Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF-Does embassy get informed about ACPO report before interview?

DCF-Does embassy get informed about ACPO report before interview?

Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:44 am
Rockin' In the Free World

BrookNTwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF-Does embassy get informed about ACPO report before interview?

Hi everyone

Just starting my DCF process (married for 5 years to an American woman living here in the U.K.).

I have taken my time in getting all my information together to begin my process (we are not in a desperate hurry so are taking our time) and haven't had my petition (I-130) submitted yet.

Getting to my question, I have been getting documents together (birth, wedding etc) and received back my ACPO police check (which was completely clear). I am travelling to the US in December for 4 days for a wedding and was wondering whether the fact that I have applied for a police certificate will show up on POE computers. The reason I ask, is that in the guidelines for the certificate it states that if payment is not cleared, the embassy is notified of this. Are the embassy notified when a certificate is issued?

I have not filed any other documents at this moment in time, but wonder whether there will be a red flag raised as I have had my police certificate done....

Any thoughts appreciated
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF-Does embassy get informed about ACPO report before interview?

Originally Posted by BrookNTwon
... and was wondering whether the fact that I have applied for a police certificate will show up on POE computers.
No.

Are the embassy notified when a certificate is issued?
No.

Ian
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Just starting my DCF process (married for 5 years to an American woman living here in the U.K.).

I have taken my time in getting all my information together to begin my process (we are not in a desperate hurry so are taking our time) and haven't had my petition (I-130) submitted yet.

Getting to my question, I have been getting documents together (birth, wedding etc) and received back my ACPO police check (which was completely clear). I am travelling to the US in December for 4 days for a wedding and was wondering whether the fact that I have applied for a police certificate will show up on POE computers. The reason I ask, is that in the guidelines for the certificate it states that if payment is not cleared, the embassy is notified of this. Are the embassy notified when a certificate is issued?

I have not filed any other documents at this moment in time, but wonder whether there will be a red flag raised as I have had my police certificate done....

Any thoughts appreciated
That's an interesting question.. why do you ask?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:21 am
Rockin' In the Free World

BrookNTwon is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't have given it any other thought, as I haven't "officially" started the visa process, but on the guidelines for the certificate it indicates that if the payment for the certificate fails to go through, then the embassy is informed.....

So I basically am wondering whether they are notified of every person who applys for a certificate for immigration purposes... I don't really wanna get stopped at POE, or at least want to be prepared for it.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have given it any other thought, as I haven't "officially" started the visa process, but on the guidelines for the certificate it indicates that if the payment for the certificate fails to go through, then the embassy is informed.....

So I basically am wondering whether they are notified of every person who applys for a certificate for immigration purposes... I don't really wanna get stopped at POE, or at least want to be prepared for it.
Ah, so your concern is about getting through the airport when you come to the US for a visit?
Whether the Embassy is notified or not, it doesn't make a difference for your entry as a visitor. If you're asked about your plans, you can tell them about applying for your immigrant visa in London.