sorts of risks all the time, voluntarily or involuntarily; if you weigh 20 stone and board a plane, you put yourself at risk of getting embolisms etc.
But I'm going to stop justifying myself now because I don't really feel the need.
I don't think you have to justify yourself. Ultimately you are just taking advantage of what the airline allows. I just can't believe the airline allows it.

I guess you will just have to take the risk that they might end up sending your plane back to London because the person in the seat next to you is suffering from life-threatening asphyxia mid-flight!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Hubby had interview yesterday and was approved.

Question:
He was only given the CD disk--no brown envelope and when he asked the lady about it, she said that is all he needs.

What happened to the brown envelope? Does it come with the Visa via the courier? Can someone please let me know if they received a brown envelope after their successful interview recently?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Ok, it's seems they are arriving with Visa via the courier...phew.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gerber
Ok, it's seems they are arriving with Visa via the courier...phew.
CD disc? I've not heard of that one. What's on it?
Old Aug 12th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitebear
CD disc? I've not heard of that one. What's on it?
Chest x-rays. I think it's strange that they put everything else in the "brown envelope" but not the chest x-rays.

I'm still convinced it's some sort of big test to see how well we follow instructions!
Old Aug 12th 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ismo220
Chest x-rays. I think it's strange that they put everything else in the "brown envelope" but not the chest x-rays.

I'm still convinced it's some sort of big test to see how well we follow instructions!
So are you suppose to bring the CD with you to the US along with your brown envolope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.