Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old May 10th 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Thanks.

I'll be sure to keep the thread updated, although I'm not expecting the interview for a few months yet. There's a few recent posts around about the experience of the medical but I'll add mine too. I'm presuming all will be fine there. How upsetting would it be to find out that you can't get the visa and that you have some terrible medical condition all at the same time!

Hope all goes well with your application.

James

Had mine yesterday, in the Bentinck st location. Really handy to get to,from Bond St station.

Everything went smoothly (hopefully) they said they contact me by Friday if anything was up with bloods or chest xray. Was actually nervous so don't know what I'm going to be like for the interview!!

The Wife received her stamped tax returns forms back from the IRS today, so that took less than a week and also received the mother-in-laws I-864a today.

Nearly ready then, just a few wee loose ends to tie up. Hope to move by November so no mad rush for interview date yet.
Old May 11th 2012, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Procax is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

I'm not expecting the interview for a few months yet.

James
I hope it doesn't take a few months to get an interview. I now have a job offer to teach starting 6th August so I'm hoping things will move along quickly. We're still waiting for the case number after i-130 was approved on April 19th. I'm going to call later this week (again).

I'm hoping it takes no longer than around two months from case number to interview if I send it all off right away.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Procax
I hope it doesn't take a few months to get an interview. I now have a job offer to teach starting 6th August so I'm hoping things will move along quickly. We're still waiting for the case number after i-130 was approved on April 19th. I'm going to call later this week (again).

I'm hoping it takes no longer than around two months from case number to interview if I send it all off right away.
Sorry, I meant I wasn't planning on submitting the forms until the end of June and then I was anticipating at least a month's wait to get the interview. It would be good to know how long yours takes to sort actually (not that that will have any baring on how long mine takes of course). I'm trying to aim for a mid-August interview but I don't really know when I should submit the forms to make that happen.
Old May 13th 2012, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Chem is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my interview on Friday and got approval! We're travelling out to the US in July. Thank you to everyone who has posted advice - even those not directed to me - I've read many threads and recieved a lot of assurance & help from you guys.

A couple of thoughts I had from my experience at the embassy:

I don't know if it's possible but if your spouse is accompanying you call the phone line and check they have recieved your request for your spouse to be added to the list for that day. We sent off the letter when we recieved our appointment and my wife never made it onto the list, there was no way she was getting in and she was left sitting on a bench outside.

Speaking of security, USB thumbdrives are also on the list of banned items, there is a list at Goulds be careful.

Take a pen. In my quest to get through security as quickly and easily as possible I got rid of everything bar my paperwork at Goulds. There is a form you need to complete, you'll need a pen.

For me the interview was a breeze but we have been married for four years, we both are well qualified and we had an affidavit of support from my wifes parents that more than met the poverty threshold. They didn't want to see any extra paperwork or the like. The questions I was asked were really checking the basics (where we are going to stay, our plans for employment, whether I like my in laws - we're living with them to begin with etc)

The whole process took around 3 hours.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Procax is an unknown quantity at this point

Still have yet to get my case number and it has almost been four weeks since i-130 approval. Called the number again today and after a big plea was able to get the email and code to email them but told not to send it until the four weeks since approval which is on Thursday.

Getting a little nervous now as I have a teaching job in Indiana starting on August 6th. Flights booked for July 28th. I'm hoping mentioning all this will help speed things up a little. I hope they haven't forgotten about us as it seemed they did after the i-130 approval (letter wasn't sent until two weeks after approval).
Old May 16th 2012, 6:44 pm
Mosquito-Bait

teamaven is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the visa this am via DX secure.
From start to finish (finish being the IR-1 Visa) took 5.6 months.
Now we've got a month to finish packing *we booked our flight out for the 18th* Yay!
Old May 16th 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats - the month should fly by

I also fly out the 18th - but this 18th, just 2 more days
Old May 17th 2012, 7:43 am
Banned

Roys is an unknown quantity at this point

to all those who have helped us over the I-130 thanks and i hope I can help the next lot of members. As I am down to the last few days in the UK
Old May 17th 2012, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roys
to all those who have helped us over the I-130 thanks and i hope I can help the next lot of members. As I am down to the last few days in the UK
+100 to that - the whole process would have been a lot more stressful without all the great help from the people here
Old May 17th 2012, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations to all the above who have recently got their visas

How long did the process take, if you don't me asking? I'm starting to wonder if we should revise our common advice that 'DCF' in London takes around 8-10 months. From what I've seen with my case (so far) and others, 6-8 seems more realistic at the moment.

Good luck with the upcoming moves. I'm very jealous

James
Old May 17th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations to all the above who have recently got their visas

How long did the process take, if you don't me asking? I'm starting to wonder if we should revise our common advice that 'DCF' in London takes around 8-10 months. From what I've seen with my case (so far) and others, 6-8 seems more realistic at the moment.

Good luck with the upcoming moves. I'm very jealous

James
I started mine at the end of August and got my visa end of March - though I 'lost' a month because of a RFE where I didn't include the correct divorce paperwork.
Which all worked out as it meant I was still in England for the end of the footy season
Old May 17th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philk
Which all worked out as it meant I was still in England for the end of the footy season
And what an end it was. Good job you didn't miss that!
Old May 17th 2012, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Chem is an unknown quantity at this point

Flight booked for July 12th, arranged visa for redelivery tomorrow, family in the US getting VERY excited and a cup final on Saturday!!

Now I just have to finish up the school year, get my academic transcripts etc together to get my Illinois teaching certification and dispose of or pack up 35 years worth of stuff! It's all good.
Old May 17th 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

James- Have you heard anymore about how long roughly it is taking people between sending on forms to the Embassy stating they are ready and the interview?
Old May 17th 2012, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
James- Have you heard anymore about how long roughly it is taking people between sending on forms to the Embassy stating they are ready and the interview?
I haven't, but I'm sure some of the nice folks above us will let us know how long theirs took. A month or two maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.