Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jul 15th 2011, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
we were told to bring the police report when we phoned to schedule the medical. Im surprised they didnt tell you when you made the appointment.
yeah indeed. They informed me when I booked the appointment I needed to bring it.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

chask is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, I just realized, your timeline is nearly exactly like ours and you received an rfe as we did. interesting!
Yes, I read your entries a number of months ago and our applications seemed to be in the same pile at the embassy! Your posts have been very helpful to us.

We've been debating whether or not I should go along with my wife for her interview. Are you going along with your spouse, or vice versa?

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request on 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approval 7 June 2011 (received in post 11 June). Case number received 15th June. Medical on 24th June. Interview appointment letter dated 12th July (received in post 15th July). Interview scheduled for 2nd August.

Last edited by chask; Jul 15th 2011 at 3:28 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Well, I think the money you pay to ring the embassy is money well spent as it seems we get results! My hubby just completed his medical today and they said they needed a copy of his police report! Well that information was not on the website!

The embassy said they mailed our case number last friday and we have yet to receive it!

I think if we have not heard anything regarding our visa interview in the next two weeks I will call!

Thank you to everyone who put their experiences on here as I have learnt so much and definitely feel we have been moving forward quicker in this process as a result and for that I am so grateful to you all! (Can't you just tell I'm American lol) Group Hug lololololol!
Hi Lisa, I feel the same! It's good to hear about others' experience for some peace of mind!

Regarding police certs, ironically my wife was told to bring them by the receptionist when she called to schedule her medical interview. I agree, that should be made clear in the documentation!

Our case number arrived in the post about 4 days after we were told our I-130 was approved. We called and emailed the [email protected] email address and they told us it was approved via email reply and that the letter was in the post. So it should be with you very soon.

My wife's medical was on 24th June, the interview letter was dated 12th July (received in the post just today, the 15th) stating the interview date of 2nd August. Hope those timescales help a bit.

Best of luck getting an interview soon!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 9:07 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chask
Hi Lisa, I feel the same! It's good to hear about others' experience for some peace of mind!

Regarding police certs, ironically my wife was told to bring them by the receptionist when she called to schedule her medical interview. I agree, that should be made clear in the documentation!

Our case number arrived in the post about 4 days after we were told our I-130 was approved. We called and emailed the [email protected] email address and they told us it was approved via email reply and that the letter was in the post. So it should be with you very soon.

My wife's medical was on 24th June, the interview letter was dated 12th July (received in the post just today, the 15th) stating the interview date of 2nd August. Hope those timescales help a bit.

Best of luck getting an interview soon!
Thanks for that, yes I find these discussion boards very helpful as they gave me loads of confidence to wait and be patient. My hubby had his medical on thursday the 14th and I sent in my DS 230 pt 1, DS 2001 and check list on the Tuesday before! as we got our case number on the monday. I just yesterday got the approval letter in the mail asking for the DS 230 part 2, uh oh, we did not send that in, do you think it will be a problem? I will in any event phone the embassy on Monday to confirm, I hope we get an interview date by mid August so we can leave at the beginning of September although the 1st is Memorial day and probably not the best day to travel!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by chask
Yes, I read your entries a number of months ago and our applications seemed to be in the same pile at the embassy! Your posts have been very helpful to us.

We've been debating whether or not I should go along with my wife for her interview. Are you going along with your spouse, or vice versa?

