Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Aug 8th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by little-evo
Just a quick question, if you do not mind me asking, how much was it to take you cat? We are thinking of bringing our dog with us when all is sorted and would like a ball park figure with regards to prices on animals in the cargo area.
We used Air Supply Shipping (or passports for pets). They quoted £1032 for 2 cats travelling from Heathrow to Newark, NJ. This costs includes them picking the cats up from our houses, holding them in a cattery, doing their fit to fly certificate, and all of their fees UK side.

Keep in mind though, this cost is based on the size of the animals and where they are flying too. So it might not give you that good of an idea to be honest.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my dog with virgin to Newark, cost £415
Old Aug 8th 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the dog in question is a Springer Spaniel cross, i'd say small/medium size, our ideal POE would be Atlanta...
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

We have our interview tomorrow! I can't believe it's finally here. Still hardly seems real.

We live in South Croydon and after watching everything that went on in central Croydon yesterday, we are so excited about getting out of here. A few of our friends' shops were destroyed, the place where my husband rehearsed for the last 20 years is in ruins. Just all so sad. I hope you are all okay!

I'll post tomorrow/Thursday about how his interview went and how the American Diner we are trying out is. I really hope it all goes well tomorrow and that he come out of that embassy with a big smile!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

Good luck for tomorrow
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ismo220
We live in South Croydon...
Do you know Martin Smith from Croydon?

... and after watching everything that went on in central Croydon yesterday, we are so excited about getting out of here.
We've seen some of the videos from London, and it's made the national news in the US! Frightening!

Ian
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do you know Martin Smith from Croydon?

We've seen some of the videos from London, and it's made the national news in the US! Frightening!

Ian

The US news bit is the worst part. I was on the phone with my mom telling her it's not that bad and no where near us, but they were actually showing Croydon the TV, so I couldn't fool her.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Kupo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey does anyone have the actual email address I should be using to contact the London Field Office? I sent off my I-130 petition on the July 20th and my bank account shows that they have taken the payment from my credit card on July 25th, but I STILL have not received ANY email or postal letter saying its been filed! I tried to email them on the actual "Filing an I-130" page where it says email at the top to click on, but when I click on it it opens up a page to write the email without an address in the top TO: section and has a stupid message in the body of where I would write the email saying

"I recommend this Embassy's webpage -- Filing I-130/I-360 | Embassy of the United States London, UK. You should check this out at, http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html"

so i cant send the email, since there is no email address. i tried this on a few other pages but same deal.. I am starting to panic now and dont want to phone the expensive number up yet if i dont even have a case file to give them. I would think since the money was taken out of my credit card, then it was filed, but I dont know and am starting to worry! Anyone else have this issue before?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

Kupo, I think it usually takes months for them to get back to you!! We never got anything back before the approval of our I-130; same situation ,money taken out but no info whatsoever...
I guess it's safe to assume that they have received everything since they've taken the payment...

You need lots of patience in this game!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Try looking on the USCIS web site, not the embassy's web site. Specifically, look here:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Kupo
Hey does anyone have the actual email address I should be using to contact the London Field Office? I sent off my I-130 petition on the July 20th and my bank account shows that they have taken the payment from my credit card on July 25th, but I STILL have not received ANY email or postal letter saying its been filed! I tried to email them on the actual "Filing an I-130" page where it says email at the top to click on, but when I click on it it opens up a page to write the email without an address in the top TO: section and has a stupid message in the body of where I would write the email saying
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katjoeuk
Kupo, I think it usually takes months for them to get back to you!! We never got anything back before the approval of our I-130; same situation ,money taken out but no info whatsoever...
I guess it's safe to assume that they have received everything since they've taken the payment...

You need lots of patience in this game!!!!
aaahhhhh that makes me feel loads better then thanks for that info!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Try looking on the USCIS web site, not the embassy's web site. Specifically, look here:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Regards, JEff
THANKS JEff!!!!!!!!!!! I saved it to my favourites so I can email them, as I also will be moving and need to notify them of my new address. I also will be having my mail re-directed, but want to let them know too.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:42 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kupo

"I recommend this Embassy's webpage -- Filing I-130/I-360 | Embassy of the United States London, UK. You should check this out at, http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html"

so i cant send the email, since there is no email address. i tried this on a few other pages but same deal.. I am starting to panic now and dont want to phone the expensive number up yet if i dont even have a case file to give them. I would think since the money was taken out of my credit card, then it was filed, but I dont know and am starting to worry! Anyone else have this issue before?
Kupo - The one thing I have learned from this process is patience! This site gave me the confidence to wait! Believe you me I waited 28 weeks before I finally got my case number! So you are very new in the que! If they took your money then your in the que! It won't be long so use this time to get all your other paperwork in order, read everything you can on the embassy website!

I can finally say that we have completed the interview and what relief! It is so funny how after every stage I worry all over again for the next stage! We are due to receive the mysterious brown envelope today and we have booked our road trip (flying to New York on the 3rd of sept, driving to St Louis, then off to Vegas and then settling in Az!) Crazy I know, but we want to see my family all along the way and flights are a fortune right now! The interview bit was such a no biggie, we originally did not send in our DS 2001 pt 2 so we sent next day delivery the next day and they still didnt have it when we arrived at the interview so they just had us fill out and sign another one lol! tsh, just not a big deal really.

OLIVER - how are you getting on?

I hope everyone really appreciates this message board as much as I have as it has helped me get through this process! Now I need to focus on the what happens when we get off the plane, ahhhh, I have not even looked at that part! I have heard that you have to give an address at the first place you are going to stay? we are stopping in New York at a random hotel, yikes, I will go and read up now lol. Thanks to all the moderators for all their funny, no nonsense comments and fabulous encouragement and help! The best quote, which is now my mantra, "it is what it is"
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

I regulary check the US Embassy website for filing times, here is the latest update for anyone wanting to know...

As of August 9, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on May 18, 2011
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa, congrats I bet your relieved. I have my interview a week monday and honestly am looking forward to it, I'm not too worried as all my documents are in order and the I-864 isn't a problem so am just looking forward to all this being over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.