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request on 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approval 7 June 2011 (received in post 11 June). Case number received 15th June. Medical on 24th June. Interview appointment letter dated 12th July (received in post 15th July). Interview scheduled for 2nd August.
Yes, I am going with my husband and I think he requested this on the cover letter we sent in with the DS 230 part I and part II and DS 2001.
Do you remember if you requested it as I think it is somehow listed on it.. if not you could probably email them to request it and or just show up and hope for the best... but i would email for sure if you didnt intially request it!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Thanks for that, yes I find these discussion boards very helpful as they gave me loads of confidence to wait and be patient. My hubby had his medical on thursday the 14th and I sent in my DS 230 pt 1, DS 2001 and check list on the Tuesday before! as we got our case number on the monday. I just yesterday got the approval letter in the mail asking for the DS 230 part 2, uh oh, we did not send that in, do you think it will be a problem? I will in any event phone the embassy on Monday to confirm, I hope we get an interview date by mid August so we can leave at the beginning of September although the 1st is Memorial day and probably not the best day to travel!
I think it probably wont be a problem as before I read people not sending in part II , but you could mail it to them if you wanted to be safe and make sure you definitely take a copy as well! Good luck getting the date you want for your interview!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lisa, I agree with shadowmeister that it shouldn't be a problem. Another one of those things that should be made more clear in the documentation! I too had read that some people forgot to send it in, but during the interview they just filled it out and signed it there. But if they're asking for you to send it now, probably better to do it now. Best of luck with interview date!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I am going with my husband and I think he requested this on the cover letter we sent in with the DS 230 part I and part II and DS 2001.
Do you remember if you requested it as I think it is somehow listed on it.. if not you could probably email them to request it and or just show up and hope for the best... but i would email for sure if you didnt intially request it!
Many thanks for the advice! We didn't request it in the cover letter, at the time didn't think it would be necessary for me to attend. But since we got an RFE, for whatever reason they thought we needed to provide evidence, we finally decided it might be best that I attend the interview too. We've emailed the [email protected] address to have me included. We'll see if we get a response, if not will have to call the good 'ol 09042 number again, ugh...

We've booked our flights to LA for 11th August. Movers coming in on 9th August. Coming up so quickly now!

Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Well if it makes you feel better, it appears they didn't acknowledge his request for me to attend, so now my husband has written a letter to request again and he will send it out to morrow.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you both. Good luck with everything. I fly out on the 9th and my husband will follow later.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Well if it makes you feel better, it appears they didn't acknowledge his request for me to attend, so now my husband has written a letter to request again and he will send it out to morrow.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you both. Good luck with everything. I fly out on the 9th and my husband will follow later.
Funny how they have everyone's email and mobile number from the I-130. You would think that a simple acknowledgement that your husband can attend by text or email is all it takes!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you too and good luck! Time seems to be moving so quickly all of a sudden!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:37 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

You know I was planning on just attending the interview with my hubby. I didn't know you needed to ask, they do have a waiting room! Do I have to ask for permission to sit in the waiting room?
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

You know I was planning on just attending the interview with my hubby. I didn't know you needed to ask, they do have a waiting room! Do I have to ask for permission to sit in the waiting room?
In our letter stating our interview date, it says 'if you need to bring a carer, translator or US Citizen spouse/fiance(e) to assist you during your time at the embassy, please send their full name(s) as soon as possible so that we may arrange their access to the Embassy.' So it appears you do have to let them know if advance.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Do I have to ask for permission to sit in the waiting room?
You need permission to get into the Embassy

Usually your US passport and being with your spouse is enough, but there have been occasions when they have played hard ball.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

JennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really nice

Hello,

My husband will be going in for his interview next week and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this:

I have read in a few posts that at the medical, people were given materials to give to the embassy on the day of their interview. My husband got nothing. Is this normal?

I am a little more worried than usual seeing as the people working at Knightsbridge have not proved to be the brightest, as they delayed our interview date through their laziness. They spelled my husband's name wrong on his test results (which is odd, because it is a very common English name), and even though the embassy kept sending the results back to them and telling them that the name was wrong, they decided NOT to contact my husband and get the correct spelling of his name but to just play 'pass the lab results' with the embassy for weeks, guessing at the name spelling a few more times and getting it sent back again and again. Thank goodness we checked up on it, or it would still be ping-ponging back and forth!

So, has anyone else NOT gotten stuff from the medical to hand in at the interview? The medical went fine as far as we know, he just had to have one MMR jab and that was it.

Last edited by JennaB; Jul 19th 2011 at 12:22 am.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 2:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Knightsbridge sends the medical results directly to the Embassy. For an Immigrant Visa, your husband shouldn't have anything from them.

Maybe you're thinking of the K-1 visa folks who do need to get a copy of their vaccination report.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